My exam is tomorrow. - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-29-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 208
Threads: 21
Thanked 144 Times in 71 Posts
Reputation: 154
Default My exam is tomorrow.

I read MTB once and a half, Uworld once. Have spend the last 7 days or so reading my notes and old questions.

Any final advice?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 04-29-2014
MedicalExaminer's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 824
Threads: 66
Thanked 465 Times in 298 Posts
Reputation: 475
Default

good luck man !!!

stay away from books and take a good rest
__________________
Everything is possible for him who believes (MARK 9:23)
245/247/passed on 1st attempt/223/2mos Obsie /3 US LORS/visa not needed/2008 grad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drivenby (04-29-2014)
  #3  
Old 04-29-2014
abeer's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 369
Threads: 3
Thanked 195 Times in 83 Posts
Reputation: 205
Default

GOODLUCK !!!! Dont freak out in the exam,.. even if u see many questions that you have no idea about,.. just dont freak out.. just say to yourself that u WILL see such questions/topics.. take a good night sleep...

best of luck !!!
__________________
Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of Patience.
Knowing grass, I can appreciate Persistence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drivenby (04-29-2014)
 
  #4  
Old 04-29-2014
hepevirus's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 59
Threads: 8
Thanked 33 Times in 21 Posts
Reputation: 43
Default

Go to bed early, dont stress out u'll be fine. All the best, eat good nourishing food in your breaks
__________________
When people canít do something themselves,theyíre gonna tell you that you canít do it.You want something, go get it. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drivenby (04-29-2014)
  #5  
Old 04-29-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 208
Threads: 21
Thanked 144 Times in 71 Posts
Reputation: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hepevirus View Post
Go to bed early, dont stress out u'll be fine. All the best, eat good nourishing food in your breaks

Haha haha i bought snickers and zero and I'm planning to take a sandwich :-[
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-29-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 98
Threads: 21
Thanked 36 Times in 26 Posts
Reputation: 46
Default

Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drivenby (04-29-2014)
  #7  
Old 04-29-2014
mdsoon's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 259
Threads: 8
Thanked 115 Times in 78 Posts
Reputation: 125
Default



GOOD LUCK.
__________________
2015 grad , Step 1-[X], Step 2CK [X], Step 2 CS [X] , Step 3 [X], MATCHED IM 2015. PGY-1 to Infinity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drivenby (04-29-2014), jcdlrv (05-20-2014)
  #8  
Old 04-29-2014
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 357
Threads: 13
Thanked 172 Times in 113 Posts
Reputation: 182
Default

Good luck and let us know how it went!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drivenby (04-29-2014)
  #9  
Old 04-29-2014
Step-step's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 309
Threads: 19
Thanked 117 Times in 85 Posts
Reputation: 127
Default

any assessments?
__________________
Step 1 | Step 2 CS | Step 2 CK | ECFMG Certified: | YOG 2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 04-29-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 208
Threads: 21
Thanked 144 Times in 71 Posts
Reputation: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step-step View Post
any assessments?
Nbme4 250 (2 months ago)
Nbme6 260 1month ago
Uworld sa 261, last 10 days ago
Uworld 75%, random timed first time

Assessment don't really work on me though, i have a very gold memory for questions and uworld has tons of repeats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 04-29-2014
Step-step's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 309
Threads: 19
Thanked 117 Times in 85 Posts
Reputation: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivenby View Post
Nbme4 250 (2 months ago)
Nbme6 260 1month ago
Uworld sa 261, last 10 days ago
Uworld 75%, random timed first time

Assessment don't really work on me though, i have a very gold memory for questions and uworld has tons of repeats
You're good to go. Good luck mate. Give us all a feedback of how you felt on the day of. And what you would have done differently.
__________________
Step 1 | Step 2 CS | Step 2 CK | ECFMG Certified: | YOG 2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 04-30-2014
abeer's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 369
Threads: 3
Thanked 195 Times in 83 Posts
Reputation: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivenby View Post
I read MTB once and a half, Uworld once. Have spend the last 7 days or so reading my notes and old questions.

Any final advice?!

Let us know about your exam please !! Hope it went well
__________________
Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of Patience.
Knowing grass, I can appreciate Persistence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 04-30-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 208
Threads: 21
Thanked 144 Times in 71 Posts
Reputation: 154
Default

Post exam impressions!


Well I don't wanna jinx it but the best I'll say is that it was "doable"

I think This board made me a little bit paranoid cause i was almost expecting a transdimensional demon to come out of my screen after i hit "start block "


Okay so my test kinda like taking an nbme or uwsa. I had lots of guesses and 50:50, and i went with my gut for most of them. Ill see if it pays off in a few weeks.

I think it was fair.

