Why is the CK Forum so dead? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-12-2012
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 235 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 245
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Question Why is the CK Forum so dead?

I just started CK prep and I am not linking the CK forum! why is it so dead?? why there is only tyagee making an effort to keep it alive. Is it because after step 1 we think we are good enough to post on this forum! we need more threads now and then. I need ways to keep myself off facebook! lol

WAKEUPPP GUYSSSS!!!
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
aiminghigh (04-12-2012), ispy (04-16-2012), usmledee (04-12-2012)



  #2  
Old 04-12-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 99
Threads: 27
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Reputation: 81
Default

I agree. I am in the same boat as you shyangel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 04-12-2012
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 235 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 245
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Default

ahan. so lets make this place a better time pass!!
whens ur exam?? i plan to take it mid August.
plus we were in Step1forums around the same time. how was ur exam?
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 04-12-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 99
Threads: 27
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Reputation: 81
Default

Yeah my exam is in july end.Still not able to figure out how i am gona finish it in 3.5months.Doing IM from KLN.Thinking of subscribing for UW with the first read..don't know whether its a good idea or not.step 1 experience was fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 04-13-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 99
Threads: 27
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 20
Help Exam in 4 months

I need to start studying within next 3-4 days but I am not sure where to start :S Can people share their experience about what resources did they find most useful because I am very short on time and I am aiming for 250+
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-13-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 61
Threads: 7
Thanked 81 Times in 32 Posts
Reputation: 91
Default

I think its coz most of us finish off with ck in 4-6 months tops!hence less time to interact on this specific forum. Step1 usually takes 8-10 months hence more posts n more interesting stuff..as far as ck is concerned i think most of the 250+ experiences and difficult q's are already being updated. Also ck has fewer reliable q banks...

just a thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 04-13-2012
K06100's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 730
Threads: 90
Thanked 456 Times in 289 Posts
Reputation: 466
Default finding difficult to start after step 1

after step 1 I enjoyed so much that now m finding difficult to start CK prep......
want to give exam in about 4-5 months....i dont know from where i shud start my prep.....which subject shud be started 1st ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 04-14-2012
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 235 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 245
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaja View Post
I need to start studying within next 3-4 days but I am not sure where to start :S Can people share their experience about what resources did they find most useful because I am very short on time and I am aiming for 250+
if u r short on time, id suggest start with Kaplan LN. then do Kaplan Qbank with MTB! and then follow with UW. MTB and qbanks are the keyy! wen do u plan to take the exam?
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 04-14-2012
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 235 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 245
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiminghigh View Post
Yeah my exam is in july end.Still not able to figure out how i am gona finish it in 3.5months.Doing IM from KLN.Thinking of subscribing for UW with the first read..don't know whether its a good idea or not.step 1 experience was fine.
even im planning to reschedule up my exam and try my best to take it end of july. im brushing through the Kaplan Videos and LN at the moment. subscribing to qbank is a good idea. only that id do Kaplan Qbank first then keep UW later for assesment.that way ill reinforce my LN with KaplanQBank. but i plan to take once am done with Kaplan LN. that way ill focus more on MTB and qbank and all the HY info. sounds good?
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 04-14-2012
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 235 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 245
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman_purav View Post
I think its coz most of us finish off with ck in 4-6 months tops!hence less time to interact on this specific forum. Step1 usually takes 8-10 months hence more posts n more interesting stuff..as far as ck is concerned i think most of the 250+ experiences and difficult q's are already being updated. Also ck has fewer reliable q banks...

just a thought
yes i agree. what do u mean?? fewers reliable qbanks?? i thot UW was equally good!!
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 04-14-2012
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 235 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 245
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K06100 View Post
after step 1 I enjoyed so much that now m finding difficult to start CK prep......
want to give exam in about 4-5 months....i dont know from where i shud start my prep.....which subject shud be started 1st ???
i guess its the same for evryoe. it took me 2 weeks to jus get to the 'idea' of studying. anywho, start iwth IM! for sure! Cardiology preferably. or follow the Sequence in MTB index! goodluck
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
K06100 (04-14-2012)
  #12  
Old 04-14-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 61
Threads: 7
Thanked 81 Times in 32 Posts
Reputation: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyangel18 View Post
yes i agree. what do u mean?? fewers reliable qbanks?? i thot UW was equally good!!
i meant most ppl use kaplan and uworld qbanks for step2ck..whereas step1 had so many qbanks!! kaplan, uworld, usmlerx, n etc etc...also ders jus 4 nbmes for ck
and the worst part is none of the nbmes predict the score accurately..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
K06100 (04-14-2012), shyangel18 (04-14-2012)
  #13  
Old 04-14-2012
K06100's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 730
Threads: 90
Thanked 456 Times in 289 Posts
Reputation: 466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyangel18 View Post
i guess its the same for evryoe. it took me 2 weeks to jus get to the 'idea' of studying. anywho, start iwth IM! for sure! Cardiology preferably. or follow the Sequence in MTB index! goodluck
yep...u r rite.....have to start with IM as its the only lengthy book among KLN.....rest of the KLN books r like its babies.......lol.....how much time do u think will be good enough to complete kaplan IM ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 04-14-2012
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 235 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 245
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K06100 View Post
yep...u r rite.....have to start with IM as its the only lengthy book among KLN.....rest of the KLN books r like its babies.......lol.....how much time do u think will be good enough to complete kaplan IM ????
i think about 20days is good if u r going to watch Kaplan Videos and in the right speed!
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
K06100 (04-14-2012)
  #15  
Old 04-14-2012
K06100's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 730
Threads: 90
Thanked 456 Times in 289 Posts
Reputation: 466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyangel18 View Post
i think about 20days is good if u r going to watch Kaplan Videos and in the right speed!

