Looking for Step 1 Partner in Bangalore; Exam: November December 2013 - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 1 Forum > USMLE Step 1 Study Partners

USMLE Step 1 Study Partners USMLE Step 1 Study Partners, post your message to find study partners in your local community and world wide


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-16-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 14
Threads: 10
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
India Looking for Step 1 Partner in Bangalore; Exam: November December 2013

Location
BANGALORE
Exam date
NOV-DEC2013
Gender Preference
Female
Ethnicity / Nationality
ANY
Type of study
Will later decide together
How to Contact
Please PM me
Comments
hi i am a beginner looking for a study partner in blr preferably .. gonna start studyin from may 2013 onwards ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Ivans.mark (03-18-2013), yasminhersi1@yah (05-30-2013)



  #2  
Old 05-13-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 28
Threads: 5
Thanked 23 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default Study partner

Hi...I have started studying just a day back n M also looking for a female study partner in bangalore..if u haven't found one yet..do let me know n if compatible v can get it going together
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 05-14-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 7
Threads: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default Sp for beginner

hi sndhrdd4

im not in banglore im from usa, but im also a beginner and if ur still looking for a sp please email me at cakey3003@yahoo.com
im alsos planning to give my exams in nov/dec
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 05-14-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 4
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default female sp

i am also beginner.. skype id: kanwalhanif
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 05-15-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 9
Threads: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default Re: Study partner

hello
I am in bangalore ,female and looking for a step 1 study partner .if interested in discussing please do reply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 05-15-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 5
Threads: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default hii

m currently studyin fr usmle since april.. step1 in nov...interested ppl pls reply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 05-16-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 28
Threads: 5
Thanked 23 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammu000 View Post
hello
I am in bangalore ,female and looking for a step 1 study partner .if interested in discussing please do reply
Hello..if u havent found any study partner..m still interested..so how n when do v discuss the plan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 05-26-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 13
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default Bangalore , male, serious study intent

I have access to a medical library facility in BANGALORE. It would be very useful for "us both" to discuss study material for about 2 hours daily [can even split it to an hour in the morning & an hour at night/evening]. I just started with Q bank questions from today. KAPLAN theory is "fast evaporating" & hence I need someone to revise it with, along with discussion of some concepts & tricky/ tough questions- any medium is ok- [ONLINE or IN-PERSON] as long as goals & targets are achieved in time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 05-27-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 28
Threads: 5
Thanked 23 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by games View Post
I have access to a medical library facility in BANGALORE. It would be very useful for "us both" to discuss study material for about 2 hours daily [can even split it to an hour in the morning & an hour at night/evening]. I just started with Q bank questions from today. KAPLAN theory is "fast evaporating" & hence I need someone to revise it with, along with discussion of some concepts & tricky/ tough questions- any medium is ok- [ONLINE or IN-PERSON] as long as goals & targets are achieved in time.
Hi...which is the library u are talking abt n where is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 05-27-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 9
Threads: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 1 Post
Reputation: 17
Default Hi all

Hi I'm taking Step 1 around Feb 2015. I'm at the beginnig of my 3rd prof year MBBS. As my aim is to get 270+ , I'm under some solid preparation doing Dr Najeeb , Kaplan videos plus Kaplan texts and FA and Lange review books, not proceeding for qbank though as I'm gonna begin Uworld 1 year before my exam. Some people have already done skype prep with me and got around 245. This is the condition of me. If anybody thinkks to fit in the criteria to to do revision with me or if you feel sharing mutual knowledge with me would benefit you for your step 1, reply me back with your study progress and the way u like to do revision like via skype or fb or any other means. Also topics you would like to focus upon.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 05-30-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default step 1 prep in bangalore

hi
I m planning to give my step 1 in nov/dec 2013 too..wud be happy to be progressing as a group rather than studying alone..sharing data n concepts.
BTW can u plz help me in finding the place or area where people are preparing for mle..
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 05-30-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 13
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Unhappy Hey sndhrdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndhrdd4 View Post
Hi...which is the library u are talking abt n where is it?
I'm working at MSR hospital & so use the lib there... How about you ? Interested to study for the step 1 ? I just have 3 months now... need to speed up...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 06-28-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Correct Answer looking for a study partner for usmle step 1. beginner. intrested skype me at hari8570.

hi im alooking for a study partner to begin prep for step 1. im a slow reader. any body whos intrested skype me at hari8570. i am located at whitefiled, banglore. no gender preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 06-28-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 28
Threads: 5
Thanked 23 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep4887 View Post
hi
I m planning to give my step 1 in nov/dec 2013 too..wud be happy to be progressing as a group rather than studying alone..sharing data n concepts.
BTW can u plz help me in finding the place or area where people are preparing for mle..
thanks
u can find them at ima library or Bangalore medical college library
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 06-29-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default nobody here

Hi...I m already preparing here at IMA library from a month now...but nobody preparing for mle ever showed up...I wonder where these bangalore people are preparing at all for usmle...!!!!
Would be nice to have someone instead of a lonely loner...atleast the momentum n dedication would pick up..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 07-01-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 13
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default MSR library

