September 28th, 2011; Step 2 CK Exam Results Thread - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-20-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 88
Threads: 14
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 34
Exam-Results September 28th, 2011; Step 2 CK Exam Results Thread

if anyone get his ck results by today, let us know please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 09-21-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 88
Threads: 14
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default any news?

any news so far?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-21-2011
Sadalssud's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 132
Threads: 4
Thanked 107 Times in 62 Posts
Reputation: 117
Default

Not yet, I just check my ECFMG profile and it does not show anything new, I will wait until midday and if there is no results, probably is better to wait for next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 09-21-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 88
Threads: 14
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadalssud View Post
Not yet, I just check my ECFMG profile and it does not show anything new, I will wait until midday and if there is no results, probably is better to wait for next week.

nothing till now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 09-21-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 20
Default q

stupid Q: do you check for yr results via oasis?
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-21-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 88
Threads: 14
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musand View Post
stupid Q: do you check for yr results via oasis?
thanks
yes go to oasis Score Report Information
and you will also recieve an email notification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 09-21-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 20
Default dates

thanks, that is exactly what i was doing.
my exam was Aug 30.
When were yr exams guys?
i'VE heard that there are some trick to check if you passed or not by starting a new application or smth like that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 09-21-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 88
Threads: 14
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musand View Post
thanks, that is exactly what i was doing.
my exam was Aug 30.
When were yr exams guys?
i'VE heard that there are some trick to check if you passed or not by starting a new application or smth like that
my exam was on sep, 6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 09-25-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 88
Threads: 14
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default next wednesday

do u think the results will be available by wednesday for all who had the test during all augest till mid sep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 09-27-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 20
Default t

i hope tomorow is the day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 09-27-2011
dr_mhm's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 460
Threads: 100
Thanked 233 Times in 147 Posts
Reputation: 243
Smile

I'm expecting lots of posts tomorrow, and hopefully lots of ideas for the test
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 09-27-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

days before exam and days before result
best of luck guys, You will all rock......we definitly want a detailed report..hehehe
no excuses...
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
cool_atomic (09-27-2011)
  #13  
Old 09-27-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 137
Threads: 26
Thanked 158 Times in 46 Posts
Reputation: 168
Default GL for tomorrows result

GL for tomorrow guys.. hope you all get yr desired score..!

Please dont forget to write abt your Ck journey and prep experience!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
cool_atomic (09-28-2011)
  #14  
Old 09-27-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 88
Threads: 14
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default let's keep ourselves updated

if anyone got his results please, let us know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 09-28-2011
USMLE-Syndrome's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 1,203
Threads: 180
Thanked 1,251 Times in 441 Posts
Reputation: 1265
Default

in ecfmg date is 27 sept today is not 28 sept
so we will see the result tomorrow if we r outside usa
my exam was 14 sept so iwill have the result in 28 sept or after a week ?
idont know iam also waiting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (09-28-2011)



  #16  
Old 09-28-2011
bebix's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,357
Threads: 194
Thanked 3,259 Times in 881 Posts
Reputation: 3269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss patho View Post
in ecfmg date is 27 sept today is not 28 sept
so we will see the result tomorrow if we r outside usa
my exam was 14 sept so iwill have the result in 28 sept or after a week ?
idont know iam also waiting
I think you have to wait til next Wed....good luck!!!!...

btw, you took step 2 before step 1?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 09-28-2011
USMLE-Syndrome's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 1,203
Threads: 180
Thanked 1,251 Times in 441 Posts
Reputation: 1265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebix View Post
I think you have to wait til next Wed....good luck!!!!...

