Last 23 days before CK! - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-30-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 128
Threads: 29
Thanked 77 Times in 34 Posts
Reputation: 87
Question Last 23 days before CK!

Hello, my friends! My exam will be on 24 december.
Couple days ago I took Nbme 4 and scored 235 (did some silly mistakes)
I watched Kaplan videos,
Read mtb 2/3 once
Finished UW once (71%)

My step 1 score is 244 so I thought that I can score on ck 250+

Now i read my uw notes, I plan to work on my uw wrong questions and do another NBME and UWSA for practice. And read some topics from mtb.

Any advice?
What u think, can i score 250+ on real deal or not?
Thanks in advance:-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 11-30-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 957
Threads: 28
Thanked 1,407 Times in 517 Posts
Reputation: 1417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallneve View Post
Hello, my friends! My exam will be on 24 december.
Couple days ago I took Nbme 4 and scored 235 (did some silly mistakes)
I watched Kaplan videos,
Read mtb 2/3 once
Finished UW once (71%)

My step 1 score is 244 so I thought that I can score on ck 250+

Now i read my uw notes, I plan to work on my uw wrong questions and do another NBME and UWSA for practice. And read some topics from mtb.

Any advice?
What u think, can i score 250+ on real deal or not?
Thanks in advance:-)
http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-st...xperience.html

he also scored 235 on NBME4. he will get his results soon.
i have same plans Uworld and mtb revision. and next NBME somewhere december 17-th. have not scheduled exam yet. got lower score than you on 4th 221. also made terrible mistakes. but my mind really was not working in usual way i dont know why
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
smallneve (11-30-2013)
  #3  
Old 11-30-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 128
Threads: 29
Thanked 77 Times in 34 Posts
Reputation: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-st...xperience.html

he also scored 235 on NBME4. he will get his results soon.
i have same plans Uworld and mtb revision. and next NBME somewhere december 17-th. have not scheduled exam yet. got lower score than you on 4th 221. also made terrible mistakes. but my mind really was not working in usual way i dont know why
Yes I read it:-) someone says that form 4 underestimates your score.
Someone says that it is most predictable:-)
So there is only one thing we can do (and its best action) - just keep calm and study:-)

I will try to take as much self asssessment exams as I can because i think that its good practice of our test taking skills. ( i thought it helped me during step 1 prep)

So, Tamta, just keep pushing and you will succed!

USMLE success depends on our mental/psychological abilities!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
tamta (11-30-2013)
 
  #4  
Old 11-30-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 957
Threads: 28
Thanked 1,407 Times in 517 Posts
Reputation: 1417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallneve View Post
Yes I read it:-) someone says that form 4 underestimates your score.
Someone says that it is most predictable:-)
So there is only one thing we can do (and its best action) - just keep calm and study:-)

I will try to take as much self asssessment exams as I can because i think that its good practice of our test taking skills. ( i thought it helped me during step 1 prep)

So, Tamta, just keep pushing and you will succed!

USMLE success depends on our mental/psychological abilities!
Agree self assessments really help you focus and feel the pressure. So lets do it.. We are totally sure in our mental psychological abilities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 12-01-2013
r0ck_s0lid's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 225
Threads: 9
Thanked 84 Times in 66 Posts
Reputation: 94
Default

My exam is on the 18th of dec I already finished Kaplan Qbank, MTB 2/3, UWorld once and I'm now planning to get a USMLERx subscription to practice 4 blocks a day till the exam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 12-01-2013
r0ck_s0lid's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 225
Threads: 9
Thanked 84 Times in 66 Posts
Reputation: 94
Default

or does anyone recommend USMLE consult instead of Rx plz I need your input...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 12-01-2013
mnos7i's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 32
Threads: 7
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ck_s0lid View Post
or does anyone recommend USMLE consult instead of Rx plz I need your input...
I recommend during uworld 2 or 3 times rather than both Rx and consult..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 12-01-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 128
Threads: 29
Thanked 77 Times in 34 Posts
Reputation: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnos7i View Post
I recommend during uworld 2 or 3 times rather than both Rx and consult..
I also think that its good idea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 12-01-2013
r0ck_s0lid's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 225
Threads: 9
Thanked 84 Times in 66 Posts
Reputation: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnos7i View Post
I recommend during uworld 2 or 3 times rather than both Rx and consult..
I think I'll have to disagree here there is no point of doing the same question over and over again once you get the concept, IMO, besides doing different questions improves your test taking strategy and the way you approach a concept you have been tested on previously. I redid the questions I answered incorrectly on UW and scored at least 90% on every single block, why redo the whole thing again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Step-2-CK-Preparation

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Last 11 days. What should I do? DrNitinArya USMLE Step 1 Forum 4 02-11-2013 03:45 AM
CK in 40 days ... possible ???? usman23 USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 7 07-03-2012 09:40 AM
What should I do in the next three days! surez18 USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 11 02-10-2012 09:19 AM
50 days to ck pari USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 1 03-12-2011 05:18 AM
4 days to go... ibur USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 19 12-22-2010 06:49 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)