Just took STEP 2! - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-06-2011
tkourkou's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 220
Threads: 35
Thanked 283 Times in 99 Posts
Reputation: 293
Arrow Just took STEP 2!

Update:
I got the results
check it here
Got my score! 261/99

Hello my fellow USMLE Friends!

I just took Step 2 CK! Even though I cannot tell you the questions the one I CAN tell you is that time management is the ultimate key in your success. Even though I had the experience of taking step 1, this exam was more difficult in terms of mental fatigue, and the need for breaks was increased.

I consider myself as a fast responder leaving myself 13-18 minutes to revise any marked questions in each block. I took breaks between every block due to the diuretic effect of stress

Red bulls, chocolates, a snack and a bottle of water is all you need.

I strongly advise you to review all the free material from usmle.org and study them. Many topics were repeated in the exam. In fact, I would say that the whole exam had these topics more or less however, with significant variations. Also, these free questions are easier than the actual thing.

Some of the questions of course were big. Really long (don't be scared, these were around 10-15 in number ). And it is the last thing you want when you are tired, but of course, I gave myself courage by thinking that I am one of you guys, and I KEPT GOING!

The difficulty of the questions was similar to usmleworld, and a few of them were like the Kaplan Qbank. I saw a few similarities to usmleconsult but the actual exam is quite nearer to the usmleworld format and the free usmle questions.

The problem with this exam is that I cannot really predict my performance. The reason is that when I took the NBME form 4, I was expecting a very low prediction when in fact it was 251! However, now I am expecting much better results and in terms of analogy to the form 4, this could mean a higher score. But again, I leave it to God and his greatness.

My study materials:

Kaplan lecture notes: Everything except behavioral/biostatistics which I knew quite well from step1.

Kaplan video lectures: Many videos from Dr. Fischer from all internal medicine.

Usmleworld: 75% cumulative. Finished the whole Qbank

Kaplan QBank: 75% cumulative. Did only 30-40% of questions.

NBME form 4: 251, 5 weeks before exam
__________________
No one has ever been killed from work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
1TA2B (04-06-2011), abeer (04-06-2011), aktorque (04-06-2011), angelina vivien (04-06-2011), cerebrum85 (04-06-2011), chulady (04-06-2011), cool_atomic (04-06-2011), drarnab (04-06-2011), Haisook (04-06-2011), healer2b (04-06-2011), Kartopia (04-06-2011), kemoo (04-06-2011), lookingup (04-27-2011), medicine (04-06-2011), mohamedomar (04-06-2011), Mondoshawan (04-06-2011), sheero (04-06-2011), sinsinati (04-08-2011), tunde michael (04-27-2011), USMLE-Syndrome (04-06-2011), vienna4u (04-28-2011)



  #2  
Old 04-06-2011
Haisook's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 752
Threads: 124
Thanked 620 Times in 265 Posts
Reputation: 640
Default

Hey tkourkou,

Your qbank scores are great, I'm sure you'll do very well.

Btw, did you notice any excessively tested material?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
tkourkou (04-06-2011)
  #3  
Old 04-06-2011
tkourkou's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 220
Threads: 35
Thanked 283 Times in 99 Posts
Reputation: 293
Default

Hello Haisook!

I really didn't notice a trend. Hope that you ace the exam next week!

Good luck!
__________________
No one has ever been killed from work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Haisook (04-06-2011)
 
  #4  
Old 04-06-2011
kemoo's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 378
Threads: 161
Thanked 103 Times in 52 Posts
Reputation: 117
Default

congratulation .... wish you high score .


what about preparation period ?

and in last month preparation what u did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 04-06-2011
tkourkou's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 220
Threads: 35
Thanked 283 Times in 99 Posts
Reputation: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemoo1985 View Post
congratulation .... wish you high score .


what about preparation period ?

and in last month preparation what u did?
Oh, yes you are right! My preparation was 5 months and started immediately after step 1. In my last month I did questions on and on. I had finished UW so I purchased Kaplan Qbank
__________________
No one has ever been killed from work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-06-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 124
Threads: 45
Thanked 68 Times in 23 Posts
Reputation: 78
Default

thanks tkourkou!!

really informative.

my exam is in 2 weeks ...i wanted to know if pedia , gyane n surgery were straight forward questions or wud u say they were twisted.

like u i complete my usmleworld blocks wid abt 15 mins to spare to revise the questions so do u think i shall b fine in the real exam?


all the luck for ur result!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 04-06-2011
chulady's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 198
Threads: 56
Thanked 54 Times in 33 Posts
Reputation: 64
Smile

Hi

You were saying that you used kaplan books as your study materials.
Are these enough for step 2 CK ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 04-06-2011
abeer's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 369
Threads: 3
Thanked 195 Times in 83 Posts
Reputation: 205
Smile hi

congrats... i wish u highest scores
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
tkourkou (04-06-2011)
  #9  
Old 04-06-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 167
Threads: 8
Thanked 134 Times in 47 Posts
Reputation: 144
Default hey

Hey best luck for your result and nice post.
It will help a lot thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
tkourkou (04-06-2011)
  #10  
Old 04-06-2011
tkourkou's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 220
Threads: 35
Thanked 283 Times in 99 Posts
Reputation: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicine View Post
thanks tkourkou!!

