''Alone'' or Kaplan?
Good night everyone. I'm in my third year in medicine school and I already started to look for information about USMLE (HUGE GOAL), so I'm getting to a point where i found incredible good information about the best texts and...Kaplan. The ''Alone'' system will cost me USD $9000 and the Kaplan system will cost me like USD $16000. The money is a big question for me, but I refuse to make my choice based on it, so I need good advices from all of you to help me with this (I have to start saving NOW!!... And working )
This is the list of texts for the ''Alone'' plan:
- Guide: First Aid fot the USMLE Step 1, Le.
- QBank: USMLE world S1 (1 year); Review for the USMLE S1, Lazo.
- Anatomy: High-Yield Gross Anatomy, Dudek.
- Embriology: High-Yield Embriology, Dudek.
- Histology: Cell Biology and Histology, BRS, Gartner.
- Behavioral Science: High-Yield Behavioral Science, Fadem.
- Biochemistry: Lippincott Illustrated Review: Biochemistry, Ferrier.
- Genetics: High-Yield Genetics, Dudek and Wiley.
- Microbiology and Immunology: Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple and High-Yield Immunology, Johnson.
- Neuroanatomy: High-Yield Neuroanatomy, Fix.
- Patology: BRS Patology, Schneider.
- Pharmacology: Lippincott Illustrated Reviews: Pharmacology, Harvey.
- Physiology: BRS Physiology, Costanzo (plus Qbook).
- Guide: First Aid for the USMLE Step 2, Le.
- QBank: USMLE World step 2 CK (1 year) and CS (60 days), NMS Review for the USMLE step 2.
- Internal Medicine: Blueprints in Medicine, Young plus Clinical Cases. And NMS Medicine, Wolfsthal.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology: Blueprints in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Callahan plus Clinical Cases.
- Pediatrics: NMS Pediatrics, Dowrkin plus Blueprints QA in pediatrics, Foti.
- Preventive Medicine: NMS Preventive Medicine and Public Health.
- Psychiatry: Blueprints in Psychiatry, Murphy plus Clinical Cases.
- Surgery: Blueprints in Surgery, Karp plus Cinical Cases.
- Guide: Firs Aid for the USMLE S3, NMS Review for the USMLE and Step-Up to USMLE S3.
- QBank: USMLE World Step 3.
If you really read the whole thing, thank you so much, God bless you
Sorry for redaction mistakes, I'm still learning.
Dont be in a hurry for step 3, you can take it after many years.
For your exact question i watched kaplan videos, but not live course. For me kaplan videos are enough.
|The above post was thanked by:|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|What order to watch kaplan videos in? Kaplan video schedule?||Dr.NickRiviera||USMLE Step 2 CK Forum||5||03-31-2015 06:14 PM|
|Kaplan Lecture Notes versus Kaplan Home Study Program||StepTaker||USMLE Step 1 Forum||8||10-02-2013 12:35 AM|
|Kaplan Step 2 Ck Lecture Notes 2011-12 Latest Edition (Kaplan CK) for sale||Joyce||For Sale & Wanted Items||4||03-17-2012 07:34 AM|
|Kaplan 2010 or Kaplan 2011 Lecture Notes||dr.aisha||USMLE Step 1 Forum||4||03-13-2012 12:44 PM|