april 23rd step1 results - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-21-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 14
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default april 23rd step1 results

hi, those who r waiting for their step1 results on april 23rd pl gather here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
5hstar2 (04-24-2014)



  #2  
Old 04-22-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 14
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default ?????

noone else ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 04-22-2014
usmle1's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 71
Threads: 2
Thanked 33 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

Me waiting too !!

Last edited by usmle1; 04-22-2014 at 05:19 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 04-22-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 14
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default hi

hi, when did u take ur exam? i took it on march 31st...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
5hstar2 (04-24-2014)
  #5  
Old 04-23-2014
usmle1's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 71
Threads: 2
Thanked 33 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

i took it on april 2nd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-23-2014
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

I took mine on March 31st also. I've been refreshing my email. so nervous!

UPDATE: 1 minute later... it's here!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 04-23-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 14
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default ya..

ya..me too..same here..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 04-23-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 63
Threads: 3
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

Good luck guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 04-23-2014
usmle1's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 71
Threads: 2
Thanked 33 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

passed thank god ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
5hstar2 (04-24-2014)
  #10  
Old 04-23-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 130
Threads: 15
Thanked 29 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 39
Default

people kindly post your nbme scores and the time you took them and your real score and was it like uworld?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 04-23-2014
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor drake View Post
people kindly post your nbme scores and the time you took them and your real score and was it like uworld?
1/31: NBME 13 - 470 (214 - old scale)
2/14: NBME 11 - 480 (217 - old scale)
3/12: NBME 12 - 530 (234)
3/17: NBME 16 - 530 (234)
3/22: Free 150 - 88.5%
3/26: NBME 15 - 550 (237)
3/31: Step 1 - 232

Kaplan Q bank - 59%, finished 3 weeks before
UWorld - 69%, finished 4 days before

Honestly, I thought UWorld was a little easier because the stems are so long they contain a lot of clues. Some of the stems on the step were just a couple of lines, so were harder to figure out. Also, I never ran out of time with UWorld, but on the step I found myself pressed for time on every block.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
5hstar2 (04-24-2014), dr_kg (04-23-2014), hope2015 (04-23-2014)
  #12  
Old 04-23-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 148
Threads: 37
Thanked 73 Times in 57 Posts
Reputation: 83
Default @alexis christina

could u elaborate about ur prep..how many times do we have to do FA..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 04-23-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 130
Threads: 15
Thanked 29 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexis.christina View Post
1/31: NBME 13 - 470 (214 - old scale)
2/14: NBME 11 - 480 (217 - old scale)
3/12: NBME 12 - 530 (234)
3/17: NBME 16 - 530 (234)
3/22: Free 150 - 88.5%
3/26: NBME 15 - 550 (237)
3/31: Step 1 - 232

Kaplan Q bank - 59%, finished 3 weeks before
UWorld - 69%, finished 4 days before

Honestly, I thought UWorld was a little easier because the stems are so long they contain a lot of clues. Some of the stems on the step were just a couple of lines, so were harder to figure out. Also, I never ran out of time with UWorld, but on the step I found myself pressed for time on every block.

Good luck!
were all of these online? if no what formula did you use for the offline ones and which subject you thought was deficient in fa?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 04-23-2014
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 592
Threads: 92
Thanked 196 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 206
Send a message via Skype™ to drpisho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexis.christina View Post
1/31: NBME 13 - 470 (214 - old scale)
2/14: NBME 11 - 480 (217 - old scale)
3/12: NBME 12 - 530 (234)
3/17: NBME 16 - 530 (234)
3/22: Free 150 - 88.5%
3/26: NBME 15 - 550 (237)
3/31: Step 1 - 232

Kaplan Q bank - 59%, finished 3 weeks before
UWorld - 69%, finished 4 days before

Honestly, I thought UWorld was a little easier because the stems are so long they contain a lot of clues. Some of the stems on the step were just a couple of lines, so were harder to figure out. Also, I never ran out of time with UWorld, but on the step I found myself pressed for time on every block.

