Lets motivate eachother for excellence - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-20-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Group talk Lets motivate eachother for excellence

Guys i am preparing now for a month to ace this monster,i feel wht most of us really need here is guidance to know that wht we are doing is rite to ace this test ,,,in other words to get
a 99.well i feel one more thing we can do here to make this journey a bit easy,is by
motivating eachother to do the best,to put our best everyday we are preparing.

lets post how we studied dosent matter even if we studied less ,,just write it ,how we wasted time ,how we feel abt it(wht must we do not to waste more time),so that even if we do waste again more time others will remind us of wht we must do,,,,i hope i am making sense

in nutshell just start everydays diary of how we studied ,lets motivate each other to do better....

wht do u say guys,,,,,,,i feel we all study same books we all work our a... up to get a 99 but only some really achieve it bcz its not that they worked harder or they had ample of time its just that they used wht ever time they had in the best possible way ,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
menatallah Elgohary (08-21-2011)



  #2  
Old 08-20-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

when's your exam..mine is in oct....can i join in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 08-20-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbee View Post
when's your exam..mine is in oct....can i join in
sure
i am also planing for october ,,,just post ur daily progress,,,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 08-20-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

i read KLN so far...started doing mtb..
what's your plan or let me say what's a ideal plan which can be achieved in 65 days and get us to 99
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-20-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbee View Post
i read KLN so far...started doing mtb..
what's your plan or let me say what's a ideal plan which can be achieved in 65 days and get us to 99

After goin through a lot of posts here ,,i feel the best thing to do is
Do MTB 2 for IM
MTB3 for pedia,obs/gyne,surgery
and u world atleast twice before exam....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-20-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Cool

well i agree with u
for IM mtb2 ...
neuro and ID do from mtb3...
n I am planing to do the remaining 4 subject from KLN...mtb's are deficit esp in paedz n gyn/obs...

how long do u think uw's gonna take
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 08-20-2011
Ace3's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 735
Threads: 89
Thanked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Reputation: 301
Default

hey i am in.....i am planning on finishing kaplan all sub 1st read by this month end.........planning to give exam by nov-dec.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 08-20-2011
cool_atomic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 472
Threads: 29
Thanked 224 Times in 135 Posts
Reputation: 247
Default

i don't belong to ur eligibility period of october, but MTB2+3+uworld 2times is not realistic in 2 months or 65 days whatever. You will just end up turning pages thats it. Read properly even if it takes time. I have my exam in 3 days!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 08-20-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_atomic View Post
i don't belong to ur eligibility period of october, but MTB2+3+uworld 2times is not realistic in 2 months or 65 days whatever. You will just end up turning pages thats it. Read properly even if it takes time. I have my exam in 3 days!

i totally agree with u ,,,wht i was tellin is the general plan which i felt many people where following here,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 08-20-2011
cool_atomic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 472
Threads: 29
Thanked 224 Times in 135 Posts
Reputation: 247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_possible View Post
i totally agree with u ,,,wht i was tellin is the general plan which i felt many people where following here,,,
i'd say, the best bet is atleast 4 months of focused prep! If you say, 4mths, you still lose the power to concentrate in the last month and it goes down to not being able to read any more just before the exam! Happening to me right now, so effective period is about 3mths only. It should not be much of a prob if your clinical base at med school is gud enough!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Ace3 (08-20-2011)
  #11  
Old 08-20-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_atomic View Post
i don't belong to ur eligibility period of october, but MTB2+3+uworld 2times is not realistic in 2 months or 65 days whatever. You will just end up turning pages thats it. Read properly even if it takes time. I have my exam in 3 days!
hey my eligibility periods ends in nov...
i'm done with KLN n kaplan Qbank..did mtb2 n 3 only for IM..Read other subjects from it but they were deficient and it was not much help regarding questions so back to KLN for all rest except IM
started uw, done 18 blocks...speed is too slow, the questions explanations takes alot of time but its worth it..i hope i get all the concepts in my brain by oct......remember...


