Failed Step 2 CK - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-05-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 10
Threads: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 17
Unhappy Failed Step 2 CK

I have no idea how this happened please give me advice I am really depressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 10-05-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 10
Threads: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

I am trying to start over yesterday I did a block random timed and got 64%
Is this even a failing score?
I ran out if time on the entire exam. I always finished my uw blocks even yesterday very comfortably.
Most blocks I had 5 questions remaining to answer. Do you guys think this is what did me in? I did not take a practice test before. There are certain areas way to the left and others way to the right. It seems like I really didn't study these subjects?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 10-05-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 161
Threads: 10
Thanked 76 Times in 55 Posts
Reputation: 89
Default

try nbme it is a better predictor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 10-05-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 10
Threads: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

Today's plan day 1/60
I'll take a practice test at the end of 60 days
study everyday for Atleast 12 hours.

Doing rheumatology Mtb + uw notes today and reviewing last nights block
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-05-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 957
Threads: 28
Thanked 1,407 Times in 517 Posts
Reputation: 1417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommysgirl View Post
I am trying to start over yesterday I did a block random timed and got 64%
Is this even a failing score?
I ran out if time on the entire exam. I always finished my uw blocks even yesterday very comfortably.
Most blocks I had 5 questions remaining to answer. Do you guys think this is what did me in? I did not take a practice test before. There are certain areas way to the left and others way to the right. It seems like I really didn't study these subjects?
time management is the main problem for CK as i see from experiences so try to manage time. if you didn't answer 5 questions in each block this is like 40 questions. also as Kaplan's behavioral guy said all questions count on CK. its not like step 1.
try to manage your time. begin from the beginning. do the practice tests for sure,. NBME and UWSA. dont risk to take exam without those assessments. you can join us on january thread. its good that you have already found courage and started to study again. Some people need quite amount of time and spirit to recover from failures. You have done it quickly, so keep that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Mommysgirl (10-05-2013)
  #6  
Old 10-05-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 116
Threads: 13
Thanked 48 Times in 37 Posts
Reputation: 58
Default

I definitely had a time problem too. Got 30 points below my UWSA , so its possible. So passed with lower than expected.
Definitely practice timed mode. Goodluck. And like Tamta said, its hard to recover quickly good for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Mommysgirl (10-05-2013)
  #7  
Old 10-05-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 10
Threads: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
time management is the main problem for CK as i see from experiences so try to manage time. if you didn't answer 5 questions in each block this is like 40 questions. also as Kaplan's behavioral guy said all questions count on CK. its not like step 1.
try to manage your time. begin from the beginning. do the practice tests for sure,. NBME and UWSA. dont risk to take exam without those assessments. you can join us on january thread. its good that you have already found courage and started to study again. Some people need quite amount of time and spirit to recover from failures. You have done it quickly, so keep that way.
I was really depressed for a very long time. And I ve never been so depressed in my entire life. I did not contact any friends, so I felt very lonely. I did not know what to do with myself. I was about to apply, I had plans. They all shattered with a score. I asked for simple things in life, love , happiness and they all doomed before my eyes. It was hard for me to hide it from people around me even strangers saw me and thought I would cry any second. Thankfully my mom supported me and saw the light in me, and now Im ok. I ll give it one last chance, and if that doesn't work, I have no Plan B, and I dont want to. Because I ve put everyone in my family through a lot and myself to be here, and beyond. I am giving myself this last chance. I know its being a little hard on myself, but that's life. They say there's a reason everything happens. I dont know the reason yet, but I ll be here to update my story and what happened to my plans so others will know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Bluescrubs (09-24-2014)
  #8  
Old 10-05-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 13
Threads: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default

Relax yourself first. Then make a good plan. I feel the quiz in real exam are much longer than UW and nbme. Train your speed. And do more quiz. Fully prepare yourself. That's the key. Good luck to you! Be brave, be strong! You will get there and get what you want!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
merci12 (10-06-2013)
  #9  
Old 10-06-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 70
Threads: 8
Thanked 46 Times in 28 Posts
Reputation: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommysgirl View Post
I was really depressed for a very long time. And I ve never been so depressed in my entire life. I did not contact any friends, so I felt very lonely. I did not know what to do with myself. I was about to apply, I had plans. They all shattered with a score. I asked for simple things in life, love , happiness and they all doomed before my eyes. It was hard for me to hide it from people around me even strangers saw me and thought I would cry any second. Thankfully my mom supported me and saw the light in me, and now Im ok. I ll give it one last chance, and if that doesn't work, I have no Plan B, and I dont want to. Because I ve put everyone in my family through a lot and myself to be here, and beyond. I am giving myself this last chance. I know its being a little hard on myself, but that's life. They say there's a reason everything happens. I dont know the reason yet, but I ll be here to update my story and what happened to my plans so others will know.
Same boat dear, it was so hard on my 2 children and husband, I cried non-stop for a week, my daughter cried with me too, they saw how hard I worked all to waste, I don't understand what God's plan is, now another 18 months almost to july 2015 to start residency, I don't know how this delay is advantageous for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 10-06-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 70
Threads: 8
Thanked 46 Times in 28 Posts
Reputation: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommysgirl View Post
Today's plan day 1/60
I'll take a practice test at the end of 60 days
study everyday for Atleast 12 hours.

