usmle step 2 ck ,,,,post. exam PTSD ,anyone waiting for results? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-28-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 28
Threads: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default usmle step 2 ck ,,,,post. exam PTSD ,anyone waiting for results?

My level of fear now is 15/10..i feel that I might have failed that exam ,I was sick (legit) I felt the questions were a form of Nazi style waterboarding..Group therapy anyone? please guys with high scores kindly stay away from this thread, no offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
85665 (04-30-2014)



  #2  
Old 04-28-2014
Smashingdude's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 268
Threads: 73
Thanked 515 Times in 109 Posts
Reputation: 525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaphaseII View Post
My level of fear now is 15/10..i feel that I might have failed that exam ,I was sick (legit) I felt the questions were a form of Nazi style waterboarding..Group therapy anyone? please guys with high scores kindly stay away from this thread, no offense.
I know exactly how you feel. Its the most traumatizing experience you can ever have!

But, if you felt like this, you are fine! Everyone feels this way, I was in your shoes. I researched online and found that 80-90% of people feel this way. I felt like crap, my fear was 10000/10. Its basically the uncertainty, and the thought that so many questions u did not know! And so many you never saw before!!!

Its aright, trust me! CK is designed to be godzilla, and rips you off nicely, in that its scary as hell! But as long as you were able to answer most of the questions, ignoring the super tough ones, you will swim through just fine!!!
__________________
Persistent and perseverance, and the flowing waterfall carves rivers along the lofty mountains
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
250/250/241/CS, 2012 European Grad, 9m USCE, Need visa, MATCHED to IM
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
85665 (04-30-2014), peymand83 (04-28-2014)
  #3  
Old 04-28-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 16
Threads: 5
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashingdude View Post
I know exactly how you feel. Its the most traumatizing experience you can ever have!

But, if you felt like this, you are fine! Everyone feels this way, I was in your shoes. I researched online and found that 80-90% of people feel this way. I felt like crap, my fear was 10000/10. Its basically the uncertainty, and the thought that so many questions u did not know! And so many you never saw before!!!

Its aright, trust me! CK is designed to be godzilla, and rips you off nicely, in that its scary as hell! But as long as you were able to answer most of the questions, ignoring the super tough ones, you will swim through just fine!!!
I have the same very bad feeling and I think I am gonna fail! I do not know what should I do. I could not read almost 20 Qs in the exam and just answer them blindly. I got 235 on NBME but I have no Idea what will happen to me this wednesday... Ho wmany Qs did you miss or could not read in your exam? I would appreciate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 04-28-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 28
Threads: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peymand83 View Post
I have the same very bad feeling and I think I am gonna fail! I do not know what should I do. I could not read almost 20 Qs in the exam and just answer them blindly. I got 235 on NBME but I have no Idea what will happen to me this wednesday... Ho wmany Qs did you miss or could not read in your exam? I would appreciate.
I was just answering quite a lot blindly, I felt like crap when I faced 10% mixed tricky immunology and biochem from usmle step 1 ,also what the hell is up with the 90 % extremely lengthy questions with no buzz words in site ? I don't know my friend but it looks like its gonna be bad.. I think I screwed up big time.
I did a rough estimate on passing, maybe if 15 questions missed in each block will give a pass score? and I'm in doubt I could've even achieved that minimum wrong no. of questions.
I can't think, I can't study for cs ,I feel paralyzed mentally and physically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 04-28-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 28
Threads: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashingdude View Post
I know exactly how you feel. Its the most traumatizing experience you can ever have!

But, if you felt like this, you are fine! Everyone feels this way, I was in your shoes. I researched online and found that 80-90% of people feel this way. I felt like crap, my fear was 10000/10. Its basically the uncertainty, and the thought that so many questions u did not know! And so many you never saw before!!!

Its aright, trust me! CK is designed to be godzilla, and rips you off nicely, in that its scary as hell! But as long as you were able to answer most of the questions, ignoring the super tough ones, you will swim through just fine!!!
Thank you for the kind reply, but realistically speaking ,I've seen many fail step 2 while passing step 1 .. so the possibility is still high
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-29-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 208
Threads: 21
Thanked 144 Times in 71 Posts
Reputation: 154
Default

I sincerely doubt anyone with an NBME with a 235 can fail the Ck


Even if Nbme for ck are not as accurate as they are with Step 1, a score deviation of 35 would be EXTREMELY BIZARRE.

I am taking my CK tomorrow but same thing happened to me last year after CS.

