Story of my 271! - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-05-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Experiences Story of my 271!

Hello again everyone,
As I mentioned in my step 1 experience, I'm not good with writing but still am gonna give it a try. I know everyone wants to score high and even I did but I don't really think people who score high are people who read a lot of books or did many Q-banks. Step 2 CK is anyways not much about knowledge, but more about the actual practice of medicine. So if I have any advice to give to you all it is "Please read every question as a different one and don't try to jump to the answer thinking you solved a similar question in U-world or Kaplan or anywhere"
If you do that you'll be good to go for the exam.

Now my experience:
I started studying in April after my step 1 results as I was hoping to take it in July. I had plans of taking CS in June. But things didn't work out the way I wanted and I wasted my May and June mourning,partying and getting my way out of the frustration. I started studying seriously in July. I also joined a job so that I don't feel like a totally useless person. But the job took its toll on me and slowed down my studies.

I read Kaplans Medicine thoroughly and annotated whatever was extra in MTB-2. I tried to mug up as much as I can in the first go itself. Took me a month but it was worth it. Completed everything else the same way in another month and a half. So I read Kaplan and MTB-2. For Gynae I read KLN only. Then I started UW and revising MTB-2. Sometimes I read a few things from First Aid for Step 1 as well like Glycogen storage diseases, Ethics, Epidemio etc. If you have time, do go through FA for Step 1. FA for step 2 CK is a nice revision book but isn't like that for step 1.

So along with UW (random, timed) I kept revising MTB-2. After completing UW and MTB revision, I took NBME 4 and it came 246. All I wanted was a score 240+ so I was confident now. My UW average was 81%.

Then I started my final phase. My final phase was pretty much like the one for my step 1. Reading anything I can, solving any question I get!!
I definitely read MTB-2 one more time and solved the entire UW again. Also, I read a lot of stuffs not in entirety but just random pages which interested me. FA for Step 2 CK isn't as bad as people say and go through it if you can!

Try to maintain a disciplined life like 10-15 days before exam! Eat well, sleep good. And do enjoy at time! I had diwali during my final phase and also Thor-2 released in my final phase itself. So I gave myself two days break but kept going the other days with full dedication.

Exam day: I reached center in time and started the test. It was really hot in there or maybe the questions were tough I completed my first block in 57 min. Barely revised my marked questions. And then I took a break. I freaked out. The questions were lengthy and time seemed less. But then I had a red bull, chocolates, water, washed my face etc etc and prayed to God for a 250+ score! Other blocks went pretty well. Drug ads did take time but I found it doable. I had 5-10 min left after every block. So test is really doable.

I think I have written everything. At least I have tried. If still someone has any query, I would be glad to answer.

All the best everyone!
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ace1 (03-23-2014), asmz34 (02-17-2014), babydoc (02-13-2014), ckapril14 (01-21-2014), ddaydreamer (12-07-2013), digoxin2013 (12-06-2013), DNA 105 (12-06-2013), docsdr (12-12-2013), drcalikila (12-06-2013), Gkh Fujuv (09-21-2014), ha_imanli (04-29-2014), ileum (01-30-2014), inspired (12-06-2013), Kmy22 (01-29-2014), KovachMarina (12-06-2013), MedicalExaminer (12-06-2013), Medman11 (01-02-2014), merci12 (12-16-2013), mulchandani161 (01-27-2014), natashaqutab (01-28-2014), Oldgradandmom (12-10-2013), Peds_res (01-04-2014), pp06060 (12-06-2013), Priyesh (01-21-2014), Rabiaosman (12-16-2013), rani001 (12-11-2013), SJK13 (02-13-2014), tamta (12-06-2013), usbound (12-06-2013), yuidh (01-17-2014), zephyr18 (12-30-2013)



  #2  
Old 12-06-2013
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 216
Threads: 23
Thanked 180 Times in 72 Posts
Reputation: 190
Default

Congratulations! Did you do kaplan's qbank? And what was your score in it?

When exactly did you take your NBME? I'm asking this because your score jumped a lot from it. So you didn't take any other NBME/UWSA? Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 12-06-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA 105 View Post
Congratulations! Did you do kaplan's qbank? And what was your score in it?

When exactly did you take your NBME? I'm asking this because your score jumped a lot from it. So you didn't take any other NBME/UWSA? Thanks...
NBME 4 3 weeks before 246
NBME 6 1 week before 253
UWSAT some days before 265
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ace1 (03-23-2014)
  #4  
Old 12-06-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 127
Threads: 8
Thanked 43 Times in 32 Posts
Reputation: 53
Default .