I had lots of questions that seemed ripped straight out of uw, the nbme, or the free 150.

I think uworld covered most of the material, the things that i didnt knew were either step 3 level stuff or completely new material from god knows where lololol

The ads were mostly doable, some painfully easy ones too.

The abstracts are absurd, if you didn't learn to do critical appraisal of an article in college, don't try to learn it now IMHO . i haven't seen any efficient way to prepare for them .


The questions in general did not feel longer than uworld and i had like 10 to 5 minutes left per block
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
abeer (04-30-2014), api77 (04-30-2014), Tokyoite (05-18-2014)
  #14  
Old 04-30-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 201
Threads: 6
Thanked 109 Times in 81 Posts
Reputation: 119
Default

Good luck!
__________________
@usmlethree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 04-30-2014
abeer's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 369
Threads: 3
Thanked 195 Times in 83 Posts
Reputation: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivenby View Post
Post exam impressions!


Well I don't wanna jinx it but the best I'll say is that it was "doable"

I think This board made me a little bit paranoid cause i was almost expecting a transdimensional demon to come out of my screen after i hit "start block "


Okay so my test kinda like taking an nbme or uwsa. I had lots of guesses and 50:50, and i went with my gut for most of them. Ill see if it pays off in a few weeks.

I think it was fair.

I had lots of questions that seemed ripped straight out of uw, the nbme, or the free 150.

I think uworld covered most of the material, the things that i didnt knew were either step 3 level stuff or completely new material from god knows where lololol

The ads were mostly doable, some painfully easy ones too.

The abstracts are absurd, if you didn't learn to do critical appraisal of an article in college, don't try to learn it now IMHO . i haven't seen any efficient way to prepare for them .


The questions in general did not feel longer than uworld and i had like 10 to 5 minutes left per block

Thank you !!!
__________________
Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of Patience.
Knowing grass, I can appreciate Persistence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 05-18-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 24
Threads: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 16
Default

Dear drivenby,

Congratulations on exam! Hope we all will be congratulating you very soon. I have a question for you. Was reading thru a lot of posts and way too many advices there. I want to hear from you though (since you freshly had an experience), what books did you study from, and do you think 7-8 weeks is enough to study for step 2ck?

Thanks in advance, and good luck again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 05-19-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 208
Threads: 21
Thanked 144 Times in 71 Posts
Reputation: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
Dear drivenby,

Congratulations on exam! Hope we all will be congratulating you very soon. I have a question for you. Was reading thru a lot of posts and way too many advices there. I want to hear from you though (since you freshly had an experience), what books did you study from, and do you think 7-8 weeks is enough to study for step 2ck?

Thanks in advance, and good luck again!
Hi, well i don't have my score yet, so I'm not sure if my methods will play out right, but I'm going to update this or make another topic as soon as possible. Probably getting it this Wednesday.

As for study time...it depends. I took step 1 1 year ago so there's no way i could have prepared in 8 weeks, if you took step 1 in the last 1 or 2 months then i think its possible to prepare it In 2 months of high quality study.

I used MTB 2 which was a nice book but deficient in many areas. Specially obgyn/PEDs. I skimmed through the mtb3 the day before the exam and believe it or not it actually helped me answer a few questions!.

So if you have the time, do read mtb3, at least the non-MI chapters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Tokyoite (05-19-2014)
  #18  
Old 05-19-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 24
Threads: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivenby View Post
Hi, well i don't have my score yet, so I'm not sure if my methods will play out right, but I'm going to update this or make another topic as soon as possible. Probably getting it this Wednesday.

As for study time...it depends. I took step 1 1 year ago so there's no way i could have prepared in 8 weeks, if you took step 1 in the last 1 or 2 months then i think its possible to prepare it In 2 months of high quality study.

I used MTB 2 which was a nice book but deficient in many areas. Specially obgyn/PEDs. I skimmed through the mtb3 the day before the exam and believe it or not it actually helped me answer a few questions!.

So if you have the time, do read mtb3, at least the non-MI chapters.
Thanks tons for your prompt reply. I ordered MTB2 after I read your post and will be getting it in 2 days. Will definitely follow your advice.

Thanks again and good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should I Take the Exam Tomorrow! STEMI USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 3 12-02-2013 02:37 AM
Tomorrow is my exam Dr_Laura USMLE Step 1 Forum 26 07-02-2011 05:04 AM
Exam Tomorrow Rawalian USMLE Step 1 Forum 11 05-09-2011 05:22 PM
OK Exam is tomorrow warriodoc USMLE Step 1 Forum 8 05-03-2011 05:00 AM
Tomorrow is my CK Exam goldenj85 USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 7 07-22-2010 05:43 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)