that was what my point is, how on earth everything can be covered in 2 months..
anyway best of luck to all of us..... guys still i'm in....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 08-20-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbee View Post
well i agree with u
for IM mtb2 ...
neuro and ID do from mtb3...
n I am planing to do the remaining 4 subject from KLN...mtb's are deficit esp in paedz n gyn/obs...

how long do u think uw's gonna take

1 and half month i guess ,,,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 08-20-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_atomic View Post
i'd say, the best bet is atleast 4 months of focused prep! If you say, 4mths, you still lose the power to concentrate in the last month and it goes down to not being able to read any more just before the exam! Happening to me right now, so effective period is about 3mths only. It should not be much of a prob if your clinical base at med school is gud enough!

do u think doing kalpan is essential important,,bcz i feel we cant retain much if we just give one reading of kaplan,,,,
isn't it better to use review books like mtb and u world as do them in a real good way,,,,like atleast 2 revisions of both,,i guess u can tell abt it the best as u r nearin exam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 08-20-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Todays target is nephrology frm MTB2 and chp 15 in pedia
lets see how well it goes,,,,seems to be less but nephro is really huge in MTB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 08-20-2011
usmledee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 257
Threads: 69
Thanked 122 Times in 63 Posts
Reputation: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_possible View Post
Todays target is nephrology frm MTB2 and chp 15 in pedia
lets see how well it goes,,,,seems to be less but nephro is really huge in MTB
Just wrapped up Hematology in MTB. (IM)
Starting Gastro tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 08-21-2011
usmledee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 257
Threads: 69
Thanked 122 Times in 63 Posts
Reputation: 132
Default

Good Morning from the East Coast..it's 9:45 am ..I am over an hr late in starting...plan for the day MTB 2+3 GASTRO.....
update later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 08-21-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Thumbs Up

good evening there.. about to start another block of uw....can hardly do 3 blocks in 2 days...explanations are really good...plan to finish uw as soon as i can...
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 08-21-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

can anyone explain me why we give NSAIDS for tx of Nephrogenic diabetes insipidus,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 08-21-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbee View Post
good evening there.. about to start another block of uw....can hardly do 3 blocks in 2 days...explanations are really good...plan to finish uw as soon as i can...
are you takin notes of uworld on mtb or seperate note book...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20  
Old 08-21-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

separately for absolute imp topics..n marking the ones tested..what abt u
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 08-21-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbee View Post
separately for absolute imp topics..n marking the ones tested..what abt u

havent started u world yet...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22  
Old 08-21-2011
Ace3's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 735
Threads: 89
Thanked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Reputation: 301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_possible View Post
can anyone explain me why we give NSAIDS for tx of Nephrogenic diabetes insipidus,,,
Normally kidney produces pgs.

NSAID blocks PGS.

PGS decrease water absorption and increase output. It also abolish ADH effect on kidney and make them more resistence to harmone thats what already happening in nephrogenic DM.

So by blocking PGS it decreasing output and removing inhibitory effect of pgs on ADH. So now ADH helps in concentrating urine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
busterbee (08-23-2011), i_m_possible (08-21-2011)
  #23  
Old 08-21-2011
usmledee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 257
Threads: 69
Thanked 122 Times in 63 Posts
Reputation: 132
Default My update:

OK so I kinda shifted from the plan. I did half the Gastro, and finished Oncology, Immuno, and Preventive Medicine in MTB, since they were just a few pages each.
Plan for tomorrow: finish up Gastro. Start Cardio review.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 08-21-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by confident View Post
Normally kidney produces pgs.

NSAID blocks PGS.

PGS decrease water absorption and increase output. It also abolish ADH effect on kidney and make them more resistence to harmone thats what already happening in nephrogenic DM.