btw, you took step 2 before step 1?
ya iknow my big mistake idid is taking step 2 b4 step1 because in the exam they destroy me with a lot anatomy and physio and patho q
thats y i feel iwill fail really ifeel idid bad in the exam

and y idont get the result today too i hear every one took the after 2 august will get the result in 28 sept?????? r u sure ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
A_a_ (09-28-2011)
  #18  
Old 09-28-2011
harlesmd's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 390
Threads: 40
Thanked 365 Times in 144 Posts
Reputation: 375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post
hi everybody, i got my step 2ck result today 248/99. my exam was on sept 6.
very happy with my result and wish everybody gets the score he/she wants.............................good luck
Congrats !!! that's a great score !!!!
__________________
Time is immortal when you believe on something...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 09-28-2011
USMLE-Syndrome's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 1,203
Threads: 180
Thanked 1,251 Times in 441 Posts
Reputation: 1265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post
hi everybody, i got my step 2ck result today 248/99. my exam was on sept 6.
very happy with my result and wish everybody gets the score he/she wants.............................good luck
congratulation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20  
Old 09-28-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post
hi everybody, i got my step 2ck result today 248/99. my exam was on sept 6.
very happy with my result and wish everybody gets the score he/she wants.............................good luck
congratz man...
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 09-28-2011
Sadalssud's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 132
Threads: 4
Thanked 107 Times in 62 Posts
Reputation: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post
hi everybody, i got my step 2ck result today 248/99. my exam was on sept 6.
very happy with my result and wish everybody gets the score he/she wants.............................good luck

Congratulations. I also got my score... it is good and I am very happy of that I have to wait for CS results :sorry:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22  
Old 09-28-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 88
Threads: 14
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default got my results

my exam was on sept, 6 and ive got 99 (245) thanks God ..i was so worried ..finally im ECFMG certified
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 09-28-2011
bebix's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,357
Threads: 194
Thanked 3,259 Times in 881 Posts
Reputation: 3269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss patho View Post
ya iknow my big mistake idid is taking step 2 b4 step1 because in the exam they destroy me with a lot anatomy and physio and patho q
thats y i feel iwill fail really ifeel idid bad in the exam

and y idont get the result today too i hear every one took the after 2 august will get the result in 28 sept?????? r u sure ?
Hey...cīmon...you killed the test!!!!...actually, Iīm not sure about when you should get it...buy I know you gonna be just fine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 09-28-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youssef2310 View Post
my exam was on sept, 6 and ive got 99 (245) thanks God ..i was so worried ..finally im ECFMG certified
congrats dear...best of luck...so any words of advise...
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
youssef2310 (09-28-2011)
  #25  
Old 09-28-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

3 more results to come...kais
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #26  
Old 09-28-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 88
Threads: 14
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post
hi everybody, i got my step 2ck result today 248/99. my exam was on sept 6.
very happy with my result and wish everybody gets the score he/she wants.............................good luck
congratulationsssss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #27  
Old 09-28-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 88
Threads: 14
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbee View Post
congrats dear...best of luck...so any words of advise...

for sure im gonna post my experience specially ck which i prepared for it in about 3 month,,im just celebrating today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
busterbee (09-28-2011)
  #28  
Old 09-28-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youssef2310 View Post
for sure im gonna post my experience specially ck which i prepared for it in about 3 month,,im just celebrating today
i can imagine...want that day to come for myself soon..tired of studying

and scared of exam like hell
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #29  
Old 09-28-2011
Sadalssud's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 132
Threads: 4
Thanked 107 Times in 62 Posts
Reputation: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youssef2310 View Post
for sure im gonna post my experience specially ck which i prepared for it in about 3 month,,im just celebrating today
I agree.... The only thing we want to do now is celebration =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30  
Old 09-28-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadalssud View Post
I agree.... The only thing we want to do now is celebration =)
it's your day guys...hard work paid off....
but be back soon an write down a detail experience..
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #31  
Old 09-28-2011
USMLE-Syndrome's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 1,203
Threads: 180
Thanked 1,251 Times in 441 Posts
Reputation: 1265
Default

ididnt get my result so next wed is my result maybe or i have to wait more hours for my result
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #32  
Old 09-28-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss patho View Post
ididnt get my result so next wed is my result maybe or i have to wait more hours for my result
you do good ..trust me..best of luck
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #33  
Old 09-28-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 20
Default 251/99

251/99

thanks G.d and my wife
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #34  
Old 09-28-2011
road2success's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 45
Threads: 9
Thanked 28 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default Congratulations!!!

