How are you all doing?
- I'm from Iraq and will start 5th grade this October (our system 6 years, first 2 grades preclinical, 3rd grade preclinical+and some exposure to clinical and rotations, 4th some preclinical+clinical+first rotations, 5th clinical+rotations, 6th all rotations or internship)
- I'm intending to take USMLE after graduation and getting my M.B.Ch.B (2015) but now I want to study for the USMLE step 1 instead of wasting my summer vacation, but my plan is to take step 2 CK a month after graduation (that would be August) then taking step 1 by the end of 2015 before I start my (senior house officer) in a hospital so I can travel to the USA by the end of Jan 2016 or something like that without working in a hospital in Iraq. Are the date fixed for certain months or dates or they're all-year round???
- Some say that I need to work and get work experience and some say that it's possible to travel after graduation and get a residency in the US after completing step 1, 2 CK and 2 CS, and matching, now I'm confused?! is it possible to get residency without doing (senior house officer) in my country and without any experience just my degree and exam scores??
- Another question, my plan is a little bit messy and there will be some overlap between studying for step 1 and CK (first I will study 2 Kaplan books then start studying for CK and after CK exam will resume studying step 1 beside studying for my own college exams) will that benefit me?? I mean is it even possible to get good scores in both examinations with such plan??
- And regarding Kaplan Microbiology and Pathology, I read some posts about some people's experiences and they recommend studying Pathoma and Goljan instead of Kaplan, and depending on First Aid HY Microbiology instead of wasting time on the big Kaplan book?? true or it depends on the person???
I know I'm asking a lot but I didn't want to ask in seperate posts and ruin the forum
but please any help is appreciated... PLEASE