Doing rheumatology Mtb + uw notes today and reviewing last nights block
please tell me how you recovered so fast, I'm coming to terms just today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 10-24-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 49
Threads: 18
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

I have the same experience,I failed ck2 and do not know why,i did it a few months ago, and now i am doing my best to pass it with high score,i really want your support
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ravie abozaid (10-25-2013)
  #12  
Old 10-24-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 27
Threads: 1
Thanked 27 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommysgirl View Post
I was really depressed for a very long time. And I ve never been so depressed in my entire life. I did not contact any friends, so I felt very lonely. I did not know what to do with myself. I was about to apply, I had plans. They all shattered with a score. I asked for simple things in life, love , happiness and they all doomed before my eyes. It was hard for me to hide it from people around me even strangers saw me and thought I would cry any second. Thankfully my mom supported me and saw the light in me, and now Im ok. I ll give it one last chance, and if that doesn't work, I have no Plan B, and I dont want to. Because I ve put everyone in my family through a lot and myself to be here, and beyond. I am giving myself this last chance. I know its being a little hard on myself, but that's life. They say there's a reason everything happens. I dont know the reason yet, but I ll be here to update my story and what happened to my plans so others will know.
I found out I failed in February of this year. I was utterly destroyed. I still am in some ways.

I'm sorry if I upset you with this post. Please know that I have nothing but love and sympathy for you... and though I may not know who you are,, I respect you enough to tell you the truth:

I'm not going to tell you that everything will be okay, because I honestly don't know if it will. What I will tell you is that even if you recover from this horrible feeling, it will come right back when your application goes out and you get rejection after rejection. That's what I'm going through right now.

Put your absolute best into your 2nd attempt. Do your clerkship at hospitals that have non-competitive residencies. You may have to settle for an undesirable program, but that is just what reality has become for us.

If nothing else, find some comfort in knowing that you are not alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Bluescrubs (09-24-2014), ravie abozaid (10-25-2013)
  #13  
Old 10-24-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 10
Threads: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

I tried to recover but its so hard.
Even thought about ending it all , but too weak for that. Plus met a sickle cell patient that fights for his life everyday .
I only hope and pray im on the right path this time. stay strong everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
DANI88 (10-24-2013), drjds (09-15-2016), ravie abozaid (10-25-2013)
  #14  
Old 10-25-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

I can feel each word your saying , I got 74 in my sc score and I am now start to recover , I will start again , life didn't stop with our first failure it obstacle .... I will keep going and I wish could I get a very high score to prove to myself first and the world that I can do it , plz encouge me guys , I need support and a partner I planed to go in jan or February wish me luck and I wish you all the best
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
DANI88 (10-25-2013)
  #15  
Old 10-25-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 49
Threads: 18
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

same experience ,will support each other,i am planing to take it within 2 mnth
good luck and thanks for support
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ravie abozaid (10-25-2013)



  #16  
Old 10-25-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Thanks Dan , I will try too to do it in 2 months , you can do it .... We need to work hard and plan wisely , give longer time for quiz training and usmle words and we will do it ... Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 03-24-2014
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default Same boat

I 've failed ck too (202) passin score become 203
and um lookin forword to retest isa
i wanna ask about chances in matching with attempt in ck???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 03-24-2014
Step-step's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 309
Threads: 19
Thanked 117 Times in 85 Posts
Reputation: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Salah View Post
I 've failed ck too (202) passin score become 203
and um lookin forword to retest isa
i wanna ask about chances in matching with attempt in ck???
what were your assessment scores?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 03-25-2014
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

unforunately i didnt take assessment test and that was a big mistake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Failed-Attempts

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Failed Step 2 CK :'( bossanova USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 12 09-16-2016 09:44 AM
Failed Step 1 MA123 USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 05-18-2013 11:45 PM
Failed Step 1 165/70 docgod USMLE Step 1 Forum 12 02-08-2013 10:37 AM
Failed Step 1 Twice pshah514 IMG Residency Match Forum 12 05-29-2012 04:51 AM
Failed CS and Step 1 payal1234 USMLE Step 1 Forum 0 04-04-2012 05:49 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)