Congratulations that's a great score .... would you recommend going through kaplan or shall I just stick to mtb2 for IM n mtb 3 for others along with uworld
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 12-06-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 133
Threads: 2
Thanked 49 Times in 45 Posts
Reputation: 59
Default

Congratulations! Please, tell me how and where exactly to read normal growth and development from? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 12-06-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehtisham View Post
Congratulations that's a great score .... would you recommend going through kaplan or shall I just stick to mtb2 for IM n mtb 3 for others along with uworld
I would recommend Kaplan atleast once. Atleast for Medicine and Gynaecology. I didn't use MTB 3 so can't say!
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ace1 (03-23-2014), ehtisham (12-07-2013)
  #7  
Old 12-06-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuralcrest View Post
Congratulations! Please, tell me how and where exactly to read normal growth and development from? Thanks.
I read it from first aid for step 1 and some tables from Kaplan and U-world!
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ace1 (03-23-2014), Priyesh (12-16-2013)
  #8  
Old 12-06-2013
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 133
Threads: 2
Thanked 49 Times in 45 Posts
Reputation: 59
Default

Thanks for the reply!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 12-06-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 956
Threads: 28
Thanked 1,399 Times in 516 Posts
Reputation: 1409
Default

Can you say anything about drug adds? Did uw help you in that component
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 12-06-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 8
Threads: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

conratulations on ur great score .
did u do kaplan qbank ?
and how much time did it take you to finish UW ?
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 12-06-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
Can you say anything about drug adds? Did uw help you in that component
Certainly did! UW suffices more the test!
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ace1 (03-23-2014), tamta (12-07-2013)
  #12  
Old 12-06-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphrodite View Post
conratulations on ur great score .
did u do kaplan qbank ?
and how much time did it take you to finish UW ?
thanks
I didn't do Kaplan entirely but I did about 15 blocks of Kaplan in my final days. I used to do about 2-3 blocks a day of UW so nearly a month.
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ace1 (03-23-2014)
  #13  
Old 12-07-2013
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 228
Threads: 31
Thanked 66 Times in 46 Posts
Reputation: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diagnostic View Post
I didn't do Kaplan entirely but I did about 15 blocks of Kaplan in my final days. I used to do about 2-3 blocks a day of UW so nearly a month.
Great prep..and great advice. how was ur kaplan qbank cumulative score? I m doing kaplan qbank right now..have my exam very soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 12-07-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspirant5 View Post
Great prep..and great advice. how was ur kaplan qbank cumulative score? I m doing kaplan qbank right now..have my exam very soon
It was in late 70s! Lower than my uworld average!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ace1 (03-23-2014)
  #15  
Old 12-12-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 29
Threads: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Reputation: 12
Default hi

congratulations dear
is the standard of questions are equal to nbme or are they more tougher than it.
or is it is equal to u world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 12-12-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by divnai View Post
congratulations dear
is the standard of questions are equal to nbme or are they more tougher than it.
or is it is equal to u world?
Nbme is simpler. And that doesnt mean easier. Uworl is more like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ace1 (03-23-2014)
  #17  
Old 12-15-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 74
Threads: 9
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 23
Default

how many hrs did you study/day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 12-16-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.mac2013 View Post
how many hrs did you study/day.
Can't really say man! Maybe 6 on an average.
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ace1 (03-23-2014), Anwar (02-07-2014), USMLEUK. (01-25-2014)
  #19  
Old 12-16-2013
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 9
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Thumbs Up

congrats n the suggestions helped a lot. even i'm doing kaplan recently n found it useful..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20  
Old 12-16-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 33
Threads: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default hie

hey... Congrats diagnostic...
Everybody GL for everything...
Im prep for step 2.. in bad shapeGod knows yy i am soo slow, n cant seem to push my self enough. Almost goin to finish my u world first time. it says 60percent and 25th percentile...

Pls kindly help me to explain ds.. n how long will it take to improve me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 12-30-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 19
Threads: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

hey congratulations!!!
super great score!!
what was your step 1 score?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22  
Old 12-30-2013
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mission 13 View Post
hey... Congrats diagnostic...
Everybody GL for everything...
Im prep for step 2.. in bad shapeGod knows yy i am soo slow, n cant seem to push my self enough. Almost goin to finish my u world first time. it says 60percent and 25th percentile...

