terrifying kaplan q bank - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-18-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 39
Threads: 9
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default terrifying kaplan q bank

My exam is 20 days away. I am doing kaplan q bank just to get more practice. but it seems the q are vague. scoring very low and thereby getting scared. Has anybody experienced similar thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 04-18-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 18
Threads: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp06060 View Post
My exam is 20 days away. I am doing kaplan q bank just to get more practice. but it seems the q are vague. scoring very low and thereby getting scared. Has anybody experienced similar thing?

In my experience Kaplan qbank was way harder than Uworld. the exam reflect more of uworld than kaplan. I will say, u shuld focus on the kaplan qtns explanation rather than your score.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
abeer (04-21-2014)
  #3  
Old 04-18-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 39
Threads: 9
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOG247 View Post
In my experience Kaplan qbank was way harder than Uworld. the exam reflect more of uworld than kaplan. I will say, u shuld focus on the kaplan qtns explanation rather than your score.

yeah, i am doing that. but i feel they provide very less clues which leaves us with some level of assumption. i am not focussing on the score but low score at this level bring my moral down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 04-19-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 198
Threads: 26
Thanked 174 Times in 79 Posts
Reputation: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp06060 View Post
yeah, i am doing that. but i feel they provide very less clues which leaves us with some level of assumption. i am not focussing on the score but low score at this level bring my moral down.

My exam is in 4 days, I've got 1 month Qbank subscription and I'm scoring not even close to UW, but my advice is: don't bother! Kaplan qs are a good practice to recall little details, it is very focused on things that one needs to memorize, not so much on concepts. I think it gives you a little more in terms of that, and it's good right before the exam to review easily forgettable things. But really... don't bother with scores.
Also, from what I've understood here in the forum, the qs in the real exam are not as long as in qbank. It takes forever to read these questions, that's maybe anothe reason why people are in general scoring lower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
mdsoon (04-19-2014)
  #5  
Old 04-19-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 39
Threads: 9
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vero View Post
My exam is in 4 days, I've got 1 month Qbank subscription and I'm scoring not even close to UW, but my advice is: don't bother! Kaplan qs are a good practice to recall little details, it is very focused on things that one needs to memorize, not so much on concepts. I think it gives you a little more in terms of that, and it's good right before the exam to review easily forgettable things. But really... don't bother with scores.
Also, from what I've understood here in the forum, the qs in the real exam are not as long as in qbank. It takes forever to read these questions, that's maybe anothe reason why people are in general scoring lower.
makes sense. all the best for ur test. any idea how many blocks does kaplan simulation test has?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-21-2014
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 471
Threads: 14
Thanked 202 Times in 162 Posts
Reputation: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp06060 View Post
My exam is 20 days away. I am doing kaplan q bank just to get more practice. but it seems the q are vague. scoring very low and thereby getting scared. Has anybody experienced similar thing?
Im doing kaplan qbank now I have managed to finish 75% and my score is 66% I freaked out at the beginning then I have been told that its just kaplan its that why so whats your score ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 04-21-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 39
Threads: 9
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

did 7 blocks . ranging at 63%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 04-22-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 69
Threads: 7
Thanked 56 Times in 26 Posts
Reputation: 66
Default

I just took CK 3 days ago
Sure the real thing is closest to UW, but in the end it get as hard as the Kaplan Q bank
So if you're ace-ing Kaplan, I think you can expect a 260 plus score!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
pp06060 (04-22-2014)
  #9  
Old 04-22-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 39
Threads: 9
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
I just took CK 3 days ago
Sure the real thing is closest to UW, but in the end it get as hard as the Kaplan Q bank
So if you're ace-ing Kaplan, I think you can expect a 260 plus score!

will aim to do that. all the best for your results
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 04-29-2014
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 471
Threads: 14
Thanked 202 Times in 162 Posts
Reputation: 212
Default

how is your progress on kaplan going?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 04-29-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 39
Threads: 9
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

very slowly progressing. ven is ur exam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
kaplan q bank? Mounika262000 USMLE Step 1 Forum 1 03-20-2014 05:05 AM
kaplan pathoma offline kaplan q bank hani daffodil USMLE Step 1 Study Partners 0 02-08-2014 07:16 PM
Sp for Kaplan Q bank! RJ89 USMLE Step 2 CK Study Partners 0 09-09-2013 10:20 PM
kaplan q-bank DANI88 USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 0 08-14-2013 10:11 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)