Don't Panic! CK is NOT as much hard as it is said - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-16-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 5
Threads: 1
Thanked 28 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default Don't Panic! CK is NOT as much hard as it is said

I just took my step 2 ck previous Thursday. Other than time management, I did not see any major obstacle for getting a good mark. I just read UW questions for 4 months, 10 hours a day and I think it was ENOUGH !
if you learn all explanations, you'll definitely be ready for at least 90% of questions. the other 10% are very difficult to be prepared for and do not worth wasting time for them.
Please never forget that tiring quote: MEDICINE IS AN ENDLESS SCIENCE!
Don't panic guys. that's OK !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
anu4usmle (01-04-2016), Bhoomi (09-16-2015), blackychen (09-16-2015), Burracuda (09-30-2015), Fereshteh (09-16-2015), invincible (01-11-2016), Jacqattack2015 (10-15-2015), medicinestar39 (09-30-2015), Pedro Rodrigo (09-16-2015), roopa.loveurlife (09-30-2015), study (09-16-2015), usimilar (09-16-2015), usmle1122 (10-01-2015), wa87el (09-30-2015), wuzzy (03-22-2016)



  #2  
Old 09-16-2015
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 147
Threads: 18
Thanked 49 Times in 30 Posts
Reputation: 59
Default

WOW--I really find some of these exam experiences and preparation really hard to believe.Just reading UW without reading anybook?

i believe passing the USMLE is a process.There are still many exams and even ultimately patients waiting for all of us ahead?


congrats anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Pedro Rodrigo (09-17-2015)
  #3  
Old 09-16-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 5
Threads: 1
Thanked 28 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Dear Dr tee
If you are talking about books like MTB of Kaplan, they are nothing but a summary of what you can easily find in the UW explanations.
if you multiply 2500 UW questions by at least 1.5 (books equivalent pages) you have a book of 3750 pages. ( all full of differentiating high-yield point). I am not advertising UW. I just wanted to share my real experience. Even Harrison's principle of medicine is 4000 pages. It is up to you to choose which source is the the best. I wonder how many pages you want to read to be ready for 2 CK. It does not matter how much you have read for this exam, what matter is that how much you can recall when you're taking the exam. In my opinion what makes you a better physician definitely is not books, it is your ability to integrate data with the ART of medicine.
However, if you want more I recommend UPTODATE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
vrunda@1109 (01-04-2016), wuzzy (03-22-2016)
  #4  
Old 09-17-2015
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 220
Threads: 43
Thanked 47 Times in 20 Posts
Reputation: 57
Default

Thanks for you opinion about exam....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 09-17-2015
Dr. KnifeHappy's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 165
Threads: 19
Thanked 179 Times in 69 Posts
Reputation: 189
Default I beg to differ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omid7614 View Post
I just took my step 2 ck previous Thursday. Other than time management, I did not see any major obstacle for getting a good mark. I just read UW questions for 4 months, 10 hours a day and I think it was ENOUGH !
if you learn all explanations, you'll definitely be ready for at least 90% of questions. the other 10% are very difficult to be prepared for and do not worth wasting time for them.
Please never forget that tiring quote: MEDICINE IS AN ENDLESS SCIENCE!
Don't panic guys. that's OK !

Omid, thanks for your encouraging post, and I know your post was intended to motivate individuals going through the studying process. but I must add "READERS PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS EXAM AS A JOKE". As a recent Step 2 ck taker who recently just passed, Though I think uworld is very very important, do not go into the exam thinking uworld will save you.
I guess my exam was part of the new question pool, and it tested things I have never seen before, and based on the results, a lot of people are failing based on the new question pool.

Step 2ck is definitely not as easy as people think, in my opinion it has become the hardest of all the step exams. Please take it very seriously. I know the amount of work it took for me to pass, and I just thank God because it could have been the other way round.
__________________
~When FEAR knocks, let FAITH answer the door.~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Pedro Rodrigo (09-17-2015), wuzzy (03-22-2016)
  #6  
Old 09-17-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 5
Threads: 1
Thanked 28 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Dear Dr Knife, it is possible for different people to have different experiences of an exam. I did not want to express CK as a joke! Of course it is hard, since medicine is hard and this is the reason why not everybody is able to become a physician. But let me kindly disagree with you. I think Ck is not as much hard as you said. I still believe the hardest part is step 1.
Thanks for your reply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Pedro Rodrigo (09-17-2015), vrunda@1109 (01-04-2016)
  #7  
Old 09-17-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 72
Threads: 4
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Reputation: 21
Default

As someone who failed by a couple of points and was getting 220 on NBME and UWSA, I suggest anyone who is taking this exam to take it only when their practice tests are atleast in the high 230s, esp with regards to to UWSA. Anything less is a risk. I have read on this board and SDN that some people dropped 20 points from their UWSA.