Pls kindly help me to explain ds.. n how long will it take to improve me
Try to learn as much as u can from uworld. Dont use it to estimate your score!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ace1 (03-23-2014)
  #23  
Old 12-30-2013
usmlestep1taker's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 41
Threads: 9
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 19
Default thanks !!

Congrats on the amazing score and thanks for the write up.

Were you working while you were studying for step 2 ck .? If so was it part time job? U said u were averaging 6 hours per day for studying.

Can u tell how you managed while u were also doing job?

Thanks!!
__________________
kill the MLE.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 01-01-2014
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmlestep1taker View Post
Congrats on the amazing score and thanks for the write up.

Were you working while you were studying for step 2 ck .? If so was it part time job? U said u were averaging 6 hours per day for studying.

Can u tell how you managed while u were also doing job?

Thanks!!
It was really tough man! I used to work as a full time doctor in Emergency Deptt. And although I used to carry my book all the time, seldom did I manage to open it. But I kept doing UWORLD there. Doing questions is easier than reading a book while u r surrounded by screaming patients! I used to work like 42 hours a week. I don't want to flaunt or something,but am a little fast,in reading & learning that it. So do manage your time and job depending upon your speed!
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ace1 (03-23-2014), usmlestep1taker (01-01-2014)
  #25  
Old 01-01-2014
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heresprerna View Post
hey congratulations!!!
super great score!!
what was your step 1 score?
it was 268!!!!!
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ace1 (03-23-2014), heresprerna (01-01-2014)



  #26  
Old 01-21-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 33
Threads: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default hey

pls advise.. how good u think is 73% on Fred test...... hve a mnth left please help.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #27  
Old 01-22-2014
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mission 13 View Post
pls advise.. how good u think is 73% on Fred test...... hve a mnth left please help.....
Good enough! I got 84% when I did it about 15 days before exam.
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ace1 (03-23-2014)
  #28  
Old 01-22-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 33
Threads: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by diagnostic View Post
Good enough! I got 84% when I did it about 15 days before exam.
Thanks a ton... God bless you my friend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #29  
Old 01-22-2014
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mission 13 View Post
Thanks a ton... God bless you my friend
You are most welcome. God bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ace1 (03-23-2014)
  #30  
Old 01-25-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 206
Threads: 13
Thanked 177 Times in 76 Posts
Reputation: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diagnostic View Post
Good enough! I got 84% when I did it about 15 days before exam.
Is this the "free 150" (or whatever) from the USMLE website?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #31  
Old 01-26-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 33
Threads: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMLEUK. View Post
Is this the "free 150" (or whatever) from the USMLE website?
Yup.. The free on ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #32  
Old 01-27-2014
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

I am struggling with bio stats? Any advice? My exam is in feb. I have already spent so much time trying to understand confidence interval and stuff but I haven't really seen a difference. I am at that point where I think I should just learn the answers ?

Also, the actual exam would you say the questions were harder than the ones on the NBME. I find NBME harder but world comparatively easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #33  
Old 01-27-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 33
Threads: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk57 View Post
I am struggling with bio stats? Any advice? My exam is in feb. I have already spent so much time trying to understand confidence interval and stuff but I haven't really seen a difference. I am at that point where I think I should just learn the answers ?

Also, the actual exam would you say the questions were harder than the ones on the NBME. I find NBME harder but world comparatively easy.
Hey.. all i can say we r kinda in same boat...

Biostats is like a phobia for me too.. not that i hve mastered it. but i wat i do is i keep repaeting n solving questions like everyday five to ten , so that i get familiar with the tactics, n hve made a not of all the formulas needed den revising dem everyday .. thats how i do my biostats... still doin them... m hopin that GOD will help

good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #34  
Old 01-27-2014
zephyr18's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 85
Threads: 5
Thanked 46 Times in 28 Posts
Reputation: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mission 13 View Post
Hey.. all i can say we r kinda in same boat...