So by blocking PGS it decreasing output and removing inhibitory effect of pgs on ADH. So now ADH helps in concentrating urine.
Thanks a lot Confident ,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Ace3 (08-22-2011)
  #25  
Old 08-22-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default progress

Good morning,,,,,,,,

did onco(mtb) -really defecit,not covering all tumors......
pedia did ch 15 and 20---

todays target pedia ch 21,22(half)+Preventive med(MTB)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #26  
Old 08-23-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_possible View Post
Good morning,,,,,,,,

did onco(mtb) -really defecit,not covering all tumors......
pedia did ch 15 and 20---

todays target pedia ch 21,22(half)+Preventive med(MTB)

i need to redo peads so i'l catchup with you, obviously peads as second option after doing uw if i get time
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #27  
Old 08-23-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbee View Post
i need to redo peads so i'l catchup with you, obviously peads as second option after doing uw if i get time
That will be great....i really don like to study pedia,so much crammin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #28  
Old 08-23-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_possible View Post
That will be great....i really don like to study pedia,so much crammin.
dude you are about to end it...but i'l catch up..peadz's all crammin..with u on that...i'l give a quick read...starting with GIT n Resp ch 8,9,12,14
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #29  
Old 08-24-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default progress

OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Today was a dragy day ,infectious frm Kpln,a bit MTb and FA(wasent bad)

i guess i didnt do much but my brain was like stop let me retain so i ended up watchin a movie "walk the line" was nice abt the famous John cash,,,,,,

Guys how are u all doin no updates ,,,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30  
Old 08-24-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

i wasn't feeling well..must have been peadz curse...will start it from tomorrow..it was all uw....
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #31  
Old 08-24-2011
Ace3's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 735
Threads: 89
Thanked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Reputation: 301
Default

same here...was going through IM pulmo from mtb....could not concentrate today...need to start pead.


@ i_m_possible: not bad at all...you have done some reading and entertainment too...


@busterbee: get well soon..start pead and curse will be taken away itself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
busterbee (08-24-2011)
  #32  
Old 08-24-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by confident View Post
same here...was going through IM pulmo from mtb....could not concentrate today...need to start pead.


@ i_m_possible: not bad at all...you have done some reading and entertainment too...


@busterbee: get well soon..start pead and curse will be taken away
itself
Not to worry Confident these lazy days make us realise how well we do when we are active,,,,,pedia is really its like molecular and genetics of step 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Ace3 (08-24-2011)
  #33  
Old 08-24-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

i'm feeling much better now...started a uw block....
will deal with pedz from tomrrow onwards...
God help peads....we are all after it..
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #34  
Old 08-24-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default progress

Awesome weather today ,,,cold breeze ,,,, birds singing ,,,dancing trees,,,,,feel like either goin out on a date or but cant afford to do both,,,,,,how sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

But i guess i am gonna have to enjoy a creepy topic today ,,,,Derma ,,,,imagine romatic weather with cocktail of all psoriasis,acne,,,etc lets see how well this combo will work today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #35  
Old 08-24-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 146
Threads: 27
Thanked 74 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 84
Question hii

hii there ..since this thread is about movitation on step 2 ..i would like some advice please..first is there any link that i can use and see what the abstract questions on the step 2 exam would be like
second...can anyonetell me how many hours is nbme 4 ..do we haveto do it at one go or can we break it down as we like....since i am working i would like to know if i need to take it on my day off...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #36  
Old 08-25-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstar View Post
hii there ..since this thread is about movitation on step 2 ..i would like some advice please..first is there any link that i can use and see what the abstract questions on the step 2 exam would be like
second...can anyonetell me how many hours is nbme 4 ..do we haveto do it at one go or can we break it down as we like....since i am working i would like to know if i need to take it on my day off...
As far as i know the most reliable source abstract questions is sample question on usmle website.Nbme 4 or any form of nbme comes in timed mode and untimed mode.in timed mode u can break after each block as long as u want u just hav to pause the test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #37  
Old 08-25-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwhitskey24 View Post
hey best of luck for your exams mate
take care
Thanks,same to you.Really need a good luck to ace this monster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #38  
Old 08-25-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing -
that's why we recommend it daily.
Zig Ziglar



