so nervous about my performance in the exam - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-11-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default so nervous about my performance in the exam

Hi guys
I took step 1 3 days ago and I can't stop thinking i just screwed it up
been studying to the exam 3 months : 2 months while working as an intern, last month full time (internship was over)...
Used UW bank- 1st timed tutor (all bank), then timed+incorrect/marked... at the end 78% for that bank.
UW SA1 2 weeks before the exam- 245 (72%)
UW SA2 1 week before the exam- 247 (73%)

on the exam i got sooo tired.... now all i can remember is the stupid (TONS!) of mistakes that i made though i DID knew the answers!
and I feel stupid that i gave some questions up cause i got troubled with the time in some blocks. Also feel too much questions were "weird", maybe ive been studying wrong??... ohhhhhhh i feel all the work i made will end up with an embarrassing score. i really hoped to get 240+-
Did someone feel like this after the exam?

thanks guys.
BTW if i took the exam on wednesday, im gonna wait 21 or 28 days for my score?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
leydis (04-12-2014)



  #2  
Old 04-11-2014
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 338
Threads: 54
Thanked 139 Times in 92 Posts
Reputation: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5dd100c View Post
Hi guys
I took step 1 3 days ago and I can't stop thinking i just screwed it up
been studying to the exam 3 months : 2 months while working as an intern, last month full time (internship was over)...
Used UW bank- 1st timed tutor (all bank), then timed+incorrect/marked... at the end 78% for that bank.
UW SA1 2 weeks before the exam- 245 (72%)
UW SA2 1 week before the exam- 247 (73%)

on the exam i got sooo tired.... now all i can remember is the stupid (TONS!) of mistakes that i made though i DID knew the answers!
and I feel stupid that i gave some questions up cause i got troubled with the time in some blocks. Also feel too much questions were "weird", maybe ive been studying wrong??... ohhhhhhh i feel all the work i made will end up with an embarrassing score. i really hoped to get 240+-
Did someone feel like this after the exam?

thanks guys.
BTW if i took the exam on wednesday, im gonna wait 21 or 28 days for my score?
I think most people feel like that after the exam. There's nothing you can do now... So don't worry about it. Do you mind Telling us how difficult it was in comparison to uworld? And did The sources you use were enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
5dd100c (04-12-2014)
  #3  
Old 04-12-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 24
Threads: 1
Thanked 35 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5dd100c View Post
Hi guys
I took step 1 3 days ago and I can't stop thinking i just screwed it up
been studying to the exam 3 months : 2 months while working as an intern, last month full time (internship was over)...
Used UW bank- 1st timed tutor (all bank), then timed+incorrect/marked... at the end 78% for that bank.
UW SA1 2 weeks before the exam- 245 (72%)
UW SA2 1 week before the exam- 247 (73%)

on the exam i got sooo tired.... now all i can remember is the stupid (TONS!) of mistakes that i made though i DID knew the answers!
and I feel stupid that i gave some questions up cause i got troubled with the time in some blocks. Also feel too much questions were "weird", maybe ive been studying wrong??... ohhhhhhh i feel all the work i made will end up with an embarrassing score. i really hoped to get 240+-
Did someone feel like this after the exam?

thanks guys.
BTW if i took the exam on wednesday, im gonna wait 21 or 28 days for my score?
You'll get your results in 21 days. And yes, everybody makes mistakes that haunt them while waiting for your score. Just try to stop thinking about the exam, although that can be hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
5dd100c (04-12-2014)
 
  #4  
Old 04-12-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curacao View Post
I think most people feel like that after the exam. There's nothing you can do now... So don't worry about it. Do you mind Telling us how difficult it was in comparison to uworld? And did The sources you use were enough?
tnx curacao. i'm still frustrated with my stupid mistakes and overall attitude during the exam i'll try to let it go..

well i think UW bank is quite similar to the real exam with regard to the main theme and difficulty. i can still point some differences i noticed and may be helpful to know while studying:
1. i think UW assumes u know the "real basics". In the real exam you surprisingly find yourself asked really "easy" questions (very few) and spend time thinking "is that what they mean?? maybe they try to fool me...??" (otherwise you'll think "wow that is so embarrassing i dont know that..")
2. i was studyind most of the bank in "tutor" mode. it makes the exam really different because you need to proceed block after block without knowing how you were performing till now... i know im telling you nothing new, but im trying to say that in reterospect i should maybe take more "timed" blocks
3. i kinda think that the questions in the exam are longer. while studying, even in the final stage when i was taking full blocks and the SAs i didnt find any time limitation, which i did find in most of the blocks in the exam (especilay at the later blocks when you're much tired and less concentrated..)