Congrats to all those who passed Ck !!! i see great scores here and all those who are expecting your results good luck!!!


am taking exam in 3 wks, will be of great help if you can share your exam experience here and also let us know if online quest banks like UW, NBME helped you guys.

Congrats Once again and to those of you waiting for your results good luck!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (09-28-2011)
  #35  
Old 09-28-2011
road2success's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 45
Threads: 9
Thanked 28 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 38
Thumbs Up Congratulations!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by youssef2310 View Post
my exam was on sept, 6 and ive got 99 (245) thanks God ..i was so worried ..finally im ECFMG certified
Congrats on your Awesome Score!!!
Time to relax and enjoy, but when you come back dont forget to share ur exam experience here. will be of great help to all the test takers.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #36  
Old 09-28-2011
Ace3's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 735
Threads: 89
Thanked 286 Times in 191 Posts
Reputation: 298
Default

hey congratulations to everyone nice score so you all done with step 2 ck.....i am waiting for mine to be done but long way from here.

Goodluck who still have to recieve results.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #37  
Old 09-28-2011
Ace3's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 735
Threads: 89
Thanked 286 Times in 191 Posts
Reputation: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss patho View Post
ya iknow my big mistake idid is taking step 2 b4 step1 because in the exam they destroy me with a lot anatomy and physio and patho q
thats y i feel iwill fail really ifeel idid bad in the exam

and y idont get the result today too i hear every one took the after 2 august will get the result in 28 sept?????? r u sure ?

hey miss patho dont worry you will get good result.....

so uw and kaplan are not sufficient in covering path,physio, anatomy qs...
do you recommened to do first aid step 1 too...since i have time.. still i could incorporate step 1 stuff just advice me which book will be better...as i dont remember my step 1 stuff after exam so....thank you and goodluck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #38  
Old 09-28-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 20
Default special qqq

Hi all,
I'd like to advise on those special ty[pe of questions that appeared recently:
-do them last in the block
-take breaks as Dr Fisher advises in his Q book
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (09-28-2011)
  #39  
Old 09-28-2011
busterbee's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 218
Threads: 16
Thanked 110 Times in 59 Posts
Reputation: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musand View Post
Hi all,
I'd like to advise on those special ty[pe of questions that appeared recently:
-do them last in the block
-take breaks as Dr Fisher advises in his Q book
thats the plan dear...any advise for me..i did uw once.scored 70%...have exam in next month...still got to do nbme's and mtb read
__________________
you are born with wings, don't walk through life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #40  
Old 09-28-2011
USMLE-Syndrome's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 1,203
Threads: 180
Thanked 1,251 Times in 441 Posts
Reputation: 1265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by confident View Post
hey miss patho dont worry you will get good result.....

so uw and kaplan are not sufficient in covering path,physio, anatomy qs...
do you recommened to do first aid step 1 too...since i have time.. still i could incorporate step 1 stuff just advice me which book will be better...as i dont remember my step 1 stuff after exam so....thank you and goodluck
well about antomy read 1st aid step 1 nerve tables
and patho idont know really what it help
about mechanism of disease they ask alot which odema mechanism and about cardiac output changes in cardio and alot physio stuff
and biostatics they ask a lot about validity and accuracy and stuff i never heard about

the exam was like hell idont know any answer diffrent from uw they mix q
really afraid
ithink my result in next week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
A_a_ (09-28-2011), Ace3 (09-28-2011), step1an (09-29-2011)
  #41  
Old 09-28-2011
iron's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 229
Threads: 43
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 61
Default

congrats to all of u who got their results n best of lucks to those waiting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #42  
Old 09-28-2011
rooshy's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: CK+CS
Posts: 128
Threads: 16
Thanked 138 Times in 47 Posts
Reputation: 148
Thumbs Up

congratulationsss
please guys share your experiences with us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #43  
Old 09-28-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 20
Default plan 3 months