so guys keep motivating and working hard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
younissmed (08-25-2011)
  #39  
Old 08-25-2011
younissmed's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 378
Threads: 68
Thanked 203 Times in 99 Posts
Reputation: 213
Default

what's up guys ?!
I've been visiting this thread daily to see how u guys motivate each other & as a matter of fact I think it's a great thing to do since the process is exhausting , depressing , frustrating .........call it whatever you want !!, especially when you spend a long time on it -like my self here - towards the end you just feel like " Enough already !! , I just want it over regardless of the score " , to cut to the chase "I want in ".
I'm a U.S. IMG , taking step 2 before step 1 _ Big mistake by the way _ graduated June 2010 , finished Kaplan notes once, F.A. once, offline UW once which I used as a studying material rather than a qbank, but didn't take any notes just read the explanation , probably doing that is what made me take almost 8 moths to finish what I've just mentioned or may be because I took step 2 1st , anyway , Just started UW online for 2 months along with a 2nd read of Kaplan notes + 2nd read of F.A.+ 1st read of MTB " since everybody is recommending it " + taking notes , I'm done with only 4 blocks so far with scores of 52,54,61,79 , avg 61 !!
So what do you guys think ? am I doing ok?
My target is to be done with UW online twice , reading kaplan twice , F.A. twice , MTB twice ,reading the notes & , taking UWSA ,NBME 4.Doing that I'll be done with kaplan 3 time,F.A. 3 , MTB 2 ,offline UW 1, online UW 2 time.
By the way my exam is on Nov 15 .

Last edited by younissmed; 08-25-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #40  
Old 08-25-2011
Ace3's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 735
Threads: 89
Thanked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Reputation: 301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by younissmed View Post
what's up guys ?!
I've been visiting this thread daily to see how u guys motivate each other & as a matter of fact I think it's a great thing to do since the process is exhausting , depressing , frustrating .........call it whatever you want !!, especially when you spend a long time on it -like my self here - towards the end you just feel like " Enough already !! , I just want it over regardless of the score " , to cut to the chase "I want in ".
I'm a U.S. IMG , taking step 2 before step 1 _ Big mistake by the way _ graduated June 2010 , finished Kaplan notes once, F.A. once, offline UW once which I used as a studying material rather than a qbank, but didn't take any notes just read the explanation , probably doing that is what made me take almost 8 moths to finish what I've just mentioned or may be because I took step 2 1st , anyway , Just started UW online for 2 months along with a 2nd read of Kaplan notes + 2nd read of F.A.+ 1st read of MTB " since everybody is recommending it " + taking notes , I'm done with only 4 blocks so far with scores of 52,54,61,79 , avg 61 !!
So what do you guys think ? am I doing ok?
My target is to be done with UW online twice , reading kaplan twice , F.A. twice , MTB twice ,reading the notes & , taking UWSA ,NBME 4.Doing that I'll be done with kaplan 3 time,F.A. 3 , MTB 2 ,offline UW 1, online UW 2 time.
By the way my exam is on Nov 15 .

According to uw average score is between 50-60%.

But depending up on reviews i read in forum so far 70% is considered good.

Since you have done only few block its looking good to me.

Take nbme form and see where you stand and study in that manner.

goodluck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
younissmed (08-25-2011)
  #41  
Old 08-25-2011
younissmed's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 378
Threads: 68
Thanked 203 Times in 99 Posts
Reputation: 213
Default

Thank you , but I was thinking about saving NBME for last cause I feel I'm not ready yet & since it took me a long time to finish my first read , I feel like I've forgot everything , & if I take nbme & score low I'll be crushed.
but do you really think my scores aren't low for the 1st time , I know I've done only 4 blocks .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #42  
Old 08-25-2011
Ace3's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 735
Threads: 89
Thanked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Reputation: 301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by younissmed View Post
Thank you , but I was thinking about saving NBME for last cause I feel I'm not ready yet & since it took me a long time to finish my first read , I feel like I've forgot everything , & if I take nbme & score low I'll be crushed.
but do you really think my scores aren't low for the 1st time , I know I've done only 4 blocks .

