Nbme 440 score 2nd time - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     49,925 Members     221,647 Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-09-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 4
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default Nbme 440 score 2nd time

Hello everybody... Im currently frustrated because its the second time i score a 440 (207) on the nbme in a row... Im doing FA and Qbank.. The way i was studying was just reviewing the FA as a whole...
My weak subjects in the nbmes have been biochemistry, inmunology and physiology (the rest arent bad)... I want to take the test in 7 weeks but dont know if i have enough time to study those 2 sbjects only on the kaplan notes.. What do yall think? Is it a waste of time being that my exam is comng close? Also, i dont wanna just focus on those notes and not worry about the other subjects... My goal is to hit a 240.. I need some input please.. Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote



  #2  
Old 09-10-2013
mmpetrov's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 195
Threads: 5
Thanked 122 Times in 67 Posts
Reputation: 132
Show Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimra View Post
Hello everybody... Im currently frustrated because its the second time i score a 440 (207) on the nbme in a row... Im doing FA and Qbank.. The way i was studying was just reviewing the FA as a whole...
My weak subjects in the nbmes have been biochemistry, inmunology and physiology (the rest arent bad)... I want to take the test in 7 weeks but dont know if i have enough time to study those 2 sbjects only on the kaplan notes.. What do yall think? Is it a waste of time being that my exam is comng close? Also, i dont wanna just focus on those notes and not worry about the other subjects... My goal is to hit a 240.. I need some input please.. Thank you in advance
Well if you only studied from FA, that means that you most likely lack the basic understanding of some topics. Which are Physiology and Biochem. FA is not enoght for them if you didnt have a good background. I think you should spend 3-4 days on Biochem from Kaplan+VIDIOS(very good and important) and for Physiology Cardio+Respiratory from Kaplan+Videos. and after Do BRS phsyiology.
Plus do Questions, everyday and a lot only on the topics you covering. So if you doing Cardio Physiology today, then do 100 Q's on Cardio Physiology/Pathology that day. To solidify your knowledge
Reply With Quote
The above post was thanked by:
Nimra (09-10-2013)
  #3  
Old 09-11-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 4
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmpetrov View Post
Well if you only studied from FA, that means that you most likely lack the basic understanding of some topics. Which are Physiology and Biochem. FA is not enoght for them if you didnt have a good background. I think you should spend 3-4 days on Biochem from Kaplan+VIDIOS(very good and important) and for Physiology Cardio+Respiratory from Kaplan+Videos. and after Do BRS phsyiology.
Plus do Questions, everyday and a lot only on the topics you covering. So if you doing Cardio Physiology today, then do 100 Q's on Cardio Physiology/Pathology that day. To solidify your knowledge
Thank you very much for your advice.. I think Im going to do it that way.. Do you think BRS is mandatory if I really study and learn Kaplan notes? Or can I do without it?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-11-2013
mmpetrov's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 195
Threads: 5
Thanked 122 Times in 67 Posts
Reputation: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimra View Post
Thank you very much for your advice.. I think Im going to do it that way.. Do you think BRS is mandatory if I really study and learn Kaplan notes? Or can I do without it?
Well its not mandatory. Its really your personal preference. I read ALL kaplan. but in the end i chose to study like this:
CARDIO and RESP from kaplan with VIDEOS mandatory- to really understand whats going on. And BRS for the rest and review cardio and resp there again. BRS is very good at reviewing stuff you already know. Kaplan is better if you have a low basic knowledge....i think.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-11-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 4
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Send a message via MSN to Mustaf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmpetrov View Post
Well its not mandatory. Its really your personal preference. I read ALL kaplan. but in the end i chose to study like this:
CARDIO and RESP from kaplan with VIDEOS mandatory- to really understand whats going on. And BRS for the rest and review cardio and resp there again. BRS is very good at reviewing stuff you already know. Kaplan is better if you have a low basic knowledge....i think.
i totally agree with you, i m almost at the end of my physiology review.
kaplan is perfect on resp part of physiology and BRS is good on renal part of physiology the other parts of physiology either way is good.
Reply With Quote
The above post was thanked by:
Nimra (09-15-2013)



Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best time to take nbme??? svetoh USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 08-05-2013 04:06 PM
uw second time score mycoplasma USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 3 07-10-2013 10:27 AM
Is time for NBME! dr.mac2013 USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 04-01-2013 03:10 PM
U World CK for the 2nd Time and its Score...Reliable? Kartopia USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 3 10-10-2011 06:51 PM
What time should we get Step 3 score? samreen154 USMLE Step 3 Forum 7 11-26-2010 05:20 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)