Books: FA-> Kaplan LN--> MTB 2+3 once --> MTB2+3 second time (u'll need both step 2+3!!!)
Q Banks: USMLERX--> UWorld --> Kaplan --> NBME (in the end)

---------------------
= 3 months
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
A_a_ (09-28-2011), rooshy (09-28-2011)
  #44  
Old 09-28-2011
Ace3's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 735
Threads: 89
Thanked 286 Times in 191 Posts
Reputation: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss patho View Post
well about antomy read 1st aid step 1 nerve tables
and patho idont know really what it help
about mechanism of disease they ask alot which odema mechanism and about cardiac output changes in cardio and alot physio stuff
and biostatics they ask a lot about validity and accuracy and stuff i never heard about

the exam was like hell idont know any answer diffrent from uw they mix q
really afraid
ithink my result in next week
thanks miss patho for advice....dont worry you will get great score...and we are going to hear in detail from you after you get result ....so dont worry and goodluck once again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #45  
Old 09-28-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CK Only
Posts: 91
Threads: 6
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss patho View Post
well about antomy read 1st aid step 1 nerve tables
and patho idont know really what it help
about mechanism of disease they ask alot which odema mechanism and about cardiac output changes in cardio and alot physio stuff
and biostatics they ask a lot about validity and accuracy and stuff i never heard about

the exam was like hell idont know any answer diffrent from uw they mix q
really afraid
ithink my result in next week
best of luck for ur result. u mean all the questions resembled Uworld? if i m taking step 2 before step 1 , i ll be able to answer those questions from step2 books?? or shud i study pharma anatomy??and secondly how many questions in a block u need to get right in the real exam to get 90 plus, if the test is normal(not v easy not v difficult)how many audios of murmurs??and how many new pattern questions?? ethics part???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #46  
Old 09-28-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CK Only
Posts: 91
Threads: 6
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musand View Post
Books: FA-> Kaplan LN--> MTB 2+3 once --> MTB2+3 second time (u'll need both step 2+3!!!)
Q Banks: USMLERX--> UWorld --> Kaplan --> NBME (in the end)

---------------------
= 3 months
congrats !! u did it. i want to ask do u need to do kaplan(done medicine, paeds 3 times,surgery gynae 2 times and psychiatry once 4 months ago) again in revision if u have 20 days fer exam, or u world,mtbs and first aid r enuff to do well in exam.and please let us know abt the final review . wat things to b done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #47  
Old 09-28-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 20
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_a_ View Post
congrats !! u did it. i want to ask do u need to do kaplan(done medicine, paeds 3 times,surgery gynae 2 times and psychiatry once 4 months ago) again in revision if u have 20 days fer exam, or u world,mtbs and first aid r enuff to do well in exam.and please let us know abt the final review . wat things to b done?
didn't quite get the Q
???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #48  
Old 09-28-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 14
Threads: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 20
Default mtb

mtb 2+3
isthe best review ever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #49  
Old 09-29-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 88
Threads: 14
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default

MTB ck + MTB step 3 just in pediatrics and general surgery ( i didnot hve time to do obgyn from it) kaplan q bank just 40% of it with score 65
UW 95% with overall score 75%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #50  
Old 09-29-2011
rooshy's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: CK+CS
Posts: 128
Threads: 16
Thanked 138 Times in 47 Posts
Reputation: 148
Help

guys what about the new type of questions (drug ad ) what do you think about it ? what can be done now to do it well in exam ?
plus ,, please guys we want DETAILED experiences

how did you used mtb2 and mtb3 ,, i mean eventually don't you want to review from only one source ?? .. how could you do both of them with kaplan notes .. plus i wanna know how many blocks you guys used to do per day .. what was your approach . total time studying ... please guys ,,more detailed information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #51  
Old 09-29-2011
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 7
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 13
Unhappy

