DIT Step 2 - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     54,075 Members     235,778 Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-15-2012
Dr_Laura's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 499
Threads: 85
Thanked 518 Times in 220 Posts
Reputation: 528
Question DIT Step 2

Any thoughts on DIT for step 2?
Reply With Quote



  #2  
Old 08-15-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 851
Threads: 88
Thanked 667 Times in 374 Posts
Reputation: 677
Default

I did DIT step 2 it is not as good as it was for step 1 but good enough .However it gives u a false feeling that u remember stuff ,in fact few days after watching videos u r most likely to forget many things that were taught .

If u want to skip kaplan do a quick review of everything ,then DIT step 2 is very good .However it should be clubbed with lots n lots of questions coz Step 2 is about concepts and not rote memorization .
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 255
Threads: 8
Thanked 288 Times in 130 Posts
Reputation: 308
Send a message via MSN to Nouman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_enhancer View Post
I did DIT step 2 it is not as good as it was for step 1 but good enough .However it gives u a false feeling that u remember stuff ,in fact few days after watching videos u r most likely to forget many things that were taught .

If u want to skip kaplan do a quick review of everything ,then DIT step 2 is very good .However it should be clubbed with lots n lots of questions coz Step 2 is about concepts and not rote memorization .
Should I stopped downloading it ?! And Should I watch KAPLAN videos instead of DIT?!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2012
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 851
Threads: 88
Thanked 667 Times in 374 Posts
Reputation: 677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouman View Post
Should I stopped downloading it ?! And Should I watch KAPLAN videos instead of DIT?!
Kaplan videos are tooo long .Do it if u have time .i like DIT better coz it makes u revise large amount of syllabus in a short time .after step 1 i am having kind of ADHD so i like a quick review ,so that i can go on with Questions.
I would say try both of them (since u r downloading ) and make a plan that suits u.everyone is different and i havent taken the test yet .
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-16-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 255
Threads: 8
Thanked 288 Times in 130 Posts
Reputation: 308
Send a message via MSN to Nouman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_enhancer View Post
Kaplan videos are tooo long .Do it if u have time .i like DIT better coz it makes u revise large amount of syllabus in a short time .after step 1 i am having kind of ADHD so i like a quick review ,so that i can go on with Questions.
I would say try both of them (since u r downloading ) and make a plan that suits u.everyone is different and i havent taken the test yet .
Done downloading. Well I dont have much time. I am planning to take it in December. But seriously I have lost all my focus and attention. I dont even feel like studying anymore! :|
Reply With Quote



Reply

Tags
Doctors-In-Training

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)