Is 240 in step2 ck good score - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-02-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 134
Threads: 40
Thanked 37 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 47
USMLE Scores Is 240 in step2 ck good score

I got 240 in step 2 CK...is it good score?...i am confused....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
qaleq (03-21-2016)



  #2  
Old 10-02-2013
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 304
Threads: 48
Thanked 291 Times in 106 Posts
Reputation: 301
Default

don't mean no disrespect but this is a very foolish question. IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
doc007 (10-02-2013)
  #3  
Old 10-02-2013
XpaezX's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,216
Threads: 41
Thanked 1,316 Times in 706 Posts
Reputation: 1331
Default Not a chance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short View Post
I got 240 in step 2 CK...is it good score?...i am confused....

No.. IN fact is so mediocre you wont be able to apply to a competitive residency.. probably family medicine or psychiatry will take you.. But only the Midwest Montana programs that are located within uncommunicated valleys that have floods every rain season etc. etc. etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
DRIBO (10-02-2013)
  #4  
Old 10-02-2013
Step-step's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 309
Threads: 19
Thanked 117 Times in 85 Posts
Reputation: 127
Default

It's quite obvious that people are thinking you are fishing for compliments. But just in case if you didn't actually, truly, honest to God didn't know if its a good score or not... it's a good score. there you have it. go enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
qaleq (03-21-2016), Short (10-03-2013)
  #5  
Old 10-03-2013
Nino's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 60
Threads: 9
Thanked 67 Times in 23 Posts
Reputation: 77
Default

Hi Short! 240 Sounds good! You should be happy with it. Why wouldn't you think it's a good score. Was there something anyone said to you about it?

To XpaezX and Obinocle, chill out guys. I'm not sure sarcasm is the way to go here. Probably this guy has real reasons for asking this question and you guys put him down possibly making him feel worse. This forum is filled with a diverse group of people with varying age ranges and levels of maturity so sometimes u need to rein in ur comments or heck, don't comment at all!

I'll have u know that with the way people put up their 250s and 260s on this forum, I don't really blame anyone who feels underachieved with a lower score.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
aamr (06-25-2015), adipa (07-11-2014), chrisabdur (10-03-2013), gassem89 (12-18-2013), Gikson (10-03-2013), r0ck_s0lid (10-04-2013), shilpapraveen (10-03-2013), Short (10-03-2013), swwal (10-06-2013), veela2792 (09-03-2015), zephyr18 (12-23-2013)
  #6  
Old 10-03-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 134
Threads: 40
Thanked 37 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino View Post
Hi Short! 240 Sounds good! You should be happy with it. Why wouldn't you think it's a good score. Was there something anyone said to you about it?

To XpaezX and Obinocle, chill out guys. I'm not sure sarcasm is the way to go here. Probably this guy has real reasons for asking this question and you guys put him down possibly making him feel worse. This forum is filled with a diverse group of people with varying age ranges and levels of maturity so sometimes u need to rein in ur comments or heck, don't comment at all!

I'll have u know that with the way people put up their 250s and 260s on this forum, I don't really blame anyone who feels underachieved with a lower score.
Thanks Nino...thats exactly what I thought...when I see ppl with 250 and 260, I got little depressed?.....no hard feelings for anyone else...Ppl can be frank with me and I respect every ones opinion....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-03-2013
XpaezX's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,216
Threads: 41
Thanked 1,316 Times in 706 Posts
Reputation: 1331
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short View Post
Thanks Nino...thats exactly what I thought...when I see ppl with 250 and 260, I got little depressed?.....no hard feelings for anyone else...Ppl can be frank with me and I respect every ones opinion....
I didnt mean to be offensive but someone that has done at least one USMLE exam should know by now what a good score is.. It doesnt require science nor logic at all because this is based on numbers only.

Several threads have been opened in all subforums asking for the same question, when you have in your score report a mean and you are above that mean logic will tell you you did good right?