Yes since you got more than 60 in 3 blocks so I felt that way. I think there are many nbme forms so doing 1 may change your study approach and let you know your weaker areas so you can stress that more. If you get low score In nbme don't feel bad about it. Since you have ample of time to react now. It's just my views do what you are comfortable with or wait and see what others have to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
younissmed (08-25-2011)
  #43  
Old 08-25-2011
younissmed's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 378
Threads: 68
Thanked 203 Times in 99 Posts
Reputation: 213
Thumbs Down

done with another block today and got 49, random and timed, so frustrated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #44  
Old 08-26-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by younissmed View Post
done with another block today and got 49, random and timed, so frustrated
hey don't be too tensed..relax..its a learning tool..remember this..
have a cup of tee before start the block or whatever suits you..dont let negative thoughts get to you..just go with the flow...maybe that brings your performance up.. cheer up n keep revising the wrong ones
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
younissmed (08-26-2011)
  #45  
Old 08-26-2011
Ace3's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 735
Threads: 89
Thanked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Reputation: 301
Default

Started pead.....planning to do Im revision side by side. Let's see how quickly I do it. Target is to do by this month end. Hope you guys are studying well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #46  
Old 08-26-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

well i am doin not good,,,stressfull day ,,,,i guess i have to really speed things up,,,,i mean i have to do obs/gyne,surgery,pysch. all next month and then do u world 2 revisions by oct end ,,,seems crazy but no other go ,,,,,i don know how will i read fast at the same time memorize wht i read.....

But i am gonna try ,,,,,give my best shot lets see wht happens.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #47  
Old 08-26-2011
road2success's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 45
Threads: 9
Thanked 28 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_possible View Post
well i am doin not good,,,stressfull day ,,,,i guess i have to really speed things up,,,,i mean i have to do obs/gyne,surgery,pysch. all next month and then do u world 2 revisions by oct end ,,,seems crazy but no other go ,,,,,i don know how will i read fast at the same time memorize wht i read.....

But i am gonna try ,,,,,give my best shot lets see wht happens.....

I am also in the same boat as yours, have exam in the last week of October.
so far kaplan lec notes once, Uworld-Tutor Mode with MTB. Present doing Peds from U-world, plan to finish before sunday. After that plan second reading for all subjects.
I shall also join in here to post the daily Progress, it really helps to boost our speed and how well we use this Short period for smart studies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #48  
Old 08-26-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 117
Threads: 22
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by road2success View Post
I am also in the same boat as yours, have exam in the last week of October.
so far kaplan lec notes once, Uworld-Tutor Mode with MTB. Present doing Peds from U-world, plan to finish before sunday. After that plan second reading for all subjects.
I shall also join in here to post the daily Progress, it really helps to boost our speed and how well we use this Short period for smart studies.
Thanks ,,,,,
i think u r in good shape for october end,,,,
keep posting daily progress or even how u motivate urself everday to do better ,,it really helps ,,makes this journey a bit easy,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #49  
Old 08-26-2011
road2success's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 45
Threads: 9
Thanked 28 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 38
Thumbs Up

Today's Plan: 2 blocks of peds questions.
I am going to finish the first block, hope i can finish these as planned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #50  
Old 08-26-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

plan to finish uw one block atleast...and than do the weak topics from mtb n KLN..lets see...go bee go...its another hurdle of life....need to wake up
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #51  
Old 08-27-2011
road2success's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 45
Threads: 9
Thanked 28 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 38
Unhappy

Could not finish 2 blocks of peds as planned. felt really tired and cud not continue.
Continuing it now and plan to reach the target by tommorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #52  
Old 08-30-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

hey guys...doing uw...i dont know why i'm so slow....still 21 blocks remaining....i need ECT, maybe it'l boost my neurons...man i feel so sleepy all the time....help me..how to be charged up again.....planned to do mtb-ck along with uw...it so seems impossible.....God help me please....its just another exam....help me be strong n active....:sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::sorr y::sorry::sorry:
so a little change in plan
uw 2 blocks in morning with a quick review...and mtb-ck in evening..
wish me luck guys
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #53  
Old 08-31-2011
road2success's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 45
Threads: 9
Thanked 28 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 38
Thumbs Up

your not alone. i was suppose to finsh peds uw blocks 3days back, but solving 300 questions feels like its for ever...am still doing peds, but thank god i have reached the last block.