I took the test at the beginning of the reporting period so i had to wait AN AGONIZING 3 MONTHS for my score.

I swear i was 99% sure i failed. I literally ran out of time in 8 out of the 12 cases. I was scared shitless and i told EVERYONE i failed. When the grade finally arrived and i saw the word "PASS", i literally ran outside for like 15 minutes screaming woooooooooooo.

I dont think you failed mate. Maybe you didnt do as well as you hoped, but definitely not failed. You probably are your own toughest judge, so you feel remorse . Relax, its natural, and hopefully it will be over soon.

God speed and good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 04-29-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 16
Threads: 5
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivenby View Post
I sincerely doubt anyone with an NBME with a 235 can fail the Ck


Even if Nbme for ck are not as accurate as they are with Step 1, a score deviation of 35 would be EXTREMELY BIZARRE.

I am taking my CK tomorrow but same thing happened to me last year after CS.

I took the test at the beginning of the reporting period so i had to wait AN AGONIZING 3 MONTHS for my score.

I swear i was 99% sure i failed. I literally ran out of time in 8 out of the 12 cases. I was scared shitless and i told EVERYONE i failed. When the grade finally arrived and i saw the word "PASS", i literally ran outside for like 15 minutes screaming woooooooooooo.

I dont think you failed mate. Maybe you didnt do as well as you hoped, but definitely not failed. You probably are your own toughest judge, so you feel remorse . Relax, its natural, and hopefully it will be over soon.

God speed and good luck.
Thank you for your support. Hopefully I can get passed but I have the same feeling that you had for CS and I missed many Qs and thats why I scared so much.
Be careful for CK, donot read a question two times at CK exam, time was a real problem for me. I got 234 on UWSA as well and I did not have time problem in NBME or UWSA. Take a very good sleep for your exam.
Hope you get a very good result with CK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drivenby (04-29-2014)
  #8  
Old 04-30-2014
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

i m waitting for my score too and i feel like going crazy this is too much for me i cant focus on cs i think i really gonna fail ck big time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 04-30-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 28
Threads: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.known View Post
i m waitting for my score too and i feel like going crazy this is too much for me i cant focus on cs i think i really gonna fail ck big time
Results on the 7th,im in denial already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 04-30-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 208
Threads: 21
Thanked 144 Times in 71 Posts
Reputation: 154
Default

Hi, now that I've taken the exam, can i join the PTSD clan? (Or should i say ACUTE STRESS DISORDER CLAN, HAH!)

I did not find my exam terribly challenging but that's actually whats creeping me out... I'm the lkind of guy that usually goes out saying "Omg i failed "and when the results come out im like...yo i totally aced this **** lololol

So now I'm worried the questions might have been so complex or so subtle that they might have gotten way over my head without me noticing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
85665 (04-30-2014)
  #11  
Old 04-30-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 28
Threads: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivenby View Post
Hi, now that I've taken the exam, can i join the PTSD clan? (Or should i say ACUTE STRESS DISORDER CLAN, HAH!)

I did not find my exam terribly challenging but that's actually whats creeping me out... I'm the lkind of guy that usually goes out saying "Omg i failed "and when the results come out im like...yo i totally aced this **** lololol

So now I'm worried the questions might have been so complex or so subtle that they might have gotten way over my head without me noticing.
Well ptsd is more suitable for the magnitude of this test,just to be on safe side,it is most likely the trauma will be lasting more than a month.. Anyways the exam is incredibly subtle, there are even controversies between mtb2 and mtb3,different styles between uw and nbme.. And finally the art of all mysteries"the real thing".
The problem is, there has been a quite common trend of complaints about the usmle ck.. And imo it should be the most frustrating one to prepare for, due to lack of reliable resources besides the ones i mentioned..
I had a really bad experience, in my test.. Don't know if im going to pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 04-30-2014
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaphaseII View Post
Results on the 7th,im in denial already.
so many long questions i was scanning clues within sentences last questions like in 3 blocks didnt have time so picked whatever this is too much there is not a single min without thinking everything i did wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
waiting for Step 2 ck results xinojr USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 4 06-26-2013 02:58 PM
1/30/2013-CS results-anyone Took the exam in nov-dec 2012 and waiting on results? mena3 USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 10 02-01-2013 01:18 AM
Treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Novobiocin USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 9 12-20-2012 05:32 AM
experiment nmbe pre and post exam , waiting for results futureharvard USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 06-19-2012 03:17 AM
Waiting for Step 1 Results wondergirl USMLE Step 1 Forum 11 05-18-2011 07:02 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)