can anyone explain this? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-20-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 155
Threads: 43
Thanked 67 Times in 25 Posts
Reputation: 77
Default can anyone explain this?

An immunologic laboratory is studying the migration patterns of different lymphocyte subpopulations.One population of small,non dividing lymphocytes,which are CD 3+ and CD 4+ and express low levels of IL-2 receptors but high levels of LFA-1,are labeled with a radioactive marker and traced as they migrate through the body. What type of cell has been labeled in this case?

A.Blast cell
B. Memory T cell
C. Activated T cell
D.Naive T cell
E. Effector T cell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 02-20-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 122
Threads: 29
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to Irha
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnagubandi View Post
An immunologic laboratory is studying the migration patterns of different lymphocyte subpopulations.One population of small,non dividing lymphocytes,which are CD 3+ and CD 4+ and express low levels of IL-2 receptors but high levels of LFA-1,are labeled with a radioactive marker and traced as they migrate through the body. What type of cell has been labeled in this case?

A.Blast cell
B. Memory T cell
C. Activated T cell
D.Naive T cell
E. Effector T cell
i think option c.cuz high levels of LFA1 helps in CD8 cell activation n proliferation.
__________________
If Allah should aid you,no one can overcome you;But if he should forshake you,who is there who can aid you after him.And upon Allah let the believers rely!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
vnagubandi (02-20-2014)
  #3  
Old 02-20-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 214
Threads: 12
Thanked 107 Times in 68 Posts
Reputation: 117
Default

I think the answer is Naive T cells. Low il2 expression, small non divided cells directed me to this choice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
vnagubandi (02-20-2014)
  #4  
Old 02-20-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 155
Threads: 43
Thanked 67 Times in 25 Posts
Reputation: 77
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barıs Olten View Post
I think the answer is Naive T cells. Low il2 expression, small non divided cells directed me to this choice
You are thinking along the right line
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 02-20-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 214
Threads: 12
Thanked 107 Times in 68 Posts
Reputation: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnagubandi View Post
You are thinking along the right line
Thank god ive just studied immuno this could be good usle question though and i dont think first aid mentions about different t cell types. I think i should annotate this to fa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 02-20-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 70
Threads: 5
Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barıs Olten View Post
Thank god ive just studied immuno this could be good usle question though and i dont think first aid mentions about different t cell types. I think i should annotate this to fa
i m doing offline NBME12.i got 32-35questions correct/each section.i know my weak areas.aftr working up with them then i wil go for online NBME. my target scores is 250+.plz suggest me hw many questions i have 2 improve 2 get my specific scores? thank u in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 02-21-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 214
Threads: 12
Thanked 107 Times in 68 Posts
Reputation: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drneelema View Post
i m doing offline NBME12.i got 32-35questions correct/each section.i know my weak areas.aftr working up with them then i wil go for online NBME. my target scores is 250+.plz suggest me hw many questions i have 2 improve 2 get my specific scores? thank u in advance
Depends on how hard your exam is and how test takers did in same blocks. But for 250+ i think you shouldnt be below 40 in each blocks. But as i said it depends. If you have for example relatively easy exam you should get around 42-43 to get 250
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please explain this to me. hockey USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 4 07-23-2013 08:50 AM
explain each and every option K06100 USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 5 09-26-2012 07:34 AM
Can some explain this question! callmerocky2 USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 07-21-2012 05:33 AM
Can anybody please explain this? warfarin90 USMLE Step 1 Forum 4 02-24-2012 08:07 AM
can someone explain pls? nativedoc USMLE Step 1 Forum 0 08-16-2011 02:45 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)