Just want to clear the concept:
- after loss of some loved person
- usually < 6 months and can extend to 1 yr
- can see or hear the person(?)
- no loss of functional capability
- just reassurance and psychotherapy(?)
2) Complicated Grief
- after loss of someone
- symptoms of depression SIGEMCAPS at least 2 weeks
- loss of functional capability
- if grief is > 1 yr
- rx- SSRI + psycho therapy
1st doubt: Is complicated grief same as major depression?
2nd doubt: Is pathological bereavement same as complicated grief
3rd doubt: If hallucinations are present as in seeing or hearing the person in depression does it qualify as depression with psychosis?