Bebix experience with the CS exam - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CS Forum

USMLE Step 2 CS Forum USMLE Step 2 CS Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CS exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-01-2012
bebix's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,357
Threads: 194
Thanked 3,259 Times in 881 Posts
Reputation: 3269
Smile Bebix experience with the CS exam

I'm an IMG and I took the exam in Philly.

I used:
- FA
- http://www.youtube.com/user/mdofola for PE
- http://csprotocol.blogspot.com/ (GREAT LINK!)
- Kaplan Medical Step 2 CS... Great tips for writing the patient notes! (good abbreviations for the PE part!!!)

and of course, I practiced a lot!

I didnt like CSEvideo and I also bought UW, but I almost didnt use it ( I used the tips part...pretty good!!!)!.

My exam:
I finished all the cases in the 15 min period....the SPs were super nice...in 2 cases, I didnt have enough time to finish the patient notes...and I always washed my hands!

If you practice a lot and read FA, you gonna be more than fine!

Good luck to everyone!



Bebix experience with the CS exam-cs.jpg
click image to enlarge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Abdulaziz (02-01-2012), aiminghigh (02-01-2012), aknz (04-17-2013), Cairo (02-10-2012), Dr_Laura (02-01-2012), dr.Zh (11-21-2012), drnirajmavani (02-01-2012), jahn77 (02-01-2012), maksemous (02-01-2012), mlegal (02-04-2012), mzee74 (02-04-2012), namita (02-02-2012), pass7 (02-01-2012), rani001 (01-07-2013), rulz (03-08-2012), tangled (02-01-2012), TenderLovingDoc (02-22-2013), tootsie (02-01-2012), tuflife (02-02-2012), usmleimg (02-01-2012), Yula (02-01-2012)




  #2  
Old 02-01-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1 + CS
Posts: 13
Threads: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Reputation: 14
Default

Congrats!! You did really good!..
I just have a question: Do you think you could've saved more time if instead of washing hands you had just put on gloves? I'm still arguing in my mind between which one I'll do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (02-01-2012)
  #3  
Old 02-01-2012
bebix's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,357
Threads: 194
Thanked 3,259 Times in 881 Posts
Reputation: 3269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yula View Post
Congrats!! You did really good!..
I just have a question: Do you think you could've saved more time if instead of washing hands you had just put on gloves? I'm still arguing in my mind between which one I'll do
Yeap, definitely you could....I friend of mine used gloves and he also passed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 02-01-2012
tootsie's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 433
Threads: 16
Thanked 284 Times in 199 Posts
Reputation: 294
Thumbs Up

Thank you bebix,

I was wondering why you hadn't posted CS experience. In my mind I thought "ahh, she probably didn't because she considered it a piece o' cake".

Awesome results.... Congrats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (02-01-2012)
  #5  
Old 02-01-2012
bebix's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,357
Threads: 194
Thanked 3,259 Times in 881 Posts
Reputation: 3269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsie View Post
Thank you bebix,

I was wondering why you hadn't posted CS experience. In my mind I thought "ahh, she probably didn't because she considered it a piece o' cake".

Awesome results.... Congrats!
haha...actually, i forgot to do it....and today, when I was searching the step 3 forum, I realized that I hadn't posted my CS experience....ups
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
tootsie (02-01-2012)
  #6  
Old 02-01-2012
qurat21's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 623
Threads: 62
Thanked 287 Times in 186 Posts
Reputation: 297
Default

congrats....i was looking forward to ur post on cs..glad u did great..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (02-01-2012)
  #7  
Old 02-01-2012
Dr_Laura's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 499
Threads: 85
Thanked 529 Times in 222 Posts
Reputation: 539
Default

Congrats Bebix! How long did you prepare for?
__________________
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (02-02-2012)
  #8  
Old 02-01-2012
drnirajmavani's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 268
Threads: 14
Thanked 103 Times in 69 Posts
Reputation: 113
Default

congratulations bebix... a step closer to your dream residency..

can you tell me, is a month enough for preparing for cs,if i try practicing full time ? also, i m finding it difficult finding a partner in this forum? is there any other specific forum / place where i can easily find a study partner.?