hmmm......u mean to say about 20 pages a day .....plus kaplan videos.....!!!
how much r u done with ur prep....????and what materials r u using?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 04-14-2012
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 235 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 245
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K06100 View Post
hmmm......u mean to say about 20 pages a day .....plus kaplan videos.....!!!
how much r u done with ur prep....????and what materials r u using?????
i cant say the number of pages for sure. but it all depends on how many hrz ur studyig. these days i hav an observerhsip going on. so im not able to study as much. i just started off. almost 2 weeks. im basically rushing thru Kaplan LN at the moment. so that i can start my Kaplan Qbank asap. and then learn alongwith. im planning to use Kaplan LN MTB2 and3 for obs gynae. and kaplan qbank and UW. all this in so less time .
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
K06100 (04-14-2012)
  #17  
Old 04-14-2012
K06100's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 730
Threads: 90
Thanked 456 Times in 289 Posts
Reputation: 466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyangel18 View Post
i cant say the number of pages for sure. but it all depends on how many hrz ur studyig. these days i hav an observerhsip going on. so im not able to study as much. i just started off. almost 2 weeks. im basically rushing thru Kaplan LN at the moment. so that i can start my Kaplan Qbank asap. and then learn alongwith. im planning to use Kaplan LN MTB2 and3 for obs gynae. and kaplan qbank and UW. all this in so less time .

thanx....
I have read a few pages of IM .....started endocrinology.....found it tough esp.the diagnosis part and treatment part...my question is do I have to memorize the diagnosis and treatment part......?????also I found m lacking concentration easily ,may be due to my 1st day of prep......

And what is MTB 2 and 3???I have heard only about kaplanmedical master the boards by conrad fisher...is MTB 2 and 3 different from this one?????
__________________
Try Not To Become A Man Of Success But A Man Of Value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 04-14-2012
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 235 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 245
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Default

Yup mtb stands for MASTER THR BOARDS! same thing! And i did endo few pages yest. I sint find it tough isnt it same as step1. Lile t/m fpr hyperprolactinema. Bromocriptine n all i mean i dunno or may b m js being over confident :S seriosuly m not that smart tho.
N ya its def cuz its the first day. I hav ADHD myself. Lol. Attention span i few msecs. Dontworry it will get bettr.jis keep goingg.
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
K06100 (04-14-2012)
  #19  
Old 04-14-2012
K06100's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 730
Threads: 90
Thanked 456 Times in 289 Posts
Reputation: 466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyangel18 View Post
Yup mtb stands for MASTER THR BOARDS! same thing! And i did endo few pages yest. I sint find it tough isnt it same as step1. Lile t/m fpr hyperprolactinema. Bromocriptine n all i mean i dunno or may b m js being over confident :S seriosuly m not that smart tho.
N ya its def cuz its the first day. I hav ADHD myself. Lol. Attention span i few msecs. Dontworry it will get bettr.jis keep goingg.


I mean to say they have written diagnosis and treatment part in detail as compared to step 1......etiology and clinical features part is same......m actually having difficulty at grasping so i wanted to discuss it .....anyways thanx....!!!
__________________
Try Not To Become A Man Of Success But A Man Of Value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20  
Old 04-15-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 342
Threads: 50
Thanked 197 Times in 103 Posts
Reputation: 207
Default

do we have better book for medicine,,like in step 1 we have goljan for patho,or KLN is enough for medicine . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 04-16-2012
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 235 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 245
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zohaib View Post
do we have better book for medicine,,like in step 1 we have goljan for patho,or KLN is enough for medicine . .
Step Up 2 medicine!
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
zohaib (04-16-2012)
  #22  
Old 04-16-2012
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 342
Threads: 50
Thanked 197 Times in 103 Posts
Reputation: 207
Default

have you read it?shyangel / /can i skip kaplan medicine for step up 2 medicine . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 04-16-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 99
Threads: 27
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Reputation: 81
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyangel18 View Post
even im planning to reschedule up my exam and try my best to take it end of july. im brushing through the Kaplan Videos and LN at the moment. subscribing to qbank is a good idea. only that id do Kaplan Qbank first then keep UW later for assesment.that way ill reinforce my LN with KaplanQBank. but i plan to take once am done with Kaplan LN. that way ill focus more on MTB and qbank and all the HY info. sounds good?

Yeah your plan sounds good.All the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 04-16-2012
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 235 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 245
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zohaib View Post
have you read it?shyangel / /can i skip kaplan medicine for step up 2 medicine . .
nope u cant!! Kaplan Med is MUST. do steup2 med only if u r overefficient.which u r ! lol
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25  
Old 04-17-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 99
Threads: 27
Thanked 71 Times in 31 Posts
Reputation: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zohaib View Post
do we have better book for medicine,,like in step 1 we have goljan for patho,or KLN is enough for medicine . .

I am reading KLN for IM & it is very well written..supplement it with kaplan videos & Qbank..that should be enough.
It depends how much time do u have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #26  
Old 04-17-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 99
Threads: 27
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 20
Default Kaplan vids

Hey what do you guys think about kaplan vids for OB/GYN?
Do i HAVE to watch those? or reading book is enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Step-2-CK-Preparation

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**** this Forum Dr_Swagg Members Feedback 26 11-11-2012 09:52 AM
New at Forum newbee USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 04-07-2012 01:32 PM
Why I like this forum Pav10 Members Feedback 1 06-20-2011 06:20 PM
Brain Dead with a donation card yet the family refused tinhi USMLE Step 1 Forum 19 05-28-2011 11:12 AM
best forum ever futureharvard Members Feedback 5 04-04-2011 04:02 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)