make a sticky note in front of you- listing the subjects need to be done before your exam date and get a count down software that runs on your screen which shows the days left for your exam. whenever you see this, am sure it will remind you that your running out of time and have lots to do within a short span. so cheer up and work towards your goal, its better not to regret later than to make the best of it now when its in your own hands...

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Ace3 (08-31-2011), busterbee (08-31-2011)
  #54  
Old 08-31-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

getting up the horse again....10 more days n hopefully end to uw....than redo the wrong n marked..lets see
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #55  
Old 08-31-2011
Ace3's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 735
Threads: 89
Thanked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Reputation: 301
Default

i am planning to do cvs pead and endo ....need to rush a bit now since need to start uw at month end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #56  
Old 08-31-2011
iron's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 229
Threads: 43
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 61
Default new questions??

hi everyone
did anyone of u try new ad n biostat questions ?I just tried those 10 questions in time mode n I was so disappointed to see the questions ,all of them r so lengthy ,I didn't understand where to focus exactly seeing it ..I will try take my time n study these ,then will write more about it.

Last edited by iron; 08-31-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Ace3 (09-01-2011)
  #57  
Old 09-01-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
hi everyone
did anyone of u try new ad n biostat questions ?I just tried those 10 questions in time mode n I was so disappointed to see the questions ,all of them r so lengthy ,I didn't understand where to focus exactly seeing it ..I will try take my time n study these ,then will write more about it.
what i made out of the abstract Q so far is that they want us to know about hazard ratio....and about ad Q know how to calculate NNT which is inverse of ARR(absolute risk reduction) and ARR = Incidence in control group - incidence in cases....
correct me if i'm wrong...so far came across only 3 Qs in uw....and they need atleast 5-6 mins to solve
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by busterbee; 09-01-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Ace3 (09-01-2011)
  #58  
Old 09-01-2011
Ace3's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 735
Threads: 89
Thanked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Reputation: 301
Default

Done with cvs pead and revised cvs im ...could not finish endo but today i must finish reading endo and start nephro in pead and simultaneously revise im.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #59  
Old 09-01-2011
iron's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 229
Threads: 43
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbee View Post
what i made out of the abstract Q so far is that they want us to know about hazard ratio....and about ad Q know how to calculate NNT which is inverse of ARR(absolute risk reduction) and ARR = Incidence in control group - incidence in cases....
correct me if i'm wrong...so far came across only 3 Qs in uw....and they need atleast 5-6 mins to solve
ya, most of the concept is what we did in step 1 n ck ,all about sensitivity ,specificity ,PPV ,NPV, accuracy ,ROC n what u have mentioned in ur post ,explanations provided r also not so different then what we knew before ,but they r lengthy so much that seeing them u get scared ,what shall u read 1st n how will u find answer as u have to read them looking for ur answer . Doing 7 -8 questions i did understand how to do those questions but don't know whether I will be able to apply the concept when i see the questions.
I think 1st we should see what the questions have asked ,see the conclusion of the study n graphs before reading everything like methedology n so on ,otherwise don't think it is possible to give good time in exm..
guys if u have any idea how to solve this type of question ,do post it here.one way is practicing more of such questions ,but there r 10 in uworld ,have to see usmle.org sample questions .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #60  
Old 09-01-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
ya, most of the concept is what we did in step 1 n ck ,all about sensitivity ,specificity ,PPV ,NPV, accuracy ,ROC n what u have mentioned in ur post ,explanations provided r also not so different then what we knew before ,but they r lengthy so much that seeing them u get scared ,what shall u read 1st n how will u find answer as u have to read them looking for ur answer . Doing 7 -8 questions i did understand how to do those questions but don't know whether I will be able to apply the concept when i see the questions.
I think 1st we should see what the questions have asked ,see the conclusion of the study n graphs before reading everything like methedology n so on ,otherwise don't think it is possible to give good time in exm..
guys if u have any idea how to solve this type of question ,do post it here.one way is practicing more of such questions ,but there r 10 in uworld ,have to see usmle.org sample questions .
i agree with you...i don't think it'l be easy...its scary...and i plan to skip them for end in exam too...when i'l be done with remaining questions in a block,i'l give it time...cu'z they are time consuming and i doubt if i can get them right...those of us opting for exam soon should gather what ever info we can from friends regarding these new questions....and share with each other
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #61  
Old 09-01-2011
iron's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 229
Threads: 43
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbee View Post
i agree with you...i don't think it'l be easy...its scary...and i plan to skip them for end in exam too...when i'l be done with remaining questions in a block,i'l give it time...cu'z they are time consuming and i doubt if i can get them right...those of us opting for exam soon should gather what ever info we can from friends regarding these new questions....and share with each other
ya ,but I m scared to leave them for last , what if we cant't come back to them ,many times it happen that the questions we have marked ,we r not able to return to it for solving again ,so try to finish them in 75 sec ,if more then that, at least tick the closest answer n once we have completed rest of the questions ,we can come back n check them in remaining 5- 7 minutes ,that is time i finish my uworld block..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
busterbee (09-01-2011)
  #62  
Old 09-01-2011
iron's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 229
Threads: 43
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 61
Default

