Exam Master for step 2 CK - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-17-2011
harlesmd's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 390
Threads: 40
Thanked 365 Times in 144 Posts
Reputation: 375
Arrow Exam Master for step 2 CK

Hi guys, just a quick question, has any of your ever used Exam Master for step 2 CK ? I know US med students have free access to this question bank from their medical school. They have +4800 qs in it. Do you think it's a good option to review its content ???

Thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
__________________
Time is immortal when you believe on something...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 08-17-2011
cool_atomic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 472
Threads: 29
Thanked 224 Times in 135 Posts
Reputation: 247
Default

do you mean that creighton university website exam master? if so, enter a us med school name during registration and u too can get free access. I had it sometime ago but did not use it.
If you have that much extra time to review 4800+ questions, do it but after that, do uworld qbank in every case because it is the gold standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
harlesmd (08-17-2011)
  #3  
Old 08-17-2011
harlesmd's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 390
Threads: 40
Thanked 365 Times in 144 Posts
Reputation: 375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_atomic View Post
do you mean that creighton university website exam master? if so, enter a us med school name during registration and u too can get free access. I had it sometime ago but did not use it.
If you have that much extra time to review 4800+ questions, do it but after that, do uworld qbank in every case because it is the gold standard.
OK, thanks a lot. My exam is within a month, so I had better stick with USMLE world now. How do you think about UW for step 2 CK, I heard the questions are shorter and easier than Kaplan Qbank. Is that true ?
__________________
Time is immortal when you believe on something...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 08-17-2011
cool_atomic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 472
Threads: 29
Thanked 224 Times in 135 Posts
Reputation: 247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlesmd View Post
OK, thanks a lot. My exam is within a month, so I had better stick with USMLE world now. How do you think about UW for step 2 CK, I heard the questions are shorter and easier than Kaplan Qbank. Is that true ?
if your exam is within a month and you have nothing to do, then do uworld again. The fact is that uworld questions make sense but the kaplan qbank changes 1 or 2 words in the question to change the Dx or Tx that makes it irritating. It's your choice if you want to do a good qbank (uworld) or a tough qbank (kaplan) but i followed other members advice on this and did uworld, which is not easy at all and i feel that i have covered all portions relevantly.
So its ur choice now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
harlesmd (08-17-2011)
  #5  
Old 08-17-2011
harlesmd's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 390
Threads: 40
Thanked 365 Times in 144 Posts
Reputation: 375
Default

I did 50% of Kaplan Qbanks and average 72% (but I did it subject wise-timed mode, so I can't really rely on it, but I think it's a good start). Now I am about to start UW, I hope I can finish it within a month. I agree with you, Kaplan's questions are very tricky, and some questions are outdated and poorly written. It's good for time management though because the length of questions are maybe similar to the real exam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_atomic View Post
if your exam is within a month and you have nothing to do, then do uworld again. The fact is that uworld questions make sense but the kaplan qbank changes 1 or 2 words in the question to change the Dx or Tx that makes it irritating. It's your choice if you want to do a good qbank (uworld) or a tough qbank (kaplan) but i followed other members advice on this and did uworld, which is not easy at all and i feel that i have covered all portions relevantly.
So its ur choice now!
__________________
Time is immortal when you believe on something...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-17-2011
cool_atomic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 472
Threads: 29
Thanked 224 Times in 135 Posts
Reputation: 247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlesmd View Post
I did 50% of Kaplan Qbanks and average 72% (but I did it subject wise-timed mode, so I can't really rely on it, but I think it's a good start). Now I am about to start UW, I hope I can finish it within a month. I agree with you, Kaplan's questions are very tricky, and some questions are outdated and poorly written. It's good for time management though because the length of questions are maybe similar to the real exam.
well, i was scared that if i did kaplan qbank, i'd think "supernormally" during the exam and i'll get the easiest questions wrong. Yesterday, i did my nbme4 and had the same feeling. I just kept to the ground while doing those questions.
Maybe doing this kaplan will give you an edge over these tough questions but what happens to the easy ones?
I agree that there will be some impossible to answer questions on the real thing, but they might as well be experimental. Who knows? So the best bet is to move on after answering what you can answer and i think that uworld has given me the same training.
Also regarding time, i haven't really heard of insufficient time from anyone on this forum who has done only uworld for the exam, so i think it'll be ok to just proceed with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
busterbee (08-17-2011), harlesmd (08-17-2011)



Reply

Tags
Qbanks, Step-2-CK-Preparation

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MASTER THE BOARDS Step 2 Ck mle guy USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 12 11-27-2014 12:09 PM
Master the Boards step three DRFP USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 3 04-29-2012 11:48 PM
Master The Boards Step 2 CK PDF Download i_m_possible For Sale & Wanted Items 4 05-02-2011 12:55 PM
823 points to master before taking Step 1 ApplicantGuide USMLE Step 1 Forum 5 12-30-2010 07:31 AM
Best way to master the murmurs for the USMLE Exam Dr_Kal_El USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 12-29-2010 11:30 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)