Low NBME Score - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-29-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 11
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Help Low NBME Score

Hi im really worried and could really use some advice! I took nbme 4 today and got 218/450. However 2 weeks before i took uwsa 1 and i got 224. So im really worried why the score went down instead of up.
I am aiming for 228+ and exam is in 9 days. Should i reschedule or is it still possible to improve 10 points?

Little bit about my prep, i have finished uworld almost twice. Cumulative is 75%
For the last month i have been doing mtb 2 n 3 combined. I just dont know what to do to improve cuz ive already gone through uworld twice. Any advice would be really appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 07-29-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,867
Threads: 149
Thanked 2,107 Times in 1,049 Posts
Reputation: 2127
Default

First of all there is no correlation between NBME and USWA scores.
Anyway, there is not much difference between those scores (not statistically significant).
Secondly, NBME 4 score of 218 is good enough for your target score of 228+ since most people get about 10+ more than their NBME score.
Thirdly (and most importantly) your UW average is very good. In fact, based on your UW score you should get 250+.
So you have nothing to worry about and still have 9 days to revise UW MTBs etc.
Most importantly, you need to relax since it might affect your performance on the test. Otherwise you are well prepared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-29-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 11
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novobiocin View Post
First of all there is no correlation between NBME and USWA scores.
Anyway, there is not much difference between those scores (not statistically significant).
Secondly, NBME 4 score of 218 is good enough for your target score of 228+ since most people get about 10+ more than their NBME score.
Thirdly (and most importantly) your UW average is very good. In fact, based on your UW score you should get 250+.
So you have nothing to worry about and still have 9 days to revise UW MTBs etc.
Most importantly, you need to relax since it might affect your performance on the test. Otherwise you are well prepared.
Thanks for your reply! You're right i really shouldnt be panicking cuz my main issue is that i get very tired during 4 hour nbme n brain starts shutting, so i really have to build my stamina somehow for the actual exam. I will be finished with all of uworld Twice soon. So for the next 10 days do you think i should go over the uworld again or concentrate on only mtb?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 07-29-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,867
Threads: 149
Thanked 2,107 Times in 1,049 Posts
Reputation: 2127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonii_h View Post
Thanks for your reply! You're right i really shouldnt be panicking cuz my main issue is that i get very tired during 4 hour nbme n brain starts shutting, so i really have to build my stamina somehow for the actual exam. I will be finished with all of uworld Twice soon. So for the next 10 days do you think i should go over the uworld again or concentrate on only mtb?
Just the wrong/marked questions in UW (especially the one's you got right by chance/guessing) and MTB
Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
sonii_h (07-30-2012)
  #5  
Old 07-30-2012
shyangel18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 388
Threads: 48
Thanked 237 Times in 128 Posts
Reputation: 247
Send a message via MSN to shyangel18
Default

i dont know if u have enough time in hands, but id suggest reading KAplan IM again ( ie i fu have read it before so u r probably familiar with it ) especially for subjects u were weak in NBME! goodluck
__________________
Ppl come here to study n ponder
I am here to Excell like Thunder!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
mitsua (07-30-2012)
  #6  
Old 07-30-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 11
Threads: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyangel18 View Post
i dont know if u have enough time in hands, but id suggest reading KAplan IM again ( ie i fu have read it before so u r probably familiar with it ) especially for subjects u were weak in NBME! goodluck
Yeah ill go through on the weak topics. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
NBME-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Score dropped from NBME 6 to NBME 7 maria_d USMLE Step 1 Forum 13 06-14-2012 09:41 PM
Cant's translate good UW score into good NBME score! warriodoc USMLE Step 1 Forum 10 06-05-2012 08:05 PM
NBME 5 score vs. Real score noone_123i USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 7 05-11-2012 04:12 AM
NBME 5 score vs. Real score noone_123i USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 02-06-2011 05:13 PM
NBME 4 score of 78 usmleguy USMLE Step 1 Forum 6 08-18-2010 04:48 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)