Last 20 Days.. To Do or Not to Do Kaplan QBANK? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-25-2014
Leishmania's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 116
Threads: 31
Thanked 105 Times in 27 Posts
Reputation: 115
Default Last 20 Days.. To Do or Not to Do Kaplan QBANK?

Hi all..

My exam is in 20 days.. I plan to revise MTBs and UW again in 5 days..

Can any expert plz suggest whether I should do Kaplan QBank online at this stage or not? What are the advantages and disadvantages of Kaplan? Or should I just stick to revising UW again?

I would really appreciate your input. Thanx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 07-25-2014
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 471
Threads: 14
Thanked 203 Times in 163 Posts
Reputation: 213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leishmania View Post
Hi all..

My exam is in 20 days.. I plan to revise MTBs and UW again in 5 days..

Can any expert plz suggest whether I should do Kaplan QBank online at this stage or not? What are the advantages and disadvantages of Kaplan? Or should I just stick to revising UW again?

I would really appreciate your input. Thanx.
first of all why do you keep insisting on its only 20 days left? secondly if its only 20 days left you could hardly finish UW alone .
thirdly your score 219 isn't bad especially before UW I would predict at least 15-20+ on your score after uw mostly around 239 if you really studied it well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-25-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 224
Threads: 64
Thanked 80 Times in 43 Posts
Reputation: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazz View Post
first of all why do you keep insisting on its only 20 days left? secondly if its only 20 days left you could hardly finish UW alone .
thirdly your score 219 isn't bad especially before UW I would predict at least 15-20+ on your score after uw mostly around 239 if you really studied it well
I think he has already done UW and wants to know if he should do Kaplan Qbank in the last 20 days.

Answer: No, just stick to UW. Kaplan is low-yield.
__________________
MATCHED @ my #2 program
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 07-25-2014
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 471
Threads: 14
Thanked 203 Times in 163 Posts
Reputation: 213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warfarin90 View Post
I think he has already done UW and wants to know if he should do Kaplan Qbank in the last 20 days.

Answer: No, just stick to UW. Kaplan is low-yield.
Thanks for the correction, btw how was your exam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-25-2014
Leishmania's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 116
Threads: 31
Thanked 105 Times in 27 Posts
Reputation: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazz View Post
first of all why do you keep insisting on its only 20 days left? secondly if its only 20 days left you could hardly finish UW alone .
thirdly your score 219 isn't bad especially before UW I would predict at least 15-20+ on your score after uw mostly around 239 if you really studied it well
I have already finished UW and would revise it now. I keep insisting 20 days bcoz I want to get done on a particular date as its no use delaying the exam unnecessarily..

Can any1 suggest pros and cons of doing Kaplan QBank now??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-26-2014
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 471
Threads: 14
Thanked 203 Times in 163 Posts
Reputation: 213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leishmania View Post
I have already finished UW and would revise it now. I keep insisting 20 days bcoz I want to get done on a particular date as its no use delaying the exam unnecessarily..

Can any1 suggest pros and cons of doing Kaplan QBank now??
I have did kaplan its good qbank if u did it before UW afterwards I believe it will only lessens your confidents why because it mainly focuses on low yield info very difficult in scoring gr8 scores, I have noticed different guidelines from UW so why take the risk when u can repeat UW focus on it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
45 days to go, Qbank dilemma! Shon USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 07-12-2014 08:01 PM
Difference between Kaplan QBank and High Yield Kaplan QBank ElenaB USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 0 12-15-2013 10:24 PM
HOw much can USMLE WORLD Qbank increase your score in 30 days Oscaryasser USMLE Step 1 Forum 0 09-02-2013 01:06 PM
Usmle world Qbank or Kaplan Qbank? Mo-tongji USMLE Step 1 Forum 0 07-30-2013 07:21 PM
10 days for exam, Kaplan Qbank or Uworld? gaur USMLE Step 3 Forum 1 01-05-2013 05:12 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)