How to improve my score and make it higher than 235 - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-17-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 18
Threads: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default How to improve my score and make it higher than 235

Greetings,
I would like you to advice me how to improve my score in USMLE? I took NBME 7, 11, and 13 and the score range between 207 and 215. My weakest part is the part concern in general principles of health and diseases ( I got between 19 - 26 wrong question in this part ) my question is there any book that I can read to improve my knowledge in the above mentioned section? The second question is how to improve my pathology knowledge ( I used only FA and USMLE World Q bank ) Is there any other source that you would recommend to read?
Thanks in advance for any reply
Please I need to get 235 and more and my exam is in one and a half month
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 03-18-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 112
Threads: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Pathoma may be a good idea for you. I am reading it now and I see my pathology score improving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Omar Al Janabi (03-18-2014)
  #3  
Old 03-18-2014
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,867
Threads: 149
Thanked 2,088 Times in 1,047 Posts
Reputation: 2108
Default

USMLERx with FA
Pathoma+Goljan Audio
__________________
A man doesn't know what he knows until he knows what he doesn't know.
“What is man? He's just a collection of chemicals with delusions of grandeur.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Omar Al Janabi (03-18-2014)
  #4  
Old 03-18-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 18
Threads: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Thank you for your kind response friends
Regarding USMLE Rx : Does it help ? And how can I get Goljan audio ?
Pathoma ( you mean to register for the online lecture of Dr. Sattar?
Does it help if I practice more Q banks like Kaplan for example?
Thanks in advance my friends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 03-19-2014
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,867
Threads: 149
Thanked 2,088 Times in 1,047 Posts
Reputation: 2108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Al Janabi View Post
Thank you for your kind response friends
Regarding USMLE Rx : Does it help ? And how can I get Goljan audio ?
Pathoma ( you mean to register for the online lecture of Dr. Sattar?
Does it help if I practice more Q banks like Kaplan for example?
Thanks in advance my friends
IMHO USMLRx is a must to do with FA as well as Pathoma.
In fact, no one should go for the test unless they have done UW, USMLERx with FA and Pathoma with Goljan audio.
Google for Goljan audio.
The more QBanks you do, the better but do USMLERx first and if you have time then do Kaplan QBank.
__________________
A man doesn't know what he knows until he knows what he doesn't know.
“What is man? He's just a collection of chemicals with delusions of grandeur.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Omar Al Janabi (03-19-2014), usmled10 (10-16-2014)
  #6  
Old 03-19-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 18
Threads: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novobiocin View Post
IMHO USMLRx is a must to do with FA as well as Pathoma.
In fact, no one should go for the test unless they have done UW, USMLERx with FA and Pathoma with Goljan audio.
Google for Goljan audio.
The more QBanks you do, the better but do USMLERx first and if you have time then do Kaplan QBank.
Thank you for your great clarification
You help me by giving me a detailed answer of my question
Regards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 03-19-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 44
Threads: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 23
Default

goljan pathology is phenomenal book! helps a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Omar Al Janabi (03-22-2014)
  #8  
Old 03-20-2014
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,109
Threads: 31
Thanked 520 Times in 394 Posts
Reputation: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Al Janabi View Post
Greetings,
I would like you to advice me how to improve my score in USMLE? I took NBME 7, 11, and 13 and the score range between 207 and 215. My weakest part is the part concern in general principles of health and diseases ( I got between 19 - 26 wrong question in this part ) my question is there any book that I can read to improve my knowledge in the above mentioned section? The second question is how to improve my pathology knowledge ( I used only FA and USMLE World Q bank ) Is there any other source that you would recommend to read?
Thanks in advance for any reply
Please I need to get 235 and more and my exam is in one and a half month
concerning general principles of health and diseases.
No specific book will handle only that.
The trick here is look at those questions they have taged with that name and u would see where to fine better understanding.
__________________
In USMLE, “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Novobiocin (04-19-2014), Omar Al Janabi (03-22-2014)



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NBME how to score higher? prep891 USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 02-13-2014 08:51 AM
selling a DVD on How to get the higher score on USMLE PART1 allan1 For Sale & Wanted Items 0 08-03-2013 02:21 PM
Score 235. IM. possible? Juanthebaptist USMLE Step 1 Forum 4 05-28-2013 10:06 AM
Is the passing score still 188/75 or is it higher? doc_step1 USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 10-27-2011 06:16 AM
Should I work more to get higher score or should I hurry up for the 2012 Match? lepidoptera USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 2 03-31-2011 09:59 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)