Step 1 score 221 - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-12-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 22
Threads: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default Step 1 score 221

Hi everyone
i am an old IMG ,presently professor in pathology ,
my step 1 score is 221
can i be hopeful of getting pathology residency ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 02-12-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 94
Threads: 21
Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 31
Default

Congrats! Even if your score is in the average, maybe not a super score, you are a doctor and a Professor in your country, with a lot of publications I suppose and other credentials!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 02-13-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 22
Threads: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

thanks ...Yes I have around 25-30 publications .in national and international journals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 02-13-2014
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,109
Threads: 31
Thanked 520 Times in 394 Posts
Reputation: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejinderbhasin View Post
Hi everyone
i am an old IMG ,presently professor in pathology ,
my step 1 score is 221
can i be hopeful of getting pathology residency ?
But why do u want to do usmle. Strange to me.
__________________
In USMLE, “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 02-13-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 22
Threads: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

I am sure you are not working in india ..as a pathologist ..otherwise you would have not asked
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 02-13-2014
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,109
Threads: 31
Thanked 520 Times in 394 Posts
Reputation: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejinderbhasin View Post
I am sure you are not working in india ..as a pathologist ..otherwise you would have not asked

Oh ok I am not that is why it sounded strange.
__________________
In USMLE, “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 02-13-2014
pranavmerchant's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 350
Threads: 5
Thanked 237 Times in 123 Posts
Reputation: 247
Default

not sure about ur question but congratulations on clearing the exam!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 02-13-2014
dr_kg's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 333
Threads: 25
Thanked 98 Times in 79 Posts
Reputation: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejinderbhasin View Post
thanks ...Yes I have around 25-30 publications .in national and international journals
pass ck first attempt, you should match!
__________________
Work Smarter...not harder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 02-13-2014
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 592
Threads: 92
Thanked 195 Times in 127 Posts
Reputation: 205
Send a message via Skype™ to drpisho
Question Post your experience :)

Hi, first congratulations!! 2nd dont worry you will match!! you sound
very passionate about pathology and that is a big plus.
3rd, could you please share you experience of the test? when you took it, how did you handle the breaks, overall what did you feel was most tested, and did qs show tons of mris, cts? how many times uworld and fa?
__________________
Will. Power. Faith. MATCHED IM 2016!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 02-13-2014
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,109
Threads: 31
Thanked 520 Times in 394 Posts
Reputation: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavmerchant View Post
not sure about ur question but congratulations on clearing the exam!!
I don't mean harm.
I mean I am quite impressed to see a professor wanting to go the way of usmle.
Kudos.
__________________
In USMLE, “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 02-14-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 22
Threads: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default exam experience

Hi Everyone,
I had very less time 5-6 hrs max /day as i am a professor in a medical school and also run my private laboraties in the city plus i have a sweet 6 year old daughter ...so i had to blanche two jobs and family and mle..but it was fun ..enjoy the journey...took 5-6 months of serious study
Point to be noted as i teach pathology i did not do any pathology book except mle questions...

TEST material used
1. kaplan books 1 reading
2. First Aid 2 readings
3. mleworld first time read all explanations and second time did it random timed and read only wrong questions explanation.
4. did rxusmle q bank 1500 questions while reading first aid second time.

test day
took 10 minutes break after each block. after 4 th block took a 20 minute break and had snacks...breaks do help..to focus better...
questions were like uworld. there were examples of the same concept being tested twice within the same block
media questions were 3-5 ..tough ones..
biostats is my weak point hated calculation esp NNT questions..

My advice first aid and mleworld ...they are the backbone ..
all the best
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
pragati (02-14-2014)
  #12  
Old 02-14-2014
pranavmerchant's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 350
Threads: 5
Thanked 237 Times in 123 Posts
Reputation: 247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejinderbhasin View Post
Hi Everyone,
I had very less time 5-6 hrs max /day as i am a professor in a medical school and also run my private laboraties in the city plus i have a sweet 6 year old daughter ...so i had to blanche two jobs and family and mle..but it was fun ..enjoy the journey...took 5-6 months of serious study
Point to be noted as i teach pathology i did not do any pathology book except mle questions...

TEST material used
1. kaplan books 1 reading
2. First Aid 2 readings
3. mleworld first time read all explanations and second time did it random timed and read only wrong questions explanation.
4. did rxusmle q bank 1500 questions while reading first aid second time.

test day
took 10 minutes break after each block. after 4 th block took a 20 minute break and had snacks...breaks do help..to focus better...
questions were like uworld. there were examples of the same concept being tested twice within the same block
media questions were 3-5 ..tough ones..
biostats is my weak point hated calculation esp NNT questions..

My advice first aid and mleworld ...they are the backbone ..
all the best
looks like you actually enjoyed the step... thats refreshing to hear!!
good luck for CK!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
tejinderbhasin (02-14-2014)
  #13  
Old 02-14-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 12
Threads: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

congratulations!! fab result all the best for step2ck which you will probably find easier - with your credentials you have a solid score

<also hater of biostats>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
usmle world score and prediction of step 2 ck score dhanvanthri80 USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 8 06-10-2016 08:32 AM
High CK score to overcome Low Step 1 Score! sabarishg USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 22 12-23-2015 07:06 PM
About UW score and Step 1 score as predictors of ck score smallneve USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 1 10-31-2013 12:29 PM
CK Score Less Important than Step 1 Score sabarishg USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 11 06-18-2013 07:34 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)