akshaya.amc Step 2 CK Experience -242 - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-08-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 54
Threads: 7
Thanked 32 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 42
Smile akshaya.amc Step 2 CK Experience -242

Hello friends! I am finally done with CK and got my result this wednesday.
I prepared for 5 months, with my 8 months old baby at home with the help of my husband and in laws .

Materials used: KLN IM videos, text for IM, MTB 2&3 for the rest of the subjects
Q bank: U world
Assessments: NBME 4(5 weeks before) 218
NBME 2 (3 weeks before) 221
UWSA (1 week before) 252
USMLECD(2 days b4)80,88,88

Exam day: I couldn't have a good night's sleep due to anxiety. I felt very sleepy on the exam day and i took a break after every block(the best thing i ever did) and had some dark chocolate, tea,coke and quinuoa. I could manage time with every block well. Mostly, i found the lengthiest questions in the mid of the block say around no. 23 and i would stop there and do the questions in reverse order from the last one. I had 42/43 q in the first 7 blocks and 36 q in the last block. UW is highly effective for the prep.

I thank the forum members for the support and sharing their experiences. Good luck everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
aknz (03-08-2013), Alireza2534 (05-17-2013), anoushay khan (03-09-2013), Brainiac (03-08-2013), dr.Zh (03-09-2013), drjds (09-15-2016), eveli55 (03-14-2013), excellence (05-20-2015), geo82 (03-09-2013), Neuroman (06-07-2013), oraiby (03-08-2013), shaan.medico (03-13-2013), sonami (03-08-2013), StepIn (03-09-2013), water (03-09-2013)



  #2  
Old 03-08-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 81
Threads: 6
Thanked 68 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 78
Default

congratulations . ..... on finishing this exam with a great score

question ..... what was ur U WORLD percentage ?
and is this ur first step or ur done with step 1

again congratulations and best of luck with yoour next exams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
akshaya.amc (03-08-2013)
  #3  
Old 03-08-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 64
Threads: 3
Thanked 61 Times in 29 Posts
Reputation: 71
Default

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience. I know it is huge achievement with a baby,very encouraging for all moms over there.
I am also woundering is it your first step or you have done step 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
akshaya.amc (03-08-2013)
  #4  
Old 03-08-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 54
Threads: 7
Thanked 32 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oraiby View Post
congratulations . ..... on finishing this exam with a great score mashallah

question ..... what was ur U WORLD percentage ?
and is this ur first step or ur done with step 1

again congratulations and best of luck with yoour next exams
Thanks a ton Yeah, i am done with step 1.

CS is waiting for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
oraiby (03-09-2013)
  #5  
Old 03-08-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 623
Threads: 111
Thanked 424 Times in 264 Posts
Reputation: 434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaya.amc View Post
Hello friends! I am finally done with CK and got my result this wednesday.
I prepared for 5 months, with my 8 months old baby at home with the help of my husband and in laws .

Materials used: KLN IM videos, text for IM, MTB 2&3 for the rest of the subjects
Q bank: U world
Assessments: NBME 4(5 weeks before) 218
NBME 2 (3 weeks before) 221
UWSA (1 week before) 252
USMLECD(2 days b4)80,88,88

Exam day: I couldn't have a good night's sleep due to anxiety. I felt very sleepy on the exam day and i took a break after every block(the best thing i ever did) and had some dark chocolate, tea,coke and quinuoa. I could manage time with every block well. Mostly, i found the lengthiest questions in the mid of the block say around no. 23 and i would stop there and do the questions in reverse order from the last one. I had 42/43 q in the first 7 blocks and 36 q in the last block. UW is highly effective for the prep.

I thank the forum members for the support and sharing their experiences. Good luck everyone
Congratulations.........passing through same situation,prep with my 4 months old baby.......exam in few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 03-08-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 54
Threads: 7
Thanked 32 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaya.amc View Post
Thanks a ton Yeah, i am done with step 1.

CS is waiting for me!
My aggregate in UW was 73%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
oraiby (03-09-2013)
  #7  
Old 03-08-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 54
Threads: 7
Thanked 32 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknz View Post
Congratulations.........passing through same situation,prep with my 4 months old baby.......exam in few days.
Thanks so much! All the best for your exam..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 03-09-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 76
Threads: 19
Thanked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 40
Default

Congrats on your score! Doing this with a baby is something deserves respect .

So i want to ask if you think mtb2+3 are enough for other subjects because i kinda want to go through the same plan you made?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
akshaya.amc (03-10-2013)
  #9  
Old 03-11-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 54
Threads: 7
Thanked 32 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey View Post
Congrats on your score! Doing this with a baby is something deserves respect .

So i want to ask if you think mtb2+3 are enough for other subjects because i kinda want to go through the same plan you made?
Thank you so much..
i found that ped and psychiatry were fine.
Surgery: i read 1st two topics(clinical ignettes) in kln text
obg/gyn: depends upon ur memory of what you read in ur grad.. if u feel that you need to read more, yes go for the kln ln.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 03-11-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: CK Only
Posts: 145
Threads: 5
Thanked 141 Times in 79 Posts
Reputation: 151
Default

Congratulations Its a huge achievement. Getting such a score with a baby to look after. Best of luck for whats next
__________________
I am not telling you it will be easy. I'm telling you it will be Worth It!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 03-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 54
Threads: 7
Thanked 32 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Congratulations Its a huge achievement. Getting such a score with a baby to look after. Best of luck for whats next
Thanks so much good luck to you as we'll..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Brainiac (03-12-2013)
  #12  
Old 03-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 87
Threads: 13
Thanked 82 Times in 37 Posts
Reputation: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaya.amc View Post
Thanks so much good luck to you as we'll..

Congratulations!!!

Have a question for you: What was your average like for the last 8-10 blocks of UW? Also, did you do UW twice?

Thank you and congratulations once again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 03-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 54
Threads: 7
Thanked 32 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMLE234 View Post
Congratulations!!!

Have a question for you: What was your average like for the last 8-10 blocks of UW? Also, did you do UW twice?

Thank you and congratulations once again
Thank you so much for the kind wishes!
I didn't do the qs in random mode..
I chose to do subject wise, actually topic wise and gradually increased my score from low 60s to low 80s.My score depends on the subject i do
Yeah, i did UW 2 and half times.
I didn't bother about the % while doing 2nd time..i got above 89.
Good luck for your endeavours
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
USMLE234 (03-12-2013)



Reply

Tags
Step-2-CK-Experience

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Step 1 experience 258/89 mayursn39 USMLE Step 1 Forum 29 11-26-2014 01:15 PM
Step 1 Experience...May help some sonu.agarwall USMLE Step 1 Forum 37 11-04-2014 02:57 AM
My Step 2 CS experience ag2011n USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 0 12-20-2012 09:47 AM
Step 1 228/83 experience coldsteel USMLE Step 1 Forum 4 12-05-2012 07:10 PM
done with step 1....my experience sachinkumar USMLE Step 1 Forum 20 06-21-2012 08:33 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)