There is no need to ask these questions on the first place, only if you are a beginner in the USMLE process and have not had any interaction with materials, residency charts and such are these questions allowed.

Also bear in mind the "SEARCH" button exists for a reason, when people ask a question again and again and again without even taking 2 seconds to see if it has been answered that means they are lazy and that pisses me off.

250's and 260's should not let a 240 feel down, because if you are feeling depressed when comparing your score with those then imagine how people that got LESS than you will feel? you are actually repeating the same thing that makes you feel bad.. So dont do it.

ANything above 230 in any step is considered a good score by most residency standards and by the NRMP match outcomes that are released every year (dont ask me for links, google that yourselves).

Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Sem4 (11-07-2013), Short (10-03-2013)
  #8  
Old 10-03-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 134
Threads: 40
Thanked 37 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpaezX View Post
I didnt mean to be offensive but someone that has done at least one USMLE exam should know by now what a good score is.. It doesnt require science nor logic at all because this is based on numbers only.

Several threads have been opened in all subforums asking for the same question, when you have in your score report a mean and you are above that mean logic will tell you you did good right?

There is no need to ask these questions on the first place, only if you are a beginner in the USMLE process and have not had any interaction with materials, residency charts and such are these questions allowed.

Also bear in mind the "SEARCH" button exists for a reason, when people ask a question again and again and again without even taking 2 seconds to see if it has been answered that means they are lazy and that pisses me off.

250's and 260's should not let a 240 feel down, because if you are feeling depressed when comparing your score with those then imagine how people that got LESS than you will feel? you are actually repeating the same thing that makes you feel bad.. So dont do it.

ANything above 230 in any step is considered a good score by most residency standards and by the NRMP match outcomes that are released every year (dont ask me for links, google that yourselves).

Peace
Thanks...I understood your point...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 10-03-2013
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 304
Threads: 48
Thanked 291 Times in 106 Posts
Reputation: 301
Default

well i suppose i have to apologize as well. but thiking about it, i kinda agree with xpaez. before short took this test he/she must have had an idea about what a "good score" is even b4 venturing into a prometric centre, and this is a ck forum so i'm assuming he/she's also taken step 1. so yea forgive me if i think asking if 240 is a good score on a test that people struggle to get into 220's range is not just a "gloat for attention" ....... but then again i may be wrong. so if i am. i truly apoligize for that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 10-03-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 134
Threads: 40
Thanked 37 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obinocle View Post
well i suppose i have to apologize as well. but thiking about it, i kinda agree with xpaez. before short took this test he/she must have had an idea about what a "good score" is even b4 venturing into a prometric centre, and this is a ck forum so i'm assuming he/she's also taken step 1. so yea forgive me if i think asking if 240 is a good score on a test that people struggle to get into 220's range is not just a "gloat for attention" ....... but then again i may be wrong. so if i am. i truly apoligize for that
I gave step2 directly....looking at result thread this month, I thought 240 is low since many are getting above 250....but now I am convinced that its a good score after reading all your comments..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 10-03-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 675
Threads: 84
Thanked 424 Times in 206 Posts
Reputation: 434
Default

Short...
Respect man. Nice and calm and to-the-point replies. Betting your going to be a great resident.
Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Short (10-03-2013)
  #12  
Old 10-03-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 134
Threads: 40
Thanked 37 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 47
Default

Infact I was planning for a residency in surgical speciality....so I was worried...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Step-2-CK-Experience, USMLE-Scores

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is a good score on CK glutamate USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 1 06-27-2013 10:05 AM
How to get a good score chrisabdur USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 0 03-21-2013 11:32 AM
Is 221/88 a good score? jagga97 USMLE Step 1 Forum 9 10-02-2012 10:47 PM
Cant's translate good UW score into good NBME score! warriodoc USMLE Step 1 Forum 10 06-05-2012 09:05 PM
Finally...Score back...228---98% on step2 :) Kais_MD USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 9 10-06-2011 03:42 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)