Good luck!
CONGRATS on the great score what a relief hahahah

one question, how many times did u do FA? what was your approach on last 4 weeks. thanks and all the best for step2
__________________
Will. Power. Faith. MATCHED IM 2016!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
alexis.christina (04-23-2014)
  #15  
Old 04-23-2014
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor drake View Post
were all of these online? if no what formula did you use for the offline ones and which subject you thought was deficient in fa?
Those were all online. I did NBME 7 on 3/7 and got 82.5%, and NBME 12 on 3/12 and got 88.5%.

In all honesty, I don't think I'm then typical student since I didn't read FA once. I took notes in it and referenced it when I was unsure, but I focused more on flashcards I made throughout my prep (HY facts, wrong questions, etc). If I had more time I would have wanted to read it through at least twice, but as usual I was scrambling for time towards the end.

I did the Kaplan Live Online course from Sept - Dec 2013. After the course I transferred my notes from Kaplan to FA, made flashcards, and did questions. I used Picmonic for a lot of the biochem stuff (ezyme deficiencies, vitamins, etc), since that is my weakest point. I listened to Goljan in the car and at the gym during the last couple of months. The last few weeks I usually did 3 blocks of questions a day, reviewed wrong answers, reviewed old flashcards I had trouble with, then read if I had time.

I also kept a list of things with general topics that I knew were important but seemed to always forget, and in the last week I went through each item on the list in detail so it was fresh in my mind.

Good luck to everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
erimauza (04-20-2015), faith255 (04-23-2014), hope2015 (04-23-2014), neelima208 (04-24-2014), pranavmerchant (04-24-2014)



  #16  
Old 04-23-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 148
Threads: 37
Thanked 73 Times in 57 Posts
Reputation: 83
Default @alexis christina

thanks for the reply...good luck for CK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 04-23-2014
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 338
Threads: 54
Thanked 139 Times in 92 Posts
Reputation: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexis.christina View Post
Those were all online. I did NBME 7 on 3/7 and got 82.5%, and NBME 12 on 3/12 and got 88.5%.

In all honesty, I don't think I'm then typical student since I didn't read FA once. I took notes in it and referenced it when I was unsure, but I focused more on flashcards I made throughout my prep (HY facts, wrong questions, etc). If I had more time I would have wanted to read it through at least twice, but as usual I was scrambling for time towards the end.

I did the Kaplan Live Online course from Sept - Dec 2013. After the course I transferred my notes from Kaplan to FA, made flashcards, and did questions. I used Picmonic for a lot of the biochem stuff (ezyme deficiencies, vitamins, etc), since that is my weakest point. I listened to Goljan in the car and at the gym during the last couple of months. The last few weeks I usually did 3 blocks of questions a day, reviewed wrong answers, reviewed old flashcards I had trouble with, then read if I had time.

I also kept a list of things with general topics that I knew were important but seemed to always forget, and in the last week I went through each item on the list in detail so it was fresh in my mind.

Good luck to everyone!
Hey i am curious, how can 88,5% of Correct answers give you a 234 in NBME12... I Would expect that to be more of a 240+. I did Nbme11 and got a bit of a better percentage but a lot higher 3 digit score. Just curious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 04-23-2014
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 5
Threads: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curacao View Post
Hey i am curious, how can 88,5% of Correct answers give you a 234 in NBME12... I Would expect that to be more of a 240+. I did Nbme11 and got a bit of a better percentage but a lot higher 3 digit score. Just curious
Not really sure how the scoring works for those things. It seems, though, that once you get past, say the 230s each precent is worth more on the three digit score. That's just my guess though. nice job btw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 04-24-2014
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default got my step 1 result

i just got my step 1 result yesterday.. 249
uworld is a must do q bank and first aid is the best summary u need to read before exam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
pranavmerchant (04-24-2014), ye-mi-bi-ki-di (04-24-2014)
  #20  
Old 04-24-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 130
Threads: 15
Thanked 29 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by betelhem View Post
i just got my step 1 result yesterday.. 249
uworld is a must do q bank and first aid is the best summary u need to read before exam.
which subjects you thought were a bit deficient in fa? and what were your nbme scores which are most predictive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 04-24-2014
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

