People taking exam this week - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-23-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 226
Threads: 13
Thanked 146 Times in 79 Posts
Reputation: 156
Default People taking exam this week

How is your preparation? I didn't get a lot of time to prepare but I did what I could in this limited time. Trying to revise some items. I m freaking out sometimes. Anyone else freaking out too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 06-23-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 52
Threads: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixy View Post
How is your preparation? I didn't get a lot of time to prepare but I did what I could in this limited time. Trying to revise some items. I m freaking out sometimes. Anyone else freaking out too?
Takin it thursday. Kinda nervous. Jus doin as many qs as i can from uworld. Will be goin over my weak subjects (Gyn, Peds) tonight n tom. Cant wait to be done wit this stupid exam. Good Luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 06-23-2014
DrAGA's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 340
Threads: 46
Thanked 148 Times in 85 Posts
Reputation: 158
Default

me here too...5 days before exam..reading my weak topics and whatever i can read...good luck guys..last week for torture!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 06-23-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 80
Threads: 2
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAGA View Post
me here too...5 days before exam..reading my weak topics and whatever i can read...good luck guys..last week for torture!!!
Im taking it on wednesday...freaking out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 06-23-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 52
Threads: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc-usmle View Post
Im taking it on wednesday...freaking out!
Howd u guys do on assessments(uwsa,nbme,free150)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 06-23-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 80
Threads: 2
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPuffer View Post
Howd u guys do on assessments(uwsa,nbme,free150)?
NBME 4 - 226, NBME 6 - 225, UWSA - 226, NBME 7 - 206 and Free 150 - 76%

How about u?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 06-23-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 52
Threads: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc-usmle View Post
NBME 4 - 226, NBME 6 - 225, UWSA - 226, NBME 7 - 206 and Free 150 - 76%

How about u?
nbme 6 - 227ish b4 strtin uwrld
nbme 3 - 238 (50% uwrld)
nbme 4 - 252 (finished uwrld once plus marked qs)
NBME 7 - 231 :/
UWSA - 258/720 ( 75% Uwrld second time + mtb3)
Free 150 - 88%

Have about 6 blocks of uworld to go through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 06-23-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 80
Threads: 2
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPuffer View Post
nbme 6 - 227ish b4 strtin uwrld
nbme 3 - 238 (50% uwrld)
nbme 4 - 252 (finished uwrld once plus marked qs)
NBME 7 - 231 :/
UWSA - 258/720 ( 75% Uwrld second time + mtb3)
Free 150 - 88%

Have about 6 blocks of uworld to go through.
ull destroy that test...im the one thats f**ed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 06-23-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 52
Threads: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc-usmle View Post
ull destroy that test...im the one thats f**ed
If assessment scores end up being accurate.. Im pretty sure ull score in the 230's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
mcc-usmle (06-23-2014)
  #10  
Old 06-23-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 226
Threads: 13
Thanked 146 Times in 79 Posts
Reputation: 156
Default

DrAGA, you must be excited to be having your baby soon after this? I m thinking good thoughts just so I don't freak out and actually take this test on Friday. I m not relying too much on uwsa. In step 1 I got score of 250 in both of uwsa and ended up with 235 so it's minus 15 points from uwsa for me. That's how I m taking it. I think I m prepared because I have no other choice otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 06-23-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 17
Threads: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

Good luck everyone! Please be sure to provide your feedback. Be confident and trust your knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Nixy (06-23-2014)
  #12  
Old 06-23-2014
DrAGA's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 340
Threads: 46
Thanked 148 Times in 85 Posts
Reputation: 158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixy View Post
DrAGA, you must be excited to be having your baby soon after this? I m thinking good thoughts just so I don't freak out and actually take this test on Friday. I m not relying too much on uwsa. In step 1 I got score of 250 in both of uwsa and ended up with 235 so it's minus 15 points from uwsa for me. That's how I m taking it. I think I m prepared because I have no other choice otherwise.

u r right iam so excited.,i need to prepare my baby room and stuffs...nothing done yet cause of study... so finally i will be done soon hope to pass...my nbmes score not so good as yours guys...and same for UWSA..but still to go to exam coz no choice...
Good luck all of us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 06-23-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 142
Threads: 33
Thanked 97 Times in 28 Posts
Reputation: 107
Default

Taking it Wenesday!Went through 8 blocks today to build Stamina for the test. Last day of studying going to take tomorrow off! Last Few NBMEs are really making me stress...

NBME 3 (3/15/14) : 450 (227)
NBME 2 (4/14/14) : 590 (256)
NBME 4 (5/14/14) : 540 (246)
NBME 7 (6/8/14): 520 (242)
UWSA (6/14/14): 259
Free 150: 88%

1st run UWORLD 73%
Kaplan qbank 70%
Total Study time 4 months
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 06-23-2014
MedicalExaminer's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 824
Threads: 66
Thanked 463 Times in 298 Posts
Reputation: 473
Default

get a good night sleep before the judgement day
__________________
Everything is possible for him who believes (MARK 9:23)
245/247/passed on 1st attempt/223/2mos Obsie /3 US LORS/visa not needed/2008 grad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Nixy (06-23-2014)
  #15  
Old 06-23-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 226
Threads: 13
Thanked 146 Times in 79 Posts
Reputation: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicalExaminer View Post
get a good night sleep before the judgement day
That's the plan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 06-23-2014
exudate's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 171
Threads: 16
Thanked 97 Times in 48 Posts
Reputation: 107
Default

good luck!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 06-26-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 52
Threads: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default

