Got my CK result today - 227/99 - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CK Forum

USMLE Step 2 CK Forum USMLE Step 2 CK Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CK exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-18-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CK Only
Posts: 51
Threads: 20
Thanked 24 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 34
Smile Got my CK result today - 227/99

Hey guys,

I've gotten quite a bit of help from this forum, so I thought I'd post my experience, not sure it will be helpful for anyone, but may as well do it.

I got my result today - 227/99. Extremely happy, as I thought I would have gotten a lower score. For me, this is a great score. I'm an English final year medical student. Mean for US and Canadian students was 230 and SD was 23. So I got a very average score by their standards, but I'm happy with it.

Exam date - 27th April 2011
I have not done Step 1 yet, I will be doing that in the next year hopefully.

Preparation time - September 2010 - 27th April 2011 (8 months).

Kaplan Step 2 CK Lecture Notes
USMLE World

September - December 2010
Internal Medicine
I did about a chapter a week since I was a final year medical student still doing rotations. I could have worked at a much faster pace in hindsight, but I was a bit lazy and thought this pace would be enough. I did each topic thoroughly though.

Had my "written finals" for med school in the second week of Jan.

January - March 2011
Peds, OBG, Psych
I realized I had very little time left so I really started to get a move on and work a lot faster. Still doing med school rotations.

March - 27th April 2011
Surgery and going over IM and Paeds/OBG/Psych for the second time.
Really working a lot now. Also had to revise for my final OSCE in med school which was a few weeks after my Step 2 CK.

I did a UWSA during the first few days of April and scored a predicted 227.
Overall USMLE World QBank average score = 62%, completed 88% of the QBank (Yeah, I was really slow on this. I should ideally have done many more questions each day but again my laziness and put-things-off-to-another-day attitude cost me!)


Test Day - 27th April 2011

Got a good night's sleep and arrived at the test center early.
Exam was very tough. There were a lot more questions on knowledge of investigations and management than I thought there would be. Knowledge of when to do certain tests in favour of others etc. I thought there would be more diagnosis type questions, especially syndromes in Paeds but there were very few. The 9 hours didn't take as much of a toll on me as I thought it would.

Blocks 1 & 2
~6 min break
Block 3
~6 min break
Block 4 & 5
10 min break
Block 6
10 min break
Block 7
10 min break
Block 8

Only things I ate and drank were 2 bottles of Red Bull, 1 half of a ham sandwich, and some Squares (like a sweet cereal bar).


Anyway, hope that's helpful. Thanks to everyone who has answered my questions in this forum over the past year, I'm very grateful. I will be bombarding the Step 1 forum with questions from August onwards no doubt!

Last edited by karansaraf; 05-18-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
2011grad (05-18-2011), aktorque (05-19-2011), Dr. N Elham (05-21-2011), Dr.kaushik (05-18-2011), drali (05-18-2011), drarnab (05-18-2011), Haisook (05-18-2011), mle guy (05-18-2011), Proxery (05-21-2011), tunde michael (05-22-2011), vienna4u (05-18-2011)



  #2  
Old 05-18-2011
Dr.kaushik's Avatar
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 100
Threads: 35
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

great score dude......all the best for future....

if you can elaborate..
what was UW or Kaplan q bank average score?? and NBME if taken..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 05-18-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CK Only
Posts: 51
Threads: 20
Thanked 24 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default

Updated the original post with my UWorld average score (62%).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr.kaushik (05-18-2011)
 
  #4  
Old 05-18-2011
mle guy's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 264
Threads: 16
Thanked 350 Times in 165 Posts
Reputation: 360
Smile Congrats

Thats great man! Many congrats for that.
Wish you best of luck for step1. You will do even better in that because you'l be done with med school and you can go all out on your prep.
Best of luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 05-18-2011
Banned
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 751
Threads: 133
Thanked 309 Times in 192 Posts
Reputation: 319
Default