regarding the sources, i usued UW only. i thought i better stick to one source and try to know it to details. well... UW is a HUGE bank. the answers are detailed and i wish i could know all what is written there. i guess if someone does know it to details it guarantees a really high score...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
dr rookie (04-13-2014), faith255 (04-13-2014)
  #5  
Old 04-12-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
You'll get your results in 21 days. And yes, everybody makes mistakes that haunt them while waiting for your score. Just try to stop thinking about the exam, although that can be hard.
TNX frank lee. so i have another 18 days to go.... keep ur fingers crossed for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-12-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 130
Threads: 15
Thanked 29 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5dd100c View Post
TNX frank lee. so i have another 18 days to go.... keep ur fingers crossed for me
what are your nbme scores and what are you doing nowadays i have mine in a month?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 04-12-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 63
Threads: 3
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5dd100c View Post
Hi guys
I took step 1 3 days ago and I can't stop thinking i just screwed it up
been studying to the exam 3 months : 2 months while working as an intern, last month full time (internship was over)...
Used UW bank- 1st timed tutor (all bank), then timed+incorrect/marked... at the end 78% for that bank.
UW SA1 2 weeks before the exam- 245 (72%)
UW SA2 1 week before the exam- 247 (73%)

on the exam i got sooo tired.... now all i can remember is the stupid (TONS!) of mistakes that i made though i DID knew the answers!
and I feel stupid that i gave some questions up cause i got troubled with the time in some blocks. Also feel too much questions were "weird", maybe ive been studying wrong??... ohhhhhhh i feel all the work i made will end up with an embarrassing score. i really hoped to get 240+-
Did someone feel like this after the exam?

thanks guys.
BTW if i took the exam on wednesday, im gonna wait 21 or 28 days for my score?
Hello.
Congratulations, because you have passed an exam. your feeling is normal after the exams. some friends who have had the experience say the same. I wish you the score you expect. good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 04-13-2014
faith255's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 521
Threads: 41
Thanked 74 Times in 63 Posts
Reputation: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5dd100c View Post
tnx curacao. i'm still frustrated with my stupid mistakes and overall attitude during the exam i'll try to let it go..

well i think UW bank is quite similar to the real exam with regard to the main theme and difficulty. i can still point some differences i noticed and may be helpful to know while studying:
1. i think UW assumes u know the "real basics". In the real exam you surprisingly find yourself asked really "easy" questions (very few) and spend time thinking "is that what they mean?? maybe they try to fool me...??" (otherwise you'll think "wow that is so embarrassing i dont know that..")
2. i was studyind most of the bank in "tutor" mode. it makes the exam really different because you need to proceed block after block without knowing how you were performing till now... i know im telling you nothing new, but im trying to say that in reterospect i should maybe take more "timed" blocks
3. i kinda think that the questions in the exam are longer. while studying, even in the final stage when i was taking full blocks and the SAs i didnt find any time limitation, which i did find in most of the blocks in the exam (especilay at the later blocks when you're much tired and less concentrated..)

regarding the sources, i usued UW only. i thought i better stick to one source and try to know it to details. well... UW is a HUGE bank. the answers are detailed and i wish i could know all what is written there. i guess if someone does know it to details it guarantees a really high score...
hey GL with ur result..u will get a good one (:
can u plz tell that was the exam close to UWSA 1? i took UWSA 1 & found it harder than nbmes.. :/ wht is ur say on it?

& also plz elaborate wht did u do in the last wk? did u do UW or just focused on FA?
my exam is in apr end IA doing FA now with UW notes but not doing UW blocks.. do u think i shd continue doing them?
thanks & GL again..
__________________
Never let your fear be stronger than your Faith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 04-15-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith255 View Post
hey GL with ur result..u will get a good one (:
can u plz tell that was the exam close to UWSA 1? i took UWSA 1 & found it harder than nbmes.. :/ wht is ur say on it?

& also plz elaborate wht did u do in the last wk? did u do UW or just focused on FA?
my exam is in apr end IA doing FA now with UW notes but not doing UW blocks.. do u think i shd continue doing them?
thanks & GL again..
Tnx again guys. managed to let it fade a bit... hoping for a good score 15 days left.
about ur questions:
i took no NBMEs.
between the two SAs and between SA2 and the exam i tried to read my never ending notes that i wrote to myself while solving UW bank.
again, sticked to the info in UW and much less to the (undoubtly genious) FA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
started uw late nd very nervous ashok1 USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 09-10-2013 03:07 AM
feeling nervous~~~ exam in 47 days! drdhruv USMLE Step 1 Forum 11 06-28-2013 09:54 PM
Getting nervous! tima IMG Residency Match Forum 2 10-18-2012 11:00 PM
Guys ,, I'm really getting nervous dr-ahmed USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 4 09-28-2011 10:44 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)