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep4887 View Post
Hi...I m already preparing here at IMA library from a month now...but nobody preparing for mle ever showed up...I wonder where these bangalore people are preparing at all for usmle...!!!!
Would be nice to have someone instead of a lonely loner...atleast the momentum n dedication would pick up..
Try M.S.R library where I'm preparing... I'm allowed here cause I'm a faculty [J.R] in the medicine dept.... Try your luck here... They " MAY " allow non faculty if you requested the director.... GOOD LUCK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 07-01-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 28
Threads: 5
Thanked 23 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep4887 View Post
Hi...I m already preparing here at IMA library from a month now...but nobody preparing for mle ever showed up...I wonder where these bangalore people are preparing at all for usmle...!!!!
Would be nice to have someone instead of a lonely loner...atleast the momentum n dedication would pick up..
u can try nimhans too I've seen two people preparing...though only one comes often
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 07-01-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 13
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default Nimhans ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndhrdd4 View Post
u can try nimhans too I've seen two people preparing...though only one comes often
Hey, Are outside doctors allowed to use NIMHANS library or, Is it restricted ??
Reply awaited.... Frankly, I was looking forward to some serious company... The MLE enthusiasts in M.S.R lib are the ones giving step 2 & 3 OR, are those who are still deciding things... I'm feeling left-out in that sense....
THANKS in advance for the info....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 07-01-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 28
Threads: 5
Thanked 23 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by games View Post
Hey, Are outside doctors allowed to use NIMHANS library or, Is it restricted ??
Reply awaited.... Frankly, I was looking forward to some serious company... The MLE enthusiasts in M.S.R lib are the ones giving step 2 & 3 OR, are those who are still deciding things... I'm feeling left-out in that sense....
THANKS in advance for the info....
we took permission but there are people who come without permission too...infact dey didn't knw dat such thing is necessary...we asked n took permission for two months while the guy has been cumin frm 4 months without permission..see if u could manage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
games (07-02-2013)
  #20  
Old 07-02-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 13
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndhrdd4 View Post
we took permission but there are people who come without permission too...infact dey didn't knw dat such thing is necessary...we asked n took permission for two months while the guy has been cumin frm 4 months without permission..see if u could manage
Hey THANKS again "sndhrdd4"... Will give that a shot sometime this week....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 07-25-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

Hi guys, where can I find xerox of kaplan notes in bangalore??
I m having difficulty with reading pharmacology notes as it had been completely overwritten by someone from whom the notes had been photocopied..I would immediately like to have a new notes for the subject...so plz let me know if someone knows the place or shop...
Thank u.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22  
Old 07-25-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 13
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Smile Hey sandeep....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep4887 View Post
Hi guys, where can I find xerox of kaplan notes in bangalore??
I m having difficulty with reading pharmacology notes as it had been completely overwritten by someone from whom the notes had been photocopied..I would immediately like to have a new notes for the subject...so plz let me know if someone knows the place or shop...
Thank u.
THERE IS A XEROX SHOP NEAR UMA THEATRE... WE CALL IT BABU XEROX... YOU USED TO GET STUFF THERE BUT NOT VERY SURE NOW.... TRY ONLINE FOR THE pdf FORMAT OF THEM & GET A PRINT OUT... JUST GOOGLE FOR PHARMAC pdf U.S.M.L.E NOTES & GET IT... BEST IS TO BUY IT FROM KAPLAN "ONLINE" AT AMAZON OR SO... ITS A BIT EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT... YOU GET THE LATEST MATERIAL AND THE MOST AUTHENTIC PREP GUIDE.... I BOUGHT MINE FROM AMAZON 2 YEARS AGO... VERY USEFUL TO READ FROM COMPARED TO THE SHABBY XEROX.... GOOD LUCK SANDEEP....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 12-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 27
Threads: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default exams in Feb

Hey ..
I am preparing for step 1 and I want to give my exams in FEB 2014. I am willing to come across to the IMA , NIMHANS libraries in bangalore to study daily as I know studying at home usually never works out. If interested please PM me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 12-17-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 13
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit View Post
Hey ..
I am preparing for step 1 and I want to give my exams in FEB 2014. I am willing to come across to the IMA , NIMHANS libraries in bangalore to study daily as I know studying at home usually never works out. If interested please PM me.
Try M.S.R library in mathikere... We are 3 here preparing for step one... Many more do come irregularly with first aid in their hand... Good luck....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Bangalore-, India-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for Step 1 Partner in New Delhi; Exam: November December 2013 2006docster USMLE Step 1 Study Partners 8 07-27-2013 06:18 PM
Looking for Step 1 Partner Online; Exam: November December 2013 shahoo384 USMLE Step 1 Study Partners 0 02-16-2013 12:53 AM
Looking for Step 1 Partner in Bangalore, India; Exam: December 2012 drdivi_peri USMLE Step 1 Study Partners 1 07-04-2012 06:01 AM
Looking for USMLE Step 1 study partner in Bangalore, India; Exam: December 2012 Preethi suresh USMLE Step 1 Study Partners 11 03-22-2012 11:01 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)