Everyone I spoke to said NBME and UWSA under predict so I was expecting a decent score. The new pool of questions is tough, and tbh I think the averages were too high so they had to lower it. I am kissing goodbye to Neuro as a potential career choice and since things will be getting tougher and tougher in U.S., I will do my Canadian exams an try there as well (as I am a citizen).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 09-30-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 5
Threads: 1
Thanked 28 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

just received my score:
250
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Burracuda (09-30-2015), drjds (09-15-2016), medicinestar39 (09-30-2015), Tony Stark (01-05-2016), wuzzy (03-22-2016)
  #9  
Old 09-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 26
Threads: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Congratulitions and thank you for the encouraging post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
medicinestar39 (09-30-2015), Omid7614 (09-30-2015)
  #10  
Old 09-30-2015
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 147
Threads: 18
Thanked 49 Times in 30 Posts
Reputation: 59
Default

anybody who follows such scores and exam experiences is doomed to fail.
Just believe in yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 09-30-2015
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 127
Threads: 32
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 29
Default

Congrats dear
I will try to worship UWorld
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 10-01-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 5
Threads: 1
Thanked 28 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr tee View Post
anybody who follows such scores and exam experiences is doomed to fail.
Just believe in yourself.
Dear Dr. Tee,
I don't know why are you trying this much to discourage others ! I took this exam 3 weeks ago and felt it was almost the same as what I had experienced in Uworld and UWSA. I don't know why are you trying to send this signal that what I am saying is not true!
Don't we write our experiences here to help others ? Do we want to mislead our colleagues? why?
I had never posted anything in this blog. I did it for the first time just to return the help of those whose comments here helped me achieve my intended score. this is a chain, others helped me and I should do the same!
Please do not mislead others.

Best of luck

Last edited by Omid7614; 10-01-2015 at 01:39 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
blackychen (10-01-2015), drjds (09-15-2016), vrunda@1109 (01-04-2016), wuzzy (03-22-2016)
  #13  
Old 10-01-2015
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 147
Threads: 18
Thanked 49 Times in 30 Posts
Reputation: 59
Default

the approach to this exam is simple

1]understand the material tested well.

2]do as much questions as you can on question banks

3]prepare for your stamina and time mgt.

the best ever score claim by someone online in a forum i have read was like 286,this person said he watched just the videos.I don't doubt such scores and experiences,people have different background coming into this exam.

soo many people used same methods either failed or did not have such high scores and are not posting experiences to warn.

Thanks again,but as an IMG i know what i have to do.

Last edited by dr tee; 10-02-2015 at 04:51 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 01-04-2016
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 16
Threads: 6
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omid7614 View Post
I just took my step 2 ck previous Thursday. Other than time management, I did not see any major obstacle for getting a good mark. I just read UW questions for 4 months, 10 hours a day and I think it was ENOUGH !
if you learn all explanations, you'll definitely be ready for at least 90% of questions. the other 10% are very difficult to be prepared for and do not worth wasting time for them.
Please never forget that tiring quote: MEDICINE IS AN ENDLESS SCIENCE!
Don't panic guys. that's OK !
you are absolutely right.. if you know everything in uworld you sure as hell will get 240+..
congrats for a good score.. how much did you score in your practice test??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dont' Panic, You CAN DO IT nepb USMLE Step 1 Forum 19 07-03-2016 10:24 AM
panic!!! monaliusmle USMLE Step 1 Forum 0 12-21-2014 11:36 PM
panic tachycardia USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 11-20-2014 05:36 PM
Don't worry about it folks. wrong area don't know how to delete the post waynemdmd USMLE Step 1 Forum 0 02-21-2014 07:10 PM
Panic. In deep S... USMLE Step 1 Forum 4 06-27-2010 09:30 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)