Really disappointing :( - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-06-2011
dr-ahmed's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 333
Threads: 61
Thanked 389 Times in 90 Posts
Reputation: 399
Default Really disappointing :(

I did first reading of Kaplan lecture notes + Kaplan DVDs + Kaplna Qbook +

Kaplna online Qbank (mean score 59%) + MTB twice

I just finished doing NBME 2

It was far below my expectations ,, I got 360 (equivalent to 80/197)

Please help me ,, I really don't know what to do ,, it's really really

disappointing

I need every honest advice at the moment ,,, I need some guiding steps from

you guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 10-06-2011
rooshy's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: CK+CS
Posts: 128
Threads: 16
Thanked 138 Times in 47 Posts
Reputation: 148
Default

you didn't do UW ! that's why !!

subscribe in UW online and do it.. and you will get your 99 inchAllah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
dr-ahmed (10-06-2011)
  #3  
Old 10-06-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 515
Threads: 88
Thanked 507 Times in 232 Posts
Reputation: 517
Default

Don't get upset, still you need to do UW, & may be twice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
dr-ahmed (10-06-2011)
 
  #4  
Old 10-06-2011
dr-ahmed's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 333
Threads: 61
Thanked 389 Times in 90 Posts
Reputation: 399
Default rooshy

Well rooshy ,, your words seem to be inspiring for me

u know why ?

Cause another friend told me the same ,, He told me you will do better when

you make the second reading followed by UW Q bank online

Really I hope you are both right ,, I'll do my best ,, and thanks for your

support ,,

If anyone else has an advice for me, don't hesitate telling me about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-06-2011
Ace3's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 735
Threads: 89
Thanked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Reputation: 301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-ahmed View Post
I did first reading of Kaplan lecture notes + Kaplan DVDs + Kaplna Qbook +

Kaplna online Qbank (mean score 59%) + MTB twice

I just finished doing NBME 2

It was far below my expectations ,, I got 360 (equivalent to 80/197)

Please help me ,, I really don't know what to do ,, it's really really

disappointing

I need every honest advice at the moment ,,, I need some guiding steps from

you guys

yes i too think same..you are going in correct way done reading, done with kap video, done with mtb....only remaining is uw...do it and score will definatly improve...

one q which nbme you did , is it offline or online and how long it took for you to do kaplan video and 1st read....since i am just behined you in reading..and if you had done nbme 3 or 4 ..they are considered hard so naturally will show low score...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-06-2011
dr-ahmed's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 333
Threads: 61
Thanked 389 Times in 90 Posts
Reputation: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by confident View Post
yes i too think same..you are going in correct way done reading, done with kap video, done with mtb....only remaining is uw...do it and score will definatly improve...

one q which nbme you did , is it offline or online and how long it took for you to do kaplan video and 1st read....since i am just behined you in reading..and if you had done nbme 3 or 4 ..they are considered hard so naturally will show low score...
Well ,, I did study part time due to my career load so I took a lot of time reading and watching the DVDs ,, for you I think doing 3-4 hrs of the DVDs per day would be suitable if you do full time study including reading the corresponding parts of the lecture notes.

I did NBME 2 ,, It was really easy ,, I felt I know most of the concepts in it ,, but you know something , may be it's the exhaustion as I began to lose my concentration starting from the 3rd block and this isn't good for the real exam cause this way I'll be dead by the end of the real one

My advice to you ,, Stick to your plan ,, make a plan with a timetable and make only minor modifications to it as you progress ,, and good luck for you in sha2 Allah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Ace3 (10-07-2011)
  #7  
Old 10-07-2011
Ace3's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 735
Threads: 89
Thanked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Reputation: 301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-ahmed View Post
Well ,, I did study part time due to my career load so I took a lot of time reading and watching the DVDs ,, for you I think doing 3-4 hrs of the DVDs per day would be suitable if you do full time study including reading the corresponding parts of the lecture notes.

I did NBME 2 ,, It was really easy ,, I felt I know most of the concepts in it ,, but you know something , may be it's the exhaustion as I began to lose my concentration starting from the 3rd block and this isn't good for the real exam cause this way I'll be dead by the end of the real one

My advice to you ,, Stick to your plan ,, make a plan with a timetable and make only minor modifications to it as you progress ,, and good luck for you in sha2 Allah

thank you so much for the inspiring words....i am already making plan to study ...as you say i just need to stick to plan....goodluck to you too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
dr-ahmed (10-07-2011)
  #8  
Old 10-07-2011
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 515
Threads: 88
Thanked 507 Times in 232 Posts
Reputation: 517
Default

I'm doing it like you part time, I'm full time employed. So we have to try to play with the time!!
My advice give your self more time, I mean prepare longer than others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
dr-ahmed (10-07-2011)
  #9  
Old 10-07-2011
Seetal's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 919
Threads: 134
Thanked 1,310 Times in 364 Posts
Reputation: 1333
Send a message via MSN to Seetal
Default yep uw is a must!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag2011n View Post
I'm doing it like you part time, I'm full time employed. So we have to try to play with the time!!
My advice give your self more time, I mean prepare longer than others.
i feel like i sail the same boat as u. im not full time employed but our schedule here is just so killing. i have to spend from 65 to 85 hrs a week in the hospital. i dont understand y they make students do so much of oncall. with the oncalls im not able to do my uw offline cos my laptop is soooooo huge. so i do made ridiculously easy reading (ive done kaplan some topics twice others once reading + MTB3 once reading) n i must say, the uw offline has helped me REALLY understand a lot of things!

im also doing NMS q-book (done kaplan q book and almost done with all of lange q book). the NMS q book is my favourite (because my score is so good... ). can anyone tell me if they have done NMS? is it of any good?

UW offline is hard at first but its best to do it twice (once offline, once online). then kaplan q bank too for sure. and then tackle the NBMEs a mth or 2 before the exam one a week till 2 weeks or 1 week before the exam. hopefully that works (for u dr ahmed and myself):sorry:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
dr-ahmed (10-07-2011)



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disappointing end to a LOT of Hard work! Dr_Kal_El USMLE Step 1 Forum 4 07-21-2011 05:54 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)