Passed CS!!!! Here's my advice now! - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     55,493 Members     241,185 Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CS Forum

USMLE Step 2 CS Forum USMLE Step 2 CS Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CS exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-15-2011
tkourkou's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 220
Threads: 35
Thanked 276 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 286
Smile Passed CS!!!! Here's my advice now!

Well, thank god I passed!!!!!!

I am sorry for not being active in the forum but I was so nervous about my results that i didn't want to write any false advice. Now that I passed, I will tell you my success story!

Took exam in Philly on May. Lot's of nervousness, thank god i practiced a lot! I couldn't look at the watch in the room! And I was left with my "internal watch". If i hadn't practiced guys I wouldn't be able to tell how much time elapsed and i WOULD BE SCREWED. Patients were laid back, and you could tell they were actors. Some of them were indifferent. Expect 2-3 tricky pts.

Study materials:

I will make it simple to you guys:

First Aid: Practiced the whole book with my non-doctor non-native-English speaking mom. Went over the mini cases again and again (although step2CK prepares you well for that)

UW: Bought it, didn't use it. For me a waste of money. The questions and answers to Qs are soooo vague!

CSEvideo: Used the same exact protocol. It helped me very very much. This is exactly what you ll see in the exam. Watch it repeatedly to take a grasp of the real situation.
__________________
No one has ever been killed from work
Reply With Quote
The above post was thanked by:
Ace3 (07-06-2011), angelina vivien (06-17-2011), bassatom (06-15-2011), bernicciaMD (06-15-2011), dr100 (06-16-2011), Haisook (06-16-2011), kemoo (06-16-2011), medicine (06-16-2011), rohitanand (06-15-2011), salthiga (11-10-2011), samstar (06-16-2011), shameldiesel (06-15-2011), sonu.agarwall (11-19-2011), Tofu (06-16-2011), tunde michael (06-16-2011), Valoulal (06-20-2011)




  #2  
Old 06-15-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 167
Threads: 8
Thanked 123 Times in 45 Posts
Reputation: 133
Default hey

hey congrats dude ........
can you send me link of CSE video download?
from where you got CSE video?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-15-2011
tkourkou's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 220
Threads: 35
Thanked 276 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardik221186 View Post
hey congrats dude ........
can you send me link of CSE video download?
from where you got CSE video?
I bough a subscription! Believe me it worths every penny
__________________
No one has ever been killed from work
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-15-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 43
Threads: 8
Thanked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Reputation: 23
Default

congratulations!!!

what is CSE video?

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-15-2011
tkourkou's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 220
Threads: 35
Thanked 276 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambition4 View Post
congratulations!!!

what is CSE video?

Thank you
http://csevideo.com/
__________________
No one has ever been killed from work
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-15-2011
Kartopia's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 12
Threads: 4
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 15
Default

Hello,

Congrats!

How long did it take you to prepare for CS?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-15-2011
tkourkou's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 220
Threads: 35
Thanked 276 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartopia View Post
Hello,

Congrats!

How long did it take you to prepare for CS?
studied for 1 month!
__________________
No one has ever been killed from work
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-15-2011
harlesmd's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 390
Threads: 40
Thanked 331 Times in 140 Posts
Reputation: 341
Default

Congrats buddy !!!
__________________
Time is immortal when you believe on something...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-16-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 146
Threads: 27
Thanked 72 Times in 42 Posts
Reputation: 82
Star congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkourkou View Post
Well, thank god I passed!!!!!!

I am sorry for not being active in the forum but I was so nervous about my results that i didn't want to write any false advice. Now that I passed, I will tell you my success story!

Took exam in Philly on May. Lot's of nervousness, thank god i practiced a lot! I couldn't look at the watch in the room! And I was left with my "internal watch". If i hadn't practiced guys I wouldn't be able to tell how much time elapsed and i WOULD BE SCREWED. Patients were laid back, and you could tell they were actors. Some of them were indifferent. Expect 2-3 tricky pts.

Study materials:

I will make it simple to you guys:

First Aid: Practiced the whole book with my non-doctor non-native-English speaking mom. Went over the mini cases again and again (although step2CK prepares you well for that)

UW: Bought it, didn't use it. For me a waste of money. The questions and answers to Qs are soooo vague!

CSEvideo: Used the same exact protocol. It helped me very very much. This is exactly what you ll see in the exam. Watch it repeatedly to take a grasp of the real situation.
hii tkourkou...even though u dont know me but i was avidly following ur posts.....u were one one the valuable contributions to the forum..please tell us ..what will be ur course of action now ????
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-16-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 124
Threads: 45
Thanked 67 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 77
Default

wow congrats!!

any advice for someone going in for the exam in a week??
am a nervous wreck.dnt knw what to do.feel kind of prepared but also scared.i practiced timing myself.am pretty ok with it.

were all ur cases doable?any trouble understanding the accents?
what did u do i week b4 the exm??