Biostats is like a phobia for me too.. not that i hve mastered it. but i wat i do is i keep repaeting n solving questions like everyday five to ten , so that i get familiar with the tactics, n hve made a not of all the formulas needed den revising dem everyday .. thats how i do my biostats... still doin them... m hopin that GOD will help

good luck
Do you think UW questions are enough for Biostats?
__________________
Step 1 (DONE) + Step 2 CS (DONE) + Step 2 CK (September 2014, Awaiting Results)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #35  
Old 01-27-2014
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr18 View Post
Do you think UW questions are enough for Biostats?
Read high yield for biostats. I read it for step1 so didnt need for ck. But it clears concepts. As far as questions n concerned uworld is enough but only if u remember step1 stuff. Else its not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ace1 (03-23-2014)



  #36  
Old 02-10-2014
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 8
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by diagnostic View Post
Hello again everyone,
As I mentioned in my step 1 experience, I'm not good with writing but still am gonna give it a try. I know everyone wants to score high and even I did but I don't really think people who score high are people who read a lot of books or did many Q-banks. Step 2 CK is anyways not much about knowledge, but more about the actual practice of medicine. So if I have any advice to give to you all it is "Please read every question as a different one and don't try to jump to the answer thinking you solved a similar question in U-world or Kaplan or anywhere"
If you do that you'll be good to go for the exam.

Now my experience:
I started studying in April after my step 1 results as I was hoping to take it in July. I had plans of taking CS in June. But things didn't work out the way I wanted and I wasted my May and June mourning,partying and getting my way out of the frustration. I started studying seriously in July. I also joined a job so that I don't feel like a totally useless person. But the job took its toll on me and slowed down my studies.

I read Kaplans Medicine thoroughly and annotated whatever was extra in MTB-2. I tried to mug up as much as I can in the first go itself. Took me a month but it was worth it. Completed everything else the same way in another month and a half. So I read Kaplan and MTB-2. For Gynae I read KLN only. Then I started UW and revising MTB-2. Sometimes I read a few things from First Aid for Step 1 as well like Glycogen storage diseases, Ethics, Epidemio etc. If you have time, do go through FA for Step 1. FA for step 2 CK is a nice revision book but isn't like that for step 1.

So along with UW (random, timed) I kept revising MTB-2. After completing UW and MTB revision, I took NBME 4 and it came 246. All I wanted was a score 240+ so I was confident now. My UW average was 81%.

Then I started my final phase. My final phase was pretty much like the one for my step 1. Reading anything I can, solving any question I get!!
I definitely read MTB-2 one more time and solved the entire UW again. Also, I read a lot of stuffs not in entirety but just random pages which interested me. FA for Step 2 CK isn't as bad as people say and go through it if you can!

Try to maintain a disciplined life like 10-15 days before exam! Eat well, sleep good. And do enjoy at time! I had diwali during my final phase and also Thor-2 released in my final phase itself. So I gave myself two days break but kept going the other days with full dedication.

Exam day: I reached center in time and started the test. It was really hot in there or maybe the questions were tough I completed my first block in 57 min. Barely revised my marked questions. And then I took a break. I freaked out. The questions were lengthy and time seemed less. But then I had a red bull, chocolates, water, washed my face etc etc and prayed to God for a 250+ score! Other blocks went pretty well. Drug ads did take time but I found it doable. I had 5-10 min left after every block. So test is really doable.

I think I have written everything. At least I have tried. If still someone has any query, I would be glad to answer.

All the best everyone!
Congratz...Diagnostic you are amazing...and motivating too

I am trying to have my step2ck in 3 months. Materials that I have are Kaplan videos & notes, MTB 2&3 ... I am now thinking of subscribing for uworld for 3 months to do it subject wise ... will it Help ? Hoping for a reply...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #37  
Old 02-10-2014
diagnostic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 98
Threads: 10
Thanked 120 Times in 40 Posts
Reputation: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmnp View Post
Congratz...Diagnostic you are amazing...and motivating too

I am trying to have my step2ck in 3 months. Materials that I have are Kaplan videos & notes, MTB 2&3 ... I am now thinking of subscribing for uworld for 3 months to do it subject wise ... will it Help ? Hoping for a reply...
Thank you, you are really kind.

Well it definitely will help but I suggest instead of doing subject wise, do random timed mixed questions. Good luck!
__________________
268-271-PASS-249-3 m obsie 1m elective-No research- Need H1 visa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
ace1 (03-23-2014)



Reply

Tags
Step-2-CK-Experience

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 267 story barcaboy USMLE Step 1 Forum 143 04-28-2016 06:37 AM
my story with step 1 themontreal USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 05-16-2013 04:13 AM
242/84- A different story drajayjain USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 3 09-28-2012 11:54 AM
Oti Nogonno CS story oti nogonno USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 3 04-29-2012 07:37 PM
99/251---my story aceman0 USMLE Step 1 Forum 7 02-12-2011 06:25 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)