really informative.

my exam is in 2 weeks ...i wanted to know if pedia , gyane n surgery were straight forward questions or wud u say they were twisted.

like u i complete my usmleworld blocks wid abt 15 mins to spare to revise the questions so do u think i shall b fine in the real exam?


all the luck for ur result!!
Hello medicine! I wouldn't say that I noticed the format of such questions. All Q's where in about the same magnitude of straightforwardness/complexity... I am sorry I cannot be more specific because my memories became pretty dull since I took the beast!
__________________
No one has ever been killed from work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 04-06-2011
tkourkou's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 220
Threads: 35
Thanked 283 Times in 99 Posts
Reputation: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chulady View Post
Hi

You were saying that you used kaplan books as your study materials.
Are these enough for step 2 CK ?
Hello Chulady! Yeah, these books should be enough, however, I advise you to skip down to the recommended threads section and check it out. They have some interesting polls out there!
__________________
No one has ever been killed from work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
chulady (04-13-2011)
  #12  
Old 04-06-2011
1TA2B's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: CK Only
Posts: 475
Threads: 39
Thanked 353 Times in 169 Posts
Reputation: 376
Default

Hello tkourkou,

You must be so relieved now!

You sound great, I'm sure you'll score high in 2 CK too.

Keep us updated!

Good luck with your future exams and career!
__________________
Skill+Hardwork+Preparation=Success
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
tkourkou (04-06-2011)
  #13  
Old 04-06-2011
tkourkou's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 220
Threads: 35
Thanked 283 Times in 99 Posts
Reputation: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TA2B View Post
Hello tkourkou,

You must be so relieved now!

You sound great, I'm sure you'll score high in 2 CK too.

Keep us updated!

Good luck with your future exams and career!
Well, it is indeed a great relief. The step 1 and 2ck journeys are long and hard! Wish you all the best 1TA2B!
__________________
No one has ever been killed from work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 04-06-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: CK+CS
Posts: 145
Threads: 34
Thanked 82 Times in 37 Posts
Reputation: 92
Smile well done man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkourkou View Post
Hello my fellow USMLE Friends!

I just took Step 2 CK! Even though I cannot tell you the questions the one I CAN tell you is that time management is the ultimate key in your success. Even though I had the experience of taking step 1, this exam was more difficult in terms of mental fatigue, and the need for breaks was increased.

I consider myself as a fast responder leaving myself 13-18 minutes to revise any marked questions in each block. I took breaks between every block due to the diuretic effect of stress

Red bulls, chocolates, a snack and a bottle of water is all you need.

I strongly advise you to review all the free material from usmle.org and study them. Many topics were repeated in the exam. In fact, I would say that the whole exam had these topics more or less however, with significant variations. Also, these free questions are easier than the actual thing.

Some of the questions of course were big. Really long (don't be scared, these were around 10-15 in number ). And it is the last thing you want when you are tired, but of course, I gave myself courage by thinking that I am one of you guys, and I KEPT GOING!

The difficulty of the questions was similar to usmleworld, and a few of them were like the Kaplan Qbank. I saw a few similarities to usmleconsult but the actual exam is quite nearer to the usmleworld format and the free usmle questions.

The problem with this exam is that I cannot really predict my performance. The reason is that when I took the NBME form 4, I was expecting a very low prediction when in fact it was 251! However, now I am expecting much better results and in terms of analogy to the form 4, this could mean a higher score. But again, I leave it to God and his greatness.

My study materials:

Kaplan lecture notes: Everything except behavioral/biostatistics which I knew quite well from step1.

Kaplan video lectures: Many videos from Dr. Fischer from all internal medicine.

Usmleworld: 75% cumulative. Finished the whole Qbank

Kaplan QBank: 75% cumulative. Did only 30-40% of questions.

NBME form 4: 251, 5 weeks before exam


well done man .......enjoy ur time now
hope u ll get the best score .........may be 270 ....
__________________
“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. ”
Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
tkourkou (04-06-2011)
  #15  
Old 04-06-2011
tkourkou's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 220
Threads: 35
Thanked 283 Times in 99 Posts
Reputation: 293
Default

Well Dr. Cerebrum that is the best wish!!!
When are you planning to take the beast? All the best for you also!
__________________
No one has ever been killed from work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
cerebrum85 (04-06-2011)



  #16  
Old 04-27-2011
lookingup's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 55
Threads: 21
Thanked 26 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default hii there

Can u tell me where to study behavioral and biostatistics from...those are my weak subjects??
__________________
look up in life...always:)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 04-29-2011
tkourkou's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 220
Threads: 35
Thanked 283 Times in 99 Posts
Reputation: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingup View Post
Can u tell me where to study behavioral and biostatistics from...those are my weak subjects??
Hello Lookingup!

A good prep for behavioral/biostatistics is the step 1 and step 2 book of Kaplan. However, if you have taken step 1 you can take a brief look on the step 1 book and get a more detailed reading on the step 2!
__________________
No one has ever been killed from work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
lookingup (04-29-2011)



Reply

Tags
Step-2-CK-Experience

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)