I have doubt regarding their conclusion in 1 question after reading it ,but i can't post it here ,what should i do ?I think the graph doesn't go with the conclusion they have written.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #63  
Old 09-02-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
I have doubt regarding their conclusion in 1 question after reading it ,but i can't post it here ,what should i do ?I think the graph doesn't go with the conclusion they have written.
just tell us the Q number...i'l see if i come across it...still have 16 blocks to go
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #64  
Old 09-02-2011
iron's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 229
Threads: 43
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbee View Post
just tell us the Q number...i'l see if i come across it...still have 16 blocks to go
it is 7688/353497.I may be wrong ,I m not sure ,if u find any difference in the conclusion n graph ,let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
busterbee (09-02-2011)
  #65  
Old 09-04-2011
iron's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 229
Threads: 43
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 61
Default

@busterbee
did u come across the question ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #66  
Old 09-04-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
@busterbee
did u come across the question ?
oh i totally forgot...i did

i am not that good at it but still what i concluded was that we have to concentrate on the second table in which all the hazard ratios are given...

the ones with the highest hazard ratio and p value less than 0.05 are significant....

among them 2 groups have highest hazard ratio of 7.25 and 30.86 with significant p value...

now as the greatest risk of hyperkalemia is with hazard ratio of 30.86 it is not in option...answer therefore is 7.26 that is hyperkalemia greater than 4.5

i hope i am right,what do u say
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
iron (09-04-2011)
  #67  
Old 09-04-2011
iron's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 229
Threads: 43
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbee View Post
oh i totally forgot...i did

i am not that good at it but still what i concluded was that we have to concentrate on the second table in which all the hazard ratios are given...

the ones with the highest hazard ratio and p value less than 0.05 are significant....

among them 2 groups have highest hazard ratio of 7.25 and 30.86 with significant p value...

now as the greatest risk of hyperkalemia is with hazard ratio of 30.86 it is not in option...answer therefore is 7.26 that is hyperkalemia greater than 4.5

i hope i am right,what do u say
hey..
u r absolutely right from what u have understood, even i understood the hazard ratio ,what I was talking about was the conclusion which is with ACEI ,risk of hyperkalemia is small in non-diabetic hypertensive ,but in graph where they have compared 3 drugs i can see that it has max. events of hyperkalemia compared to other 2 drugs n by mechanism wise also ACEI is associated with hyperkalemia , so i didn't understand why they have concluded risk of hyperkalemia is small with ACEI at the end of research , therefore I was thinking may be i didn't get it rite.
Is the conclusion related to hazard ratio too. The answer , they have explained was for the follow-up risk ,which is explained by the ratio.
one more question ,I have done 50% subject wise Q/A of uworld of new subscription ,50% i did from my old subscription ,now since i have done it once i want to start from the beginning ,mixed ,so how should I proceed as i have almost 50% used questions?

