USMLE Practice Test (Free 150) (USMLE CD) is not working ? - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     58,422 Members     256,330 Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-15-2011
USMLE-Syndrome's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 1,203
Threads: 180
Thanked 1,134 Times in 438 Posts
Reputation: 1148
Computer USMLE Practice Test (Free 150) (USMLE CD) is not working ?

hiii

http://www.usmle.org/Orientation/2011/menu.html

i download the usmle cd for 2ck and when i start it an error window say contact ur provider so i shutdown my laptop and i try again the same thing happened ????????
so what do i have to do to make this cd work??????????

and the previous version 2010 i deleted it b4 downloading the 2011 version
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 04-15-2011
rasheed's Avatar
Ex-USMLE Forums Staff
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 742
Threads: 137
Thanked 2,103 Times in 437 Posts
Reputation: 2206
Arrow

Many people are having trouble installing the latest 2011 version for example see this
Orientation materials software

You can still download the 2010 version from this link
http://download.usmle.org/2010/Step2Download.zip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
1TA2B (06-23-2011), Taiwan_Guy (05-19-2011), USMLE-Syndrome (04-15-2011)
  #3  
Old 04-16-2011
Haisook's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 752
Threads: 124
Thanked 582 Times in 258 Posts
Reputation: 602
Default

2011 ver. worked on my PC.

Restart the PC and open the program from the Start > Programs menu, not from the desktop shortcut. You will find it under "2011 USMLE FredV2 Step2 Practice CBT".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
neilnf (10-07-2013)
  #4  
Old 04-16-2011
USMLE-Syndrome's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 1,203
Threads: 180
Thanked 1,134 Times in 438 Posts
Reputation: 1148
Default

is ur pc system windows 7 ???????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 04-16-2011
Haisook's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 752
Threads: 124
Thanked 582 Times in 258 Posts
Reputation: 602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss patho View Post
is ur pc system windows 7 ???????????
Yes, it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
USMLE-Syndrome (04-16-2011)
  #6  
Old 04-16-2011
USMLE-Syndrome's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 1,203
Threads: 180
Thanked 1,134 Times in 438 Posts
Reputation: 1148
Default

i delete 2011 and idownload it again not working then idelete 2011 and try with 2010 still the same problem of fatal error
ineeeeeeeeeeed this cd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 04-16-2011
laithbv's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 307
Threads: 9
Thanked 288 Times in 136 Posts
Reputation: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss patho View Post
i delete 2011 and idownload it again not working then idelete 2011 and try with 2010 still the same problem of fatal error
ineeeeeeeeeeed this cd
What is the screen resolution of your PC?
It should be 1024X768 otherwise the software will show fatal error.

To change your screen resolution in Windows 7 follow this path:
Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display > Change Screen Resolution
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
USMLE-Syndrome (04-16-2011)
  #8  
Old 04-16-2011
USMLE-Syndrome's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 1,203
Threads: 180
Thanked 1,134 Times in 438 Posts
Reputation: 1148
Default

Quote:
What is the screen resolution of your PC?
It should be 1024X768 otherwise the software will show fatal error.

To change your screen resolution in Windows 7 follow this path:
Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display > Change Screen Resolution
i did what did u write and still fatal error screen please notify proctor
HTTP/1.1 400 ERROR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 04-17-2011
Chessmatic's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 114
Threads: 5
Thanked 58 Times in 41 Posts
Reputation: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss patho View Post
i did what did u write and still fatal error screen please notify proctor
HTTP/1.1 400 ERROR
Disable the anitvirus on your PC.
This has been discussed here
The New Step 1 2011 Orientation Material FRED V2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
USMLE-Syndrome (04-17-2011)
  #10  
Old 04-17-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 82
Threads: 8
Thanked 113 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Also see this thread

http://www.usmle-forums.com/usmle-st...-computer.html
__________________
Will you look back on life and say, "I wish I had," or "I'm glad I did
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
USMLE-Syndrome (04-17-2011)
  #11  
Old 04-17-2011
USMLE-Syndrome's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 1,203
Threads: 180
Thanked 1,134 Times in 438 Posts
Reputation: 1148
Default

thanks for trying to help me
ifound the problem is in my window 7 it must be system 32 so that the program will work but my system 64 (the dull programmer install it to me )
Quote:
windows>> system 32>> drivers >> etc >> host
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 04-18-2011
Sabio's Avatar
USMLE Forums Staff
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 3,318
Threads: 170
Thanked 4,452 Times in 1,787 Posts
Reputation: 4505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss patho View Post
thanks for trying to help me
ifound the problem is in my window 7 it must be system 32 so that the program will work but my system 64 (the dull programmer install it to me )
Are you sure?
I was able to run the software without problems on my Windows 7, 64-bit PC machine.

-
-
__________________
>> Find the latest and the best USMLE Books in our USMLE Books Page.
>> I cannot reply to PMs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
USMLE-Syndrome (04-18-2011)
  #13  
Old 04-18-2011
USMLE-Syndrome's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 1,203
Threads: 180
Thanked 1,134 Times in 438 Posts
Reputation: 1148
Default

Quote:
Try running "Fredv2Orient.exe", by right clicking & running as administrator.

