USMLE Step 2 CS Experience in Philly! - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CS Forum

USMLE Step 2 CS Forum USMLE Step 2 CS Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CS exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-18-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 51
Threads: 10
Thanked 25 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 35
Cool USMLE Step 2 CS Experience in Philly!

I am an IMG, and it's funny because it is just now that i read that Philly is not good for IMG's, and Im like, oh shoot, i just took the CS at philly. Anyway, there's nothing i can do about that now huh.

To tell you honestly, i did so much better during practice w/ a doctor friend, perhaps the nerves, but i tried to be calm and do what i had to. I had so many mistakes, here and there both in the encounter and the PN. Wasn't able to close in two cases (knocked on to get out), didn't do a complete neuro exam on most cases, I don't even know if the abd PE i did was acceptable, shook hands w/ gloves on in 1 case (bummer), I forgot to ask many important questions here and there. And MORE, i swear. I AM SO NERVOUS. And as the day goes by, I remember a lot of potential mistakes that can take on my grade. So I am hoping to pass.. I really am, despite the thought of "IMG's not good in Philly", I thought the staff was great though, real friendly and comfortable to work with, even the SP's, I don't think I've encountered cold patients, although there were 2 cases that I didn't really know what was it about. So I hope it's true that the what Center to take CS doesn't matter anymore, besides I took it there because I have family near there, so that's saves me accommodation beyond anything else.

My mind seems to be afloat thinking of how I did on that day. I am not so sure right now. I prepared for 20 days more or less, used FA, saw CSEvideo, but only checked the video part for PE, and practiced for about 6 days. I had a terrible jet lag when I arrived here at the US, so I had to deal with it 6 days before the test. I am really hoping for a PASS, a miracle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drzamzam (11-01-2015)




  #2  
Old 07-18-2011
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 2
Threads: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Reputation: 11
Default

To sunMD....the best thing to do now is just relax and forget about it. You have 6 weeks to know whether your nerves or the jet lag got the best of you or not. As far as Philly not being good for CS, i feel it doesnt matter where an IMG takes the CS, i dont think they are biased....just a myth so ignore that.

I am an IMG and i took my CS in Philly back in March...i felt the same way when i left the testing center....i made a lot of minor mistakes in the encounter as well as the PN. But thankfully i passed, the last week of the 6 weeks waiting was the worst but it worked out for the best.

So again, just relax and forget about it. Work on whatever is next for you....cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drzamzam (11-01-2015)
  #3  
Old 07-18-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 51
Threads: 10
Thanked 25 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amych View Post
To sunMD....the best thing to do now is just relax and forget about it. You have 6 weeks to know whether your nerves or the jet lag got the best of you or not. As far as Philly not being good for CS, i feel it doesnt matter where an IMG takes the CS, i dont think they are biased....just a myth so ignore that.

I am an IMG and i took my CS in Philly back in March...i felt the same way when i left the testing center....i made a lot of minor mistakes in the encounter as well as the PN. But thankfully i passed, the last week of the 6 weeks waiting was the worst but it worked out for the best.

So again, just relax and forget about it. Work on whatever is next for you....cheers
Thanks amych. I am just so afraid. I know the feeling is normal, but then again, I just want to pass just like you, congratulations by the way. =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 07-19-2011
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 7
Threads: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

i am an img and was in same position..came to know about philly after taking exam...made a lot of mistakes but passed it anyways so dont worry about center..now relax and pray..gl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-19-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 51
Threads: 10
Thanked 25 Times in 13 Posts
Reputation: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irsu View Post
i am an img and was in same position..came to know about philly after taking exam...made a lot of mistakes but passed it anyways so dont worry about center..now relax and pray..gl
Thanks irsu, u guys make me feel stronger ans hopeful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-14-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 95
Threads: 7
Thanked 67 Times in 21 Posts
Reputation: 87
Default Step 2 cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunMD View Post
I am an IMG, and it's funny because it is just now that i read that Philly is not good for IMG's, and Im like, oh shoot, i just took the CS at philly. Anyway, there's nothing i can do about that now huh.

To tell you honestly, i did so much better during practice w/ a doctor friend, perhaps the nerves, but i tried to be calm and do what i had to. I had so many mistakes, here and there both in the encounter and the PN. Wasn't able to close in two cases (knocked on to get out), didn't do a complete neuro exam on most cases, I don't even know if the abd PE i did was acceptable, shook hands w/ gloves on in 1 case (bummer), I forgot to ask many important questions here and there. And MORE, i swear. I AM SO NERVOUS. And as the day goes by, I remember a lot of potential mistakes that can take on my grade. So I am hoping to pass.. I really am, despite the thought of "IMG's not good in Philly", I thought the staff was great though, real friendly and comfortable to work with, even the SP's, I don't think I've encountered cold patients, although there were 2 cases that I didn't really know what was it about. So I hope it's true that the what Center to take CS doesn't matter anymore, besides I took it there because I have family near there, so that's saves me accommodation beyond anything else.

My mind seems to be afloat thinking of how I did on that day. I am not so sure right now. I prepared for 20 days more or less, used FA, saw CSEvideo, but only checked the video part for PE, and practiced for about 6 days. I had a terrible jet lag when I arrived here at the US, so I had to deal with it 6 days before the test. I am really hoping for a PASS, a miracle.
Thanks for the post and think positive .
What matters is how you performed .. the center I do not think it matters too much .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
CS-Experience, Philadelphia-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My USMLE Step 1 Experience: 261/99 neuromat USMLE Step 1 Forum 29 09-12-2016 03:23 PM
My USMLE Step 1 Experience Seetal USMLE Step 1 Forum 17 08-11-2011 11:00 AM
Looking for USMLE Step 2 CS study partner in Philly bogdang USMLE Step 2 CS Study Partners 0 04-27-2011 09:02 AM
My USMLE step 1 examination experience tkourkou USMLE Step 1 Forum 19 12-17-2010 04:18 AM
Looking for Step 1 study partner in Philly Aviram USMLE Step 1 Study Partners 0 10-01-2009 04:24 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)