thanks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (02-02-2012)
  #9  
Old 02-01-2012
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 45
Threads: 5
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Reputation: 32
Default

congrats .. u rock as always....well can u tell me in which part of patient note we would compromise if we run out of time ???and i m img and heard lot abt philly for cs exam and Sps.. so pls share ur experience abt exam in philly..it would be helpful for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (02-02-2012)
  #10  
Old 02-01-2012
pass7's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 406
Threads: 30
Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts
Reputation: 150
Default

Congrats!!! and many many best wishes and good luck ahead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (02-02-2012)
  #11  
Old 02-02-2012
bebix's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,357
Threads: 194
Thanked 3,259 Times in 881 Posts
Reputation: 3269
Default

@Dr_Laura 1 month, but you can do it in 3 weeks or less if you really commit

@drnirajmavani I already finished the residency of my dreams, but thanks for the good wishes ...I found 2 partners in this forum! , but if you wanna be pro-active, you should also try usmleforum.com . Good luck!

@usmleimg ... I ran out of time in 2 cases, and I couldnt finish the PE part... and they gave me points!. About Philly? everybody was super nice...dont worry if your english is not excellent or you have accent...just be professional!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
aknz (04-17-2013), Dr_Laura (02-05-2012), drnirajmavani (02-02-2012)
  #12  
Old 02-02-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 157
Threads: 33
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 20
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebix View Post
I'm an IMG and I took the exam in Philly.

I used:
- FA
- http://www.youtube.com/user/mdofola for PE
- http://csprotocol.blogspot.com/ (GREAT LINK!)
- Kaplan Medical Step 2 CS... Great tips for writing the patient notes! (good abbreviations for the PE part!!!)

and of course, I practiced a lot!

I didnt like CSEvideo and I also bought UW, but I almost didnt use it ( I used the tips part...pretty good!!!)!.

My exam:
I finished all the cases in the 15 min period....the SPs were super nice...in 2 cases, I didnt have enough time to finish the patient notes...and I always washed my hands!

If you practice a lot and read FA, you gonna be more than fine!

Good luck to everyone!



Attachment 2308
click image to enlarge
Were you stressed out in the exam, and how did u manage not being stressed in the exam and not showing it to the examiner ? thanks alot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (02-02-2012)
  #13  
Old 02-02-2012
bebix's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,357
Threads: 194
Thanked 3,259 Times in 881 Posts
Reputation: 3269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drzamzam View Post
Were you stressed out in the exam, and how did u manage not being stressed in the exam and not showing it to the examiner ? thanks alot
Of course!...Im human, hahaha...I dont know how...i guess, taking a deep breath before every encounter...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
maksemous (02-02-2012)
  #14  
Old 02-02-2012
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 296
Threads: 41
Thanked 167 Times in 102 Posts
Reputation: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebix View Post
Of course!...Im human, hahaha...I dont know how...i guess, taking a deep breath before every encounter...
hi bebix
congrats! you are an inspiration to me
pls i wanna know did you take your cs before ck?
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (02-02-2012)
  #15  
Old 02-02-2012
bebix's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,357
Threads: 194
Thanked 3,259 Times in 881 Posts
Reputation: 3269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativedoc2 View Post
hi bebix
congrats! you are an inspiration to me
pls i wanna know did you take your cs before ck?
thanks
Thanks!...yes, I took Step 2 CS 5 weeks after Step 1...(before CK)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
nativedoc2 (02-02-2012)



  #16  
Old 02-02-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 167
Threads: 8
Thanked 134 Times in 47 Posts
Reputation: 144
Default HEY