Finally Doneee . Honestly I have NO IDEA how I did. Some of the questions are reallyy vaguee. I had about 25 questions on wat would be the best response to this patients comment?? hate questions like that. Drug Ads/Abs were annoying... Jus guessed on 2 of em. Biostats wasn't too bad. Besides the Drug Ads/Abs and Ethics the rest of the exam is pretty straight forward. Length of the questions was very similar to Uworld. I had about 8-9mins left in each block to review my answers even after doing the Drug Ads.
Good Luck everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 06-27-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 53
Threads: 10
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 19
Default

Congrats! You can relax now!
I'm taking it in 3 weeks. Mainly focusing on UW. Done it like 4 times all ready. Could you give me some recommendation?
And what do you use for Dermatology?
Thanks man, and good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPuffer View Post
Finally Doneee . Honestly I have NO IDEA how I did. Some of the questions are reallyy vaguee. I had about 25 questions on wat would be the best response to this patients comment?? hate questions like that. Drug Ads/Abs were annoying... Jus guessed on 2 of em. Biostats wasn't too bad. Besides the Drug Ads/Abs and Ethics the rest of the exam is pretty straight forward. Length of the questions was very similar to Uworld. I had about 8-9mins left in each block to review my answers even after doing the Drug Ads.
Good Luck everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 06-27-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 52
Threads: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts
Reputation: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimir View Post
Congrats! You can relax now!
I'm taking it in 3 weeks. Mainly focusing on UW. Done it like 4 times all ready. Could you give me some recommendation?
And what do you use for Dermatology?
Thanks man, and good luck!
Just be confident during the exam. There is no way ur gonna be 100% sure bout any of ur answers but do not waste too much time on one question or change ur answers. Jus go wit the most likely answer and move on. Be prepared to see VAGUE questions. There will be a lott of those. As far as ur confident and don't freak out during the exam... ull end up with a score that is goin to be very close to ur assessment scores.
For derm go to medbullets(dot)com and look at all the images they have for the common skin disorders and STD's. I had couple of Qs with jus an image and absolutely no clues in the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
kimir (06-29-2014), pranavmerchant (06-27-2014)
  #20  
Old 06-27-2014
DrAGA's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 340
Threads: 46
Thanked 148 Times in 85 Posts
Reputation: 158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPuffer View Post
Just be confident during the exam. There is no way ur gonna be 100% sure bout any of ur answers but do not waste too much time on one question or change ur answers. Jus go wit the most likely answer and move on. Be prepared to see VAGUE questions. There will be a lott of those. As far as ur confident and don't freak out during the exam... ull end up with a score that is goin to be very close to ur assessment scores.
For derm go to medbullets(dot)com and look at all the images they have for the common skin disorders and STD's. I had couple of Qs with jus an image and absolutely no clues in the question.
I agree.. I had my exam today too. What i can say ...its very hard exam first because of time problem. If u can manage your time i think u will fine..question is to long.i had 3-4 qs at end of the each blok like super long with 15 possible options..many qs that u dont have any idea what they r talking about ya and check your headphones before to start coz i had a big problem..i started my exam n on first blok at the middle i had media qs but headphones did not work i called the front desk worker to help she gave another one..guess what? That one also didn't work and my time was running i was freakin out...n then they stopped my test n turned off my CP they called someone then asked me sit to another place... I was ready to cry( n on the next cp i started from same qs with same time left.. so what to say have feeling that i failed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21  
Old 06-28-2014
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 226
Threads: 13
Thanked 146 Times in 79 Posts
Reputation: 156
Default

I too took test yesterday. Difficulty level and length of questions same as uworld. But there were 3-5 vague questions in each block where I didn't think one single option was correct but anyway. Drug ads and abstracts were weird as always. Biostat was pretty easy simple stuff. Rest of the exam was as doable as uworld is. I had no problem with time. Always had 5-10mins to revise except 2 blocks where i finished just in time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22  
Old 06-28-2014
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 112
Threads: 15
Thanked 38 Times in 31 Posts
Reputation: 48
Default

Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

I am taking mine on Tuesday. I have a doubt about the scoring system. I had >45incorrect on NBME6 and scored 227 while on UWSA 44 incorrect and scored 442.

Is it safe to go for the exam ?

Kindly help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 07-14-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 22
Threads: 2
Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc-usmle View Post
Im taking it on wednesday...freaking out!
SO AM I!!!! will see
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 07-14-2014
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 22
Threads: 2
Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Reputation: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixy View Post
I too took test yesterday. Difficulty level and length of questions same as uworld. But there were 3-5 vague questions in each block where I didn't think one single option was correct but anyway. Drug ads and abstracts were weird as always. Biostat was pretty easy simple stuff. Rest of the exam was as doable as uworld is. I had no problem with time. Always had 5-10mins to revise except 2 blocks where i finished just in time.

Let me know how you did... Im taking it on wednesday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
taking exam 3 week may tejinderbhasin USMLE Step 2 CK Study Partners 3 03-31-2014 10:13 PM
anyone taking ximedus course in first week of april usmle_2013 USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 1 03-11-2014 07:32 AM
Why are people not taking Step 3? zappeuse USMLE Step 3 Forum 11 09-20-2012 10:06 AM
For people who are taking step 1 in next 2 to 3 weeks. evavar USMLE Step 1 Forum 8 09-08-2011 08:01 AM
people get together here who have exam after 3 wks.... vagp86 USMLE Step 1 Forum 3 11-15-2010 10:16 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)