221 for step one - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-20-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: CK Only
Posts: 125
Threads: 24
Thanked 30 Times in 21 Posts
Reputation: 40
Experiences 221 for step one

Friends I know I should have sent out this. I knew that I have to write about my experience maybe I will get someone encouraged an motivated.
I took the exam June 10th, 2013. I got my results back 10th July, 2013. The wait was long.
The exam is doable but only if you really prepare well, I mean very well. Time goes very fast and this means that u should have prepared so well that the answers just come easily in your brain.
I exam was hard, i thought but it is doable, there were questions are i knew and there were those that were hard for me to figure out.

Materials used
Kaplan notes
pathoma --parts of it coz i got it late, but pathoma is very very good, even one read will get you a good score.
DIT parts of it coz i got this material very late
Kaplan Qbank, UW, and USMLERx
I read on and off like for 12 months because i had to take for two months to read for CS which i passed and was in school doing a masters in public health too.
Prayer and hardwork i what got me this score. Many times i felt discouraged but i talked to people who had taken the exam before and this forum was a great tool.
Thank you everyone for your advice, It really helped me get an insight about the exam.thanks and may God richly bless you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drglo (09-30-2013), dwijeshsheth (09-30-2013), khiladi_img (09-20-2013), Nijhum (09-23-2013), vrush_1003 (10-03-2013)



  #2  
Old 09-30-2013
aks1987's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 155
Threads: 19
Thanked 43 Times in 36 Posts
Reputation: 53
Default

Congrats. Good score !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-30-2013
abeer's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 369
Threads: 3
Thanked 193 Times in 81 Posts
Reputation: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsurge View Post
Friends I know I should have sent out this. I knew that I have to write about my experience maybe I will get someone encouraged an motivated.
I took the exam June 10th, 2013. I got my results back 10th July, 2013. The wait was long.
The exam is doable but only if you really prepare well, I mean very well. Time goes very fast and this means that u should have prepared so well that the answers just come easily in your brain.
I exam was hard, i thought but it is doable, there were questions are i knew and there were those that were hard for me to figure out.

Materials used
Kaplan notes
pathoma --parts of it coz i got it late, but pathoma is very very good, even one read will get you a good score.
DIT parts of it coz i got this material very late
Kaplan Qbank, UW, and USMLERx
I read on and off like for 12 months because i had to take for two months to read for CS which i passed and was in school doing a masters in public health too.
Prayer and hardwork i what got me this score. Many times i felt discouraged but i talked to people who had taken the exam before and this forum was a great tool.
Thank you everyone for your advice, It really helped me get an insight about the exam.thanks and may God richly bless you

you didn't mention how did you find the exam? i mean were the concepts same as uw and FA? and what did you find the hardest in exam? can you please answer this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 09-30-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: CK Only
Posts: 125
Threads: 24
Thanked 30 Times in 21 Posts
Reputation: 40
Default Hi

I found the exam hard, but the concepts in the FA and UW were in the exam .It is hard but doable.The trick is practice.Because if the time constraint there is not much time to think, so you need to read the stem fast and think of the answer, peruse through the choices and tick on the correct one. Iam not sure if this answers your question but hopefully it does
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
abeer (09-30-2013)
  #5  
Old 09-30-2013
abeer's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 369
Threads: 3
Thanked 193 Times in 81 Posts
Reputation: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsurge View Post
I found the exam hard, but the concepts in the FA and UW were in the exam .It is hard but doable.The trick is practice.Because if the time constraint there is not much time to think, so you need to read the stem fast and think of the answer, peruse through the choices and tick on the correct one. Iam not sure if this answers your question but hopefully it does


last question ( sorry), how was nbme for you?? and was the real exam like nbme?? i really do not like nbme questions, and i feel really scared when ppl say that exam was just like nbme,.. for uw, one can think of an answer directly or indirectly but for nbme there is either an answer or no answer at all.. can u plz put some light on it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-30-2013
Dr. KnifeHappy's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 165
Threads: 19
Thanked 179 Times in 69 Posts
Reputation: 189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeer View Post
last question ( sorry), how was nbme for you?? and was the real exam like nbme?? i really do not like nbme questions, and i feel really scared when ppl say that exam was just like nbme,.. for uw, one can think of an answer directly or indirectly but for nbme there is either an answer or no answer at all.. can u plz put some light on it?
same here...but since nbmes r retired usmle questions. it is most likely gonna be like it. uworld questions makes sense, nbme is more on pure knowledge to me and harder.
__________________
~When FEAR knocks, let FAITH answer the door.~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 09-30-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: CK Only
Posts: 125
Threads: 24
Thanked 30 Times in 21 Posts
Reputation: 40
Default

I don't remember specifics but I guess u can do just one or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Step-1-Experience

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)