Last edited by iron; 09-04-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #68  
Old 09-04-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

i think so....the graph is confusing..i am sorry but i tried hard to understand that first graph,it doesn't go with the conclusion..or maybe we are not getting it....the table made sense to me....do correct me if i have a wrong concept...

well regarding uw..i am doing timed all subjects mode...it'l help in exam....specially with time management....mostly people recommend it..i would suggest you do the same
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #69  
Old 09-04-2011
iron's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 229
Threads: 43
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbee View Post
i think so....the graph is confusing..i am sorry but i tried hard to understand that first graph,it doesn't go with the conclusion..or maybe we are not getting it....the table made sense to me....do correct me if i have a wrong concept...

well regarding uw..i am doing timed all subjects mode...it'l help in exam....specially with time management....mostly people recommend it..i would suggest you do the same
thnks ..me too having doubt with graph..conclusion doesn't go with graph ,according to graph , ACEI should be having more risk compared to other two .well ,may be our understanding is wrong, let us wait for someone to observe it or rectify me..
ya ,i did once with subject ,time mode now i want to do random to see the difference in performance ,my avg is 62 ,with med 60 ,paed n obs with 61, psych75, surgry 58 n stat 43(..well i want to improve it by oct end so that i can give my exm.
ok ,all the best ,long way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #70  
Old 09-04-2011
road2success's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 45
Threads: 9
Thanked 28 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 38
Thumbs Up

Hello Buddies... Finally finished with Peds and have just started with second reading today. Doing internal med now and i just dont know if i can do a full second reading for all subjects( MTB + UW) before the exam in october last week but hoping to do the best.

Hows your progress guys? hows it going for all of you with the exam in october..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #71  
Old 09-05-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
thnks ..me too having doubt with graph..conclusion doesn't go with graph ,according to graph , ACEI should be having more risk compared to other two .well ,may be our understanding is wrong, let us wait for someone to observe it or rectify me..
ya ,i did once with subject ,time mode now i want to do random to see the difference in performance ,my avg is 62 ,with med 60 ,paed n obs with 61, psych75, surgry 58 n stat 43(..well i want to improve it by oct end so that i can give my exm.
ok ,all the best ,long way to go.
you will be fine...dont worry..i hope we all do our best...we should do our part and ALLAH will help us out
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
iron (09-06-2011)
  #72  
Old 09-05-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CK Only
Posts: 91
Threads: 6
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 37
Default

hello, i m new to this forum.i need motivation and advice too. done with kaplan 2 times,mtb3 once,mtbck once (only medicine) u world average 60 percent.kaplan q bank( did half and left it)USMLE orientation material 78percent (end of july) got every drug and abstract question wrong. UWSA 213 end of july ,nbme 4 167 end of july,nbme 1 198 mid august, have to take nbme 2 in mid september.please let me know what shud i b doing to improve my score. i want to take my test in start of october.what shud b last month preparation to score in 220s atleast??? or i cant do it??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #73  
Old 09-06-2011
iron's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 229
Threads: 43
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 61
Default

I m doing surgery ,want to get over with it in coming 2 days hopefully
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #74  
Old 09-07-2011
iron's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 229
Threads: 43
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 61
Default

whole day I was making note from uworld med..it is taking too mcuh of times , I couldn't do surgery
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Step-2-CK-Preparation

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lets get Neuro cracking...questions 1 Lena USMLE Step 1 Forum 5 05-03-2011 09:46 AM
So lets say you only get 60% of the questions on the real thing. angermngment USMLE Step 1 Forum 4 03-08-2011 07:26 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)