i have done nbme 1-7 and the 150 nbme questions (offline). i have never tried to predict my usmle score based on these questions. to be honest i dont even know how to do that. i believe doing lots of questions help tho.
i have done uworld, erx q bank, first aid q book, kaplan q book. i marked all the questions i got wrong and repeated them. first aid + u world pretty much covers every thing. i had difficulties answering behavioral science specially ethics questions.. its better to do as many as possible ethics questions. they are a bit difficult to answer for IMGs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
pranavmerchant (04-24-2014), ye-mi-bi-ki-di (04-24-2014)
  #22  
Old 04-24-2014
pranavmerchant's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 350
Threads: 5
Thanked 237 Times in 123 Posts
Reputation: 247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by betelhem View Post
i have done nbme 1-7 and the 150 nbme questions (offline). i have never tried to predict my usmle score based on these questions. to be honest i dont even know how to do that. i believe doing lots of questions help tho.
i have done uworld, erx q bank, first aid q book, kaplan q book. i marked all the questions i got wrong and repeated them. first aid + u world pretty much covers every thing. i had difficulties answering behavioral science specially ethics questions.. its better to do as many as possible ethics questions. they are a bit difficult to answer for IMGs
thanks betelhem!
how was anatomy on your exam?
especially the gross anat part?

congratulations on ur score :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 04-24-2014
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 592
Threads: 92
Thanked 196 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 206
Send a message via Skype™ to drpisho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by betelhem View Post
i have done nbme 1-7 and the 150 nbme questions (offline). i have never tried to predict my usmle score based on these questions. to be honest i dont even know how to do that. i believe doing lots of questions help tho.
i have done uworld, erx q bank, first aid q book, kaplan q book. i marked all the questions i got wrong and repeated them. first aid + u world pretty much covers every thing. i had difficulties answering behavioral science specially ethics questions.. its better to do as many as possible ethics questions. they are a bit difficult to answer for IMGs
youre right, i seem to be doing bad on ethics, and im a good morals person hahaha i guess for step1 that doesnt mean anything.

kindly please share how did you prepare for ethics questions?? thanks again for your help
__________________
Will. Power. Faith. MATCHED IM 2016!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 04-24-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 22
Threads: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexis.christina View Post
1/31: NBME 13 - 470 (214 - old scale)
2/14: NBME 11 - 480 (217 - old scale)
3/12: NBME 12 - 530 (234)
3/17: NBME 16 - 530 (234)
3/22: Free 150 - 88.5%
3/26: NBME 15 - 550 (237)
3/31: Step 1 - 232

Kaplan Q bank - 59%, finished 3 weeks before
UWorld - 69%, finished 4 days before

Honestly, I thought UWorld was a little easier because the stems are so long they contain a lot of clues. Some of the stems on the step were just a couple of lines, so were harder to figure out. Also, I never ran out of time with UWorld, but on the step I found myself pressed for time on every block.

Good luck!
CAN you tell how you studied and what sources you used? also how long did you take?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25  
Old 04-24-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 10
Threads: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

congrats betty!! You got an amazing score. How did you prepare for patho? pls tell us your experience specifically on pathology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
betelhem (04-25-2014)






Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
April 23rd, Step 2 CS Results isko USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 140 04-25-2014 05:05 AM
October 23rd, 2013; Step 2 CK Exam Results Thread mlebuddy USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 21 10-23-2013 12:21 PM
Am I ready? Exam on 23rd April! ameerakhan USMLE Step 1 Forum 21 05-23-2013 06:41 PM
Exam on 23rd April - 5 weeks to go! ameerakhan USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 03-18-2013 08:38 AM
May 23rd, 2012; Step 1 Exam Results Thread dull_leafage USMLE Step 1 Forum 14 05-23-2012 09:35 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)