Should we read everything in the qbank? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-11-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 37
Threads: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 17
Question Should we read everything in the qbank?

Reading everthing is time consuming. Reading the explanations to ALL questions is advisible? I have a lot of friends who ask the same question

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 11-11-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 956
Threads: 28
Thanked 1,399 Times in 516 Posts
Reputation: 1409
Default

Of course. Reading why wrong answers are wrong is of same value as reading why correct answer is correct to that question.

If you will have enough knowledge and be able to exclude all the wrong answers you will be left with correct one. So you can answer correctly even without knowing the correct answer.

If it was not time consuming we would not be doing uworld for 1 and 1/2 and even 2 months.
Explanations are the most important part of your preparation. This is the study tool that makes you able to answer questions on exam, not just answering questions by itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 11-11-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 37
Threads: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
Of course. Reading why wrong answers are wrong is of same value as reading why correct answer is correct to that question.

If you will have enough knowledge and be able to exclude all the wrong answers you will be left with correct one. So you can answer correctly even without knowing the correct answer.

If it was not time consuming we would not be doing uworld for 1 and 1/2 and even 2 months.
Explanations are the most important part of your preparation. This is the study tool that makes you able to answer questions on exam, not just answering questions by itself.
Thanks tamta! Im asking because doing uworld and kaplan would take like 4 months, if you read every explanation of the more than 4,000 questions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 11-11-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 956
Threads: 28
Thanked 1,399 Times in 516 Posts
Reputation: 1409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdlrv View Post
Thanks tamta! Im asking because doing uworld and kaplan would take like 4 months, if you read every explanation of the more than 4,000 questions
I did kaplan without explanations, do uworld woth explanations for sure 100%. About kaplan its your decision. Although keep in mind kaplan qs are most similiar in length with exam questions.
As a golden evidence based rule: its better to do one q bank very well then two banks and not giving enough time to explanations. People who did twice and very well u world got amazing scores without doing kaplan. So i hope you got main point what im trying to tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 11-11-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 37
Threads: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
I did kaplan without explanations, do uworld woth explanations for sure 100%. About kaplan its your decision. Although keep in mind kaplan qs are most similiar in length with exam questions.
As a golden evidence based rule: its better to do one q bank very well then two banks and not giving enough time to explanations. People who did twice and very well u world got amazing scores without doing kaplan. So i hope you got main point what im trying to tell you.
Yes, i got it! Thanks for your repply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Qbanks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kaplan qbank along with first read Safalpatel23 USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 12-27-2013 01:50 AM
second read , kap qbank , uw? madeha shahid USMLE Step 1 Forum 18 08-09-2012 12:53 AM
First read qbook/qbank averages? warfarin90 USMLE Step 1 Forum 0 03-04-2012 11:33 AM
qbank suggestion after first read justfree USMLE Step 1 Forum 0 10-10-2011 06:36 AM
Anyone used a Qbank before 1st read of FA heights USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 10-23-2010 05:30 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)