Hi. I have yet to receive an email notification from ECFMG about my CK score. I am really bothered because I took the CK last August 24 and my friend and I took the exam on the same date and she got her score last Sept. 28. There was even someone here who took the exam last Sept. 6 and she already got her scores... I'm starting to freak-out because I am waiting for that score so I could begin applying for the programs.
Do you think I should wait for next Wednesday before I contact ECFMG? What could have happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #52  
Old 09-30-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 88
Threads: 14
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooshy View Post
guys what about the new type of questions (drug ad ) what do you think about it ? what can be done now to do it well in exam ?
plus ,, please guys we want DETAILED experiences

how did you used mtb2 and mtb3 ,, i mean eventually don't you want to review from only one source ?? .. how could you do both of them with kaplan notes .. plus i wanna know how many blocks you guys used to do per day .. what was your approach . total time studying ... please guys ,,more detailed information

hi
1st regarding studying from tb ck and mtb 3 what i did is that i ve studied all from mtb ck then i studied pediatrics and general surgery from mtb3 and if i had time i would do also obgyn, i think those 3 chapters r defected in mtb ck, although i know many who just did mtb ck and got 99..
2nd regarding the number of blocks it is really variable from one to another for me i used to do 1 to 1 and half and rarly 2 per day because i had to review some topics every day.. i used to study about 6 hours in most days and during the last month from 8 to 10 ( total time about 1 month before cs and 2 and half after it)..
3rd the drug ad and abstract is really so silly and im not sure if those r counted or not because we were the 1st to face tht kind of qs, i had 3 blocks each on is 42 questions and each block contains one set of abstract or drug ad my advice : dont waste alot of time as i did .. in those 3 blocks i was doing questions so fast to save time and didnot give questions enough time and after that all i just made guesses..

i wish i could added something new to u
Good Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
rooshy (09-30-2011), SHICE (09-30-2011)
  #53  
Old 09-30-2011
Ace3's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 735
Threads: 89
Thanked 286 Times in 191 Posts
Reputation: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youssef2310 View Post
hi
1st regarding studying from tb ck and mtb 3 what i did is that i ve studied all from mtb ck then i studied pediatrics and general surgery from mtb3 and if i had time i would do also obgyn, i think those 3 chapters r defected in mtb ck, although i know many who just did mtb ck and got 99..
2nd regarding the number of blocks it is really variable from one to another for me i used to do 1 to 1 and half and rarly 2 per day because i had to review some topics every day.. i used to study about 6 hours in most days and during the last month from 8 to 10 ( total time about 1 month before cs and 2 and half after it)..
3rd the drug ad and abstract is really so silly and im not sure if those r counted or not because we were the 1st to face tht kind of qs, i had 3 blocks each on is 42 questions and each block contains one set of abstract or drug ad my advice : dont waste alot of time as i did .. in those 3 blocks i was doing questions so fast to save time and didnot give questions enough time and after that all i just made guesses..

i wish i could added something new to u
Good Luck

thanks for sharing your exam experience....can you please tell how many days you took to done with reading ?? and when you took q bank suscription you were like revicing from same book or you used to revice from diffrerent book??...and how many readings you have done before exam.??


i am just getting done with 1st read itself (done with IM, OBGYGYN, PEAD and SURG half ) and i could not finish everything with in time... still need to do uw, kap, and usmle consult..so when would be appropriate to squeeze this in given months (i,e oct, nov,dec 2weeks.last week i am trying to give exam)

so should i start uw suscription or shall i wait for ist read to be done and read simultaneously....planning exam in dec??

your advice will be useful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #54  
Old 09-30-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 27
Threads: 3
Thanked 20 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 30
Default

