serious advice needed...fresking out - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum

USMLE Step 1 Forum USMLE Step 1 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 1 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-28-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Unhappy serious advice needed...fresking out

hello guys...I really need advice for my prepration
I finished Kaplan lecture notes and videos I did them thoroughly
did pathoma
and after first read of first aid 2014 I started usmlerx
I did bout 10 blocks random timed and my cumultative score is 47%
m freaking out what I need to do now?? want to give test in september last week...I m getting conseptual questions rite most of the times unless its a new thing I need to learn
weakness I figured out...1)recall problem 2)silly mistakes 3) if you ask me what a particular syndrome does I can tell you but often I fail to relate it in a vigenette
please tell me friends what I need to do
let me know where m lacking and what additional weaknesses m having...
please friends m already late m graduate of 2013 and don't want to mess it up more,,,help me out friends..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 06-28-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

please anybody..????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 06-28-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

this forum is to help guys...just views no replies...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 06-28-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 61
Threads: 15
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 19
Default

Hi
Im also a graduate 2013 and planning in September , I too read the same material and started with rx subject wise and it seemed like iknew but couldn't answer correctly the questions so I started reading every subject and answering related and it was so much better. I think it's better if we use qbank as a learning tool and nbme or uswa as assessment .im now switching to uworld because it's better to start this one early and use as a learning tool and thinking of doing rx after I'm done consolidating . This is the way I'm going to do but I know ididnt answer ur question. Ijust think my post may give u some idea if not I'm sorry. We can be study partners if you like!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 06-28-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopa.loveurlife View Post
Hi
Im also a graduate 2013 and planning in September , I too read the same material and started with rx subject wise and it seemed like iknew but couldn't answer correctly the questions so I started reading every subject and answering related and it was so much better. I think it's better if we use qbank as a learning tool and nbme or uswa as assessment .im now switching to uworld because it's better to start this one early and use as a learning tool and thinking of doing rx after I'm done consolidating . This is the way I'm going to do but I know ididnt answer ur question. Ijust think my post may give u some idea if not I'm sorry. We can be study partners if you like!
yup why not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 06-29-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 157
Threads: 11
Thanked 33 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

U need to seriously step up ur prep......47 percent in rx is not even passing......I am sorry but being brutally honest with you for ur own good
I did rx in November 13 and was getting about 70 80 ...I gave my step,in feb n then I passed the xam

Here is what I need to do .....
Re read fa thoroughly with rx subject wise.....rx is for learning fa ....don't use it random ...u have u world for that
Do that and then see what ur results r
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
mucor1 (06-29-2014)
  #7  
Old 06-29-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu,p View Post
U need to seriously step up ur prep......47 percent in rx is not even passing......I am sorry but being brutally honest with you for ur own good
I did rx in November 13 and was getting about 70 80 ...I gave my step,in feb n then I passed the xam

Here is what I need to do .....
Re read fa thoroughly with rx subject wise.....rx is for learning fa ....don't use it random ...u have u world for that
Do that and then see what ur results r
ok I was thinking of doing it subjectwise...and can you tell me
1.what is the best way to retain first aid in ur head
2.shoul I ignore my scores on rx and jump to uworld..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 06-29-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 157
Threads: 11
Thanked 33 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

Well, if u still haven't got fa in ur head , do that first l u can do u world in one month .when is ur xam in September.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 06-29-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu,p View Post
Well, if u still haven't got fa in ur head , do that first l u can do u world in one month .when is ur xam in September.?
my exam is on 28 sept and m going through 2nd read of first aid....where I am lacking mainly??? cz whatever I learnt from kaplan I know it...why sometimes I fail to relate what is been asked...I appreciate u are giving me ur valuable time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 06-30-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 107
Threads: 12
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucor1 View Post
my exam is on 28 sept and m going through 2nd read of first aid....where I am lacking mainly??? cz whatever I learnt from kaplan I know it...why sometimes I fail to relate what is been asked...I appreciate u are giving me ur valuable time
Try to take NBME form to figure out where u're standing. Focus on UW explanations, they're amazing and very VERY solid and give only what u're really need to know. I had a lot of UW-like questions on my exam. UW+FA (after Kaplan bombing) should be enough to be ready. But still u need to prepare yourself psychologically that u'll encounter 10-20% WTF questions since they've changed their question pool...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
mucor1 (06-30-2014)
  #11  
Old 06-30-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 214
Threads: 12
Thanked 107 Times in 68 Posts
Reputation: 117
Default

cancel your rx subscribtion and read kaplan books 1 more time. If you score %47 in rx you probably have weak background. Rx will not help you in this case. Dont waste your time with rx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
mucor1 (06-30-2014)
  #12  
Old 06-30-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Roman View Post
Try to take NBME form to figure out where u're standing. Focus on UW explanations, they're amazing and very VERY solid and give only what u're really need to know. I had a lot of UW-like questions on my exam. UW+FA (after Kaplan bombing) should be enough to be ready. But still u need to prepare yourself psychologically that u'll encounter 10-20% WTF questions since they've changed their question pool...
thanku dear...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 06-30-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barıs Olten View Post
cancel your rx subscribtion and read kaplan books 1 more time. If you score %47 in rx you probably have weak background. Rx will not help you in this case. Dont waste your time with rx
baris how much time will it could take to do all over again since my exam is in sept last week...how how could I best use Kaplan again wasting least time and last this is do I need to do questions or for now try to cover up what m lacking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 07-01-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 157
Threads: 11
Thanked 33 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

Kaplan IMHO is not needed as u r getting ur conceptual question right . You need to remeber stuff from FA.
__________________
Match 2015
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 07-01-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu,p View Post
Kaplan IMHO is not needed as u r getting ur conceptual question right . You need to remeber stuff from FA.
now m really confused how to take this on..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 07-01-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 214
Threads: 12
Thanked 107 Times in 68 Posts
Reputation: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucor1 View Post
baris how much time will it could take to do all over again since my exam is in sept last week...how how could I best use Kaplan again wasting least time and last this is do I need to do questions or for now try to cover up what m lacking
Read bolded lines graphs pictures sideline infos etc. Do not read all book again. Fa is a good source but if you didnt understand the concepts it would not help. Most of recent exam takers told us that 30% -40% questions can be answered from FA solely. So reading Fa 100 times will not make you slay this dragon. Just so you know I havent read FA yet but my uworld cumulative is 78% first time timed random mode. I just relied on pathoma some goljan and kaplan. Use Fa after you learn every concept. 47 in rx definitely tells that you are weak in some concepts. By the way don t take any qbank score so seriously. They are not created for mere assesment. use it as a learning tool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advice needed docshara USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 2 05-01-2014 09:13 AM
advice needed Maurovec USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 1 05-23-2013 12:51 PM
Advice needed !! Please starbucks2009 USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 4 05-07-2013 11:07 AM
Help Advice Needed! ayash USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 04-05-2010 09:58 PM
CK Advice Needed ac1994 USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 5 03-01-2010 07:37 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)