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-16-2011
Haisook's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 752
Threads: 124
Thanked 581 Times in 258 Posts
Reputation: 601
Default

Congrats tkourkou! I knew you would pass.

My exam is on July the 5th. I'm quite nervous, hope it goes well.

What are you going to do about Step 3? Will you sit for it soon?
__________________
I've regained my honor [99/99].
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-28-2011
tkourkou's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 220
Threads: 35
Thanked 276 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstar View Post
hii tkourkou...even though u dont know me but i was avidly following ur posts.....u were one one the valuable contributions to the forum..please tell us ..what will be ur course of action now ????
hello samstar and thank you for your kind words. Now that I finished all the steps I will prepare to apply for the 1st of September. I will try to take step 3 as soon as i find some time! What is your status? I would be glad to hear what are you up to!
__________________
No one has ever been killed from work
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-28-2011
tkourkou's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 220
Threads: 35
Thanked 276 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicine View Post
wow congrats!!

any advice for someone going in for the exam in a week??
am a nervous wreck.dnt knw what to do.feel kind of prepared but also scared.i practiced timing myself.am pretty ok with it.

were all ur cases doable?any trouble understanding the accents?
what did u do i week b4 the exm??

thanks
Medicine, I am so sorry for not replying to your post. Probably you have already taken the exam however, be sure that you have done the cases for the CS and PRACTISE as much as you can! Then I believe you will be ready. Make sure not to mess with timing because that's the only one that can screw you up!
__________________
No one has ever been killed from work
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-28-2011
tkourkou's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 220
Threads: 35
Thanked 276 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haisook View Post
Congrats tkourkou! I knew you would pass.

My exam is on July the 5th. I'm quite nervous, hope it goes well.

What are you going to do about Step 3? Will you sit for it soon?
Haisook. Just wanted to say good luck with your exam. We have been on the same boat for so long and now it feels like a dream that we finished this journey. I wish you good luck with the matching process, and may god bring you what you desire in life! My plan is to sit for step 3 in the fall, or actually as soon as I can but after the 1st of September. That way I will not forget step2 knowledge! What are your plans? As I said earlier in the above posts I am sorry for my delay!
__________________
No one has ever been killed from work
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-06-2011
tkourkou's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 220
Threads: 35
Thanked 276 Times in 98 Posts
Reputation: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haisook View Post
Congrats tkourkou! I knew you would pass.

My exam is on July the 5th. I'm quite nervous, hope it goes well.

What are you going to do about Step 3? Will you sit for it soon?
Haisook! How did it go?
__________________
No one has ever been killed from work
Reply With Quote



  #16  
Old 07-08-2011
Haisook's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 752
Threads: 124
Thanked 581 Times in 258 Posts
Reputation: 601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkourkou View Post
Haisook! How did it go?
Hi!

My CS went well, much better than I expected it to be, but I made some silly mistakes though (you can find mine in the "I have these mistakes" thread in the Recommended section), but I guess they weren't that serious.

How is your Step 3 prep? You may continue the discussion through PM to keep things in order here.
__________________
I've regained my honor [99/99].
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-08-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CK+CS
Posts: 11
Threads: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haisook View Post
Congrats tkourkou! I knew you would pass.

My exam is on July the 5th. I'm quite nervous, hope it goes well.

What are you going to do about Step 3? Will you sit for it soon?
How did u write u r step 2 cs . Any suggestions about materials or any thing.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-14-2011
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 6
Threads: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default

hi

was this your first try at the cs
this is mysecond try i have done 1 and ck but this test i used only fa first time and failed now im using csevideo i just got the monthly today and was wondering if you have any tips and i know the exam is very much like the csevideo i wish i used it first time
any thing you can share is good to hear
congrats and thanks
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-03-2011
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 9
Threads: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

congrats on passing
i used the csevideo and fa and im hope im as happy as you are when results show up

can you talk about any of your mistakes
im not sure if i made alot of mistakes or not
results will tell me

ihate this waiting process
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-09-2011
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 6
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

i need to be honest tourket

sorry i spelled your name wrong

i took your advice and month later took my cs
i am waiting for my results to come in
will let you know
good luck to you
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-17-2011
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 6
Threads: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 13
Default

hey t

i passed thank you for your advice i followed it and passed yahooo!
Reply With Quote



Reply

Tags
CS-Experience

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Passsed the CS, experience priypraks USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 1 06-15-2011 08:44 PM
Not sure I passed my CS exam tima USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 1 04-25-2011 09:44 AM
Thank u all; Passed with 99/254 drkaruppiaharun USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 10 09-02-2010 08:06 AM
Passed CK ... FSUSTC USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 6 08-21-2010 04:08 AM
Passed! ayash USMLE Step 1 Forum 15 07-30-2010 01:46 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)