Got my step 2ck scores today 238(99).Very happy two months of study.Did not take up NBME. Studied kaplan, Harrisons,U world.Post MD(Gen MED) in india.Studying pediatrics and OBG was difficult for me had lost touch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #55  
Old 09-30-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 88
Threads: 14
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by confident View Post
thanks for sharing your exam experience....can you please tell how many days you took to done with reading ?? and when you took q bank suscription you were like revicing from same book or you used to revice from diffrerent book??...and how many readings you have done before exam.??


i am just getting done with 1st read itself (done with IM, OBGYGYN, PEAD and SURG half ) and i could not finish everything with in time... still need to do uw, kap, and usmle consult..so when would be appropriate to squeeze this in given months (i,e oct, nov,dec 2weeks.last week i am trying to give exam)

so should i start uw suscription or shall i wait for ist read to be done and read simultaneously....planning exam in dec??
good u still have enough time, if u used it efficiently.. 1st u have to make a decision regarding how many banks do u wanna subscribe in..for me i subscribed for 1 months kaplan qbank after a very rapid review even not for all branches from mtb ck and pediatrics from kaplan( didnot have time later on to review it) then i did about 40% of kaplan q bank with over all score about 63 to 65 (dont remember well) all this in less than 2 months(i work for more than 56 hours/week and didnot have enough time to study) after tht i had my cs exam then started again hard on ck for 2 months during which i did UW overall was 75( i did mtbck twice+ pediatrics and general surgery from mtb3)

u can start kaplan q bank while studying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Ace3 (09-30-2011)
  #56  
Old 09-30-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 88
Threads: 14
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
Got my step 2ck scores today 238(99).Very happy two months of study.Did not take up NBME. Studied kaplan, Harrisons,U world.Post MD(Gen MED) in india.Studying pediatrics and OBG was difficult for me had lost touch.
congratulationsss but ue got ur results on friday ..that is really weired hehe but anyway congratssss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #57  
Old 09-30-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 88
Threads: 14
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by confident View Post
thanks for sharing your exam experience....can you please tell how many days you took to done with reading ?? and when you took q bank suscription you were like revicing from same book or you used to revice from diffrerent book??...and how many readings you have done before exam.??


i am just getting done with 1st read itself (done with IM, OBGYGYN, PEAD and SURG half ) and i could not finish everything with in time... still need to do uw, kap, and usmle consult..so when would be appropriate to squeeze this in given months (i,e oct, nov,dec 2weeks.last week i am trying to give exam)

so should i start uw suscription or shall i wait for ist read to be done and read simultaneously....planning exam in dec??

your advice will be useful.

good u still have enough time, if u used it efficiently.. 1st u have to make a decision regarding how many banks do u wanna subscribe in..for me i subscribed for 1 months kaplan qbank after a very rapid review even not for all branches from mtb ck and pediatrics from kaplan( didnot have time later on to review it) then i did about 40% of kaplan q bank with over all score about 63 to 65 (dont remember well) all this in less than 2 months(i work for more than 56 hours/week and didnot have enough time to study) after tht i had my cs exam then started again hard on ck for 2 months during which i did UW overall was 75( i did mtbck twice+ pediatrics and general surgery from mtb3)

u can start kaplan q bank while studying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Wednesday-Results-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
March 28th, 2012; Step 1 Exam Results Thread targetsept12 USMLE Step 1 Forum 53 05-27-2012 07:28 PM
March 28th, 2012; Step 2 CK Exam Results Thread inferno_eg USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 13 04-04-2012 12:47 AM
December 28th, 2011; Step 1 Exam Results Thread dr.iyad USMLE Step 1 Forum 18 01-08-2012 05:38 PM
December 28th, 2011; Step 3 Exam Results Thread medicine USMLE Step 3 Forum 1 12-21-2011 08:39 PM
October 12th, 2011; Step 1 Exam Results Thread IMGMDCLN USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 10-09-2011 08:49 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)