Try running it after disabling the windows firewall.

Have a look at your "hosts file"
This can be found at
windows>> system 32>> drivers >> etc >> hosts
Open it with notepad.
Before making any changes, don't forget to make a backup...
Try commenting out any DNS entries.
You can do that by putting "#" at the start of every line.
save & exit.
Try to run again, by running it as administrator.

If this also doesn't work try again this time removing "#"
so now it should look like
i try this and still not working i ask a programmer to do it for me and still couldnt solve the dilemma for me

i lost hope that this cd will work on my laptop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 06-22-2011
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 2
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Send a message via Skype™ to moh_abdulla_med
Default Orientation material problem !

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the USMLE orientation material download from usmle.org ,,,

When I open any block or tutorial, the following error message appears:
"X Access violation at address 004C5994 in module 'NED.exe'. Read of address 00000054."

I have Windows 7 64bit, I tried using compatibility with Windows XP & Vista, but that didn't solve the problem ...

Can anyone help please !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 06-22-2011
USMLE-Syndrome's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 1,203
Threads: 180
Thanked 1,134 Times in 438 Posts
Reputation: 1148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moh_abdulla_med View Post
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the USMLE orientation material download from usmle.org ,,,

When I open any block or tutorial, the following error message appears:
"X Access violation at address 004C5994 in module 'NED.exe'. Read of address 00000054."

I have Windows 7 64bit, I tried using compatibility with Windows XP & Vista, but that didn't solve the problem ...

Can anyone help please !
me too nothing u can u do
so go to internet caffeshop and solve the usmle cd from their caffe pc
thats what iwill do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
moh_abdulla_med (06-24-2011)



  #16  
Old 08-04-2011
USMLE-Syndrome's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 1,203
Threads: 180
Thanked 1,134 Times in 438 Posts
Reputation: 1148
Wink

thanks for cool atomic for help in solving the problem

her is the solve of this dilema


if it says "fatal error, inform the proctor" on a black screen, then leave it like that and run the usmle file again with the error on the background, that way, it will start. just a trick that worked on my pc, especially when it's windows 7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drsood (12-21-2011), hgm10 (01-08-2014)
  #17  
Old 08-05-2011
Sadalssud's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 133
Threads: 4
Thanked 107 Times in 62 Posts
Reputation: 117
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss patho View Post
thanks for cool atomic for help in solving the problem

her is the solve of this dilema


if it says "fatal error, inform the proctor" on a black screen, then leave it like that and run the usmle file again with the error on the background, that way, it will start. just a trick that worked on my pc, especially when it's windows 7
I have some questions. Did you restart your PC AFTER removing the 2010 version? Usually there are some files which are erased after you restart your computer. Otherwise, you may experiencing some problems.

If you are OK running the program with that error in the background, it is fine. However, you could try this: Removing the 2011 version, restarting your computer and reinstalling the 2011 again, it should work. I have the same Windows 7, 64 bytes, I had the old 2011 version and recently installed the new version, and it runs OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
tendon (09-28-2013)
  #18  
Old 08-05-2011
USMLE-Syndrome's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 1,203
Threads: 180
Thanked 1,134 Times in 438 Posts
Reputation: 1148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadalssud View Post
I have some questions. Did you restart your PC AFTER removing the 2010 version? Usually there are some files which are erased after you restart your computer. Otherwise, you may experiencing some problems.

If you are OK running the program with that error in the background, it is fine. However, you could try this: Removing the 2011 version, restarting your computer and reinstalling the 2011 again, it should work. I have the same Windows 7, 64 bytes, I had the old 2011 version and recently installed the new version, and it runs OK.
idid uninstall 2011 version the install the new vesion of 2 of july the release it it works for 1 time then when i try it again didnt work so idid the trick of opening the file again and black window behind it

the imp it works
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 09-05-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CK Only
Posts: 91
Threads: 6
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 31
Default

Free 150 questions same as 2011 orientation material on NBME website?????? if yes they r nt 150 questions . they are 44+42+42+5. anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20  
Old 09-05-2011
StepTaker's Avatar
USMLE Forums Staff
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 3,263
Threads: 147
Thanked 4,471 Times in 1,546 Posts
Reputation: 4567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_a_ View Post
Free 150 questions same as 2011 orientation material on NBME website?????? if yes they r nt 150 questions . they are 44+42+42+5. anyone?
The number 150 is just a name, it does not really mean 150 questions.
For more information, please read here
http://www.usmle-forums.com/general-...-usmle-cd.html

-
__________________
Want to support us! Order your books from our Best USMLE Books Page!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Free-150, Technical-Issues

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USMLE Free Practice Materials (Free 150) Sabio General Topics Recommended Threads 3 2 Weeks Ago 12:02 AM
USMLE Prometric Practice Test Sabio General Topics Recommended Threads 3 09-18-2014 02:56 AM
Practice test for USMLE STEP1 at the prometric center sona USMLE Step 1 Forum 4 12-17-2010 04:44 AM
free practice questions from usmle Pixie USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 11-15-2010 03:32 AM
USMLE Prometric Practice Test Jayant General Topics Forum 5 12-10-2009 04:39 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)