Congratulations for this very good score. Anyone who attempts USMLE and passes it deserves all the respect. Best of luck for step 1!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Haisook (05-18-2011)
  #6  
Old 05-18-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CK Only
Posts: 51
Threads: 20
Thanked 24 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle guy View Post
Thats great man! Many congrats for that.
Wish you best of luck for step1. You will do even better in that because you'l be done with med school and you can go all out on your prep.
Best of luck
Unfortunately I can't go all out, I will be working my foundation year jobs (residency type jobs) in the UK whilst I study. However, I have gotten quite easy going jobs and for at least the first four months, I will have 4-5 hours worth of time to study whilst at work and then obviously extra time when I get home from work, so I am confident I can spend enough time studying for Step 1!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 05-18-2011
mle guy's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 264
Threads: 16
Thanked 350 Times in 165 Posts
Reputation: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansaraf View Post
Unfortunately I can't go all out, I will be working my foundation year jobs (residency type jobs) in the UK whilst I study. However, I have gotten quite easy going jobs and for at least the first four months, I will have 4-5 hours worth of time to study whilst at work and then obviously extra time when I get home from work, so I am confident I can spend enough time studying for Step 1!
Great. Good luck with that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 05-18-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 167
Threads: 8
Thanked 134 Times in 47 Posts
Reputation: 144
Default hey

hey great score dude congratulation ..........best luck for next exam
Quote:
Originally Posted by karansaraf View Post
Hey guys,

I've gotten quite a bit of help from this forum, so I thought I'd post my experience, not sure it will be helpful for anyone, but may as well do it.

I got my result today - 227/99. Extremely happy, as I thought I would have gotten a lower score. For me, this is a great score. I'm an English final year medical student. Mean for US and Canadian students was 230 and SD was 23. So I got a very average score by their standards, but I'm happy with it.

Exam date - 27th April 2011
I have not done Step 1 yet, I will be doing that in the next year hopefully.

Preparation time - September 2010 - 27th April 2011 (8 months).

Kaplan Step 2 CK Lecture Notes
USMLE World

September - December 2010
Internal Medicine
I did about a chapter a week since I was a final year medical student still doing rotations. I could have worked at a much faster pace in hindsight, but I was a bit lazy and thought this pace would be enough. I did each topic thoroughly though.

Had my "written finals" for med school in the second week of Jan.

January - March 2011
Peds, OBG, Psych
I realized I had very little time left so I really started to get a move on and work a lot faster. Still doing med school rotations.

March - 27th April 2011
Surgery and going over IM and Paeds/OBG/Psych for the second time.
Really working a lot now. Also had to revise for my final OSCE in med school which was a few weeks after my Step 2 CK.

I did a UWSA during the first few days of April and scored a predicted 227.
Overall USMLE World QBank average score = 62%, completed 88% of the QBank (Yeah, I was really slow on this. I should ideally have done many more questions each day but again my laziness and put-things-off-to-another-day attitude cost me!)


Test Day - 27th April 2011

Got a good night's sleep and arrived at the test center early.
Exam was very tough. There were a lot more questions on knowledge of investigations and management than I thought there would be. Knowledge of when to do certain tests in favour of others etc. I thought there would be more diagnosis type questions, especially syndromes in Paeds but there were very few. The 9 hours didn't take as much of a toll on me as I thought it would.

Blocks 1 & 2
~6 min break
Block 3
~6 min break
Block 4 & 5
10 min break
Block 6
10 min break
Block 7
10 min break
Block 8

Only things I ate and drank were 2 bottles of Red Bull, 1 half of a ham sandwich, and some Squares (like a sweet cereal bar).


Anyway, hope that's helpful. Thanks to everyone who has answered my questions in this forum over the past year, I'm very grateful. I will be bombarding the Step 1 forum with questions from August onwards no doubt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 05-21-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 137
Threads: 49
Thanked 120 Times in 51 Posts
Reputation: 140
Default Well Done

Congrats.....good score.

Wish u all the best on step one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Exam-Results, Step-2-CK-Experience

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Today I got my CK result, 258/99! rozirose USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 40 10-07-2011 08:51 AM
Got my result 99/233 soso84 USMLE Step 1 Forum 9 01-20-2011 08:42 PM
Got my result today 89/212 dracula440044 USMLE Step 1 Forum 5 01-19-2011 04:33 PM
i got my step 1 result today mohamedomar USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 12 12-06-2010 07:59 AM
WHEN will I get my result?! sharvaree19 ECFMG Forum 1 10-06-2009 07:49 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)