Hey bebix congratulation for your result.wish u good luck for ur future.ur post is very useful.
I can type 17 word / minute.
1.could you please tell me if we have shortage of time in patient note,which portion we can sacrifice and which portion we should write first?
2.did u write d/d and d/work up in uppercase?
3.did u write pe in upper case?
4.did u write history in uppercase?
5.when did u use upper case and lower case?
thank you very much for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (02-02-2012)
  #17  
Old 02-02-2012
bebix's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,357
Threads: 194
Thanked 3,259 Times in 881 Posts
Reputation: 3269
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardik221186 View Post
Hey bebix congratulation for your result.wish u good luck for ur future.ur post is very useful.
I can type 17 word / minute.
1.could you please tell me if we have shortage of time in patient note,which portion we can sacrifice and which portion we should write first?
2.did u write d/d and d/work up in uppercase?
3.did u write pe in upper case?
4.did u write history in uppercase?
5.when did u use upper case and lower case?
thank you very much for your help
1. I only can tell you my experience.... I ran out of time in 2 cases, and I couldnt finish the PE part of the notes, and I passed.

2-5...Upper or Lowercase...who cares!... you really dont have much time to think about that...sometimes UC, sometimes LC...a lot of typos and I passed....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
tootsie (02-02-2012)
  #18  
Old 02-02-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 167
Threads: 8
Thanked 134 Times in 47 Posts
Reputation: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebix View Post
1. I only can tell you my experience.... I ran out of time in 2 cases, and I couldnt finish the PE part of the notes, and I passed.

2-5...Upper or Lowercase...who cares!... you really dont have much time to think about that...sometimes UC, sometimes LC...a lot of typos and I passed....
hey u say u used both upper case and lower case..................did u use lower case in abbreviation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 02-02-2012
bebix's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,357
Threads: 194
Thanked 3,259 Times in 881 Posts
Reputation: 3269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardik221186 View Post
hey u say u used both upper case and lower case..................did u use lower case in abbreviation?
OMG!!!!...does not matter!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....someti mes i received the PC used but the previous colleague in Caps lock...sometime I did not....DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!!!!!

if you know the material, you gonna be fine!
IF YOU KNOW THE MATERIAL, YOU GONNA BE FINE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20  
Old 02-02-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 167
Threads: 8
Thanked 134 Times in 47 Posts
Reputation: 144
Default hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebix View Post
OMG!!!!...does not matter!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....someti mes i received the PC used but the previous colleague in Caps lock...sometime I did not....DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!!!!!

if you know the material, you gonna be fine!
IF YOU KNOW THE MATERIAL, YOU GONNA BE FINE!
hey thanks for ur suggestion.congrats again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (02-02-2012)
  #21  
Old 02-02-2012
tootsie's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 433
Threads: 16
Thanked 284 Times in 199 Posts
Reputation: 294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardik221186 View Post
Hey bebix congratulation for your result.wish u good luck for ur future.ur post is very useful.
I can type 17 word / minute.
1.could you please tell me if we have shortage of time in patient note,which portion we can sacrifice and which portion we should write first?
2.did u write d/d and d/work up in uppercase?
3.did u write pe in upper case?
4.did u write history in uppercase?
5.when did u use upper case and lower case?
thank you very much for your help
Hey hardik, there is this software called Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing. Anyways, if you do at least 2 days of this or even 1, you can greatly improve your typing speed if this is causing you anxiety. To the point where it really wouldn't matter if you have to do it caps or no caps because it becomes so mechanical for you. This was one of my concerns also because I had only done Mavis Beacon to learn fast typing but never continued it to realize that further along they teach you how to caps and even locate the numbers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
bebix (02-02-2012)
  #22  
Old 02-02-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 167
Threads: 8
Thanked 134 Times in 47 Posts
Reputation: 144
Default hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsie View Post
Hey hardik, there is this software called. Anyways, if you do at least 2 days of this or even 1, you can greatly improve your typing speed if this is causing you anxiety. To the point where it really wouldn't matter if you have to do it caps or no caps because it becomes so mechanical for you. This was one of my concerns also because I had only done Mavis Beacon to learn fast typing but never continued it to realize that further along they teach you how to caps and even locate the numbers.

hey tootsie
I am so grateful for your help. I would like to thank you in a way i cannot describe. I would maintain that thanks at the highest form of thought in mind , and the gratitude given i hope you well. Thank you for the time you have helped me and many regards sincerely to you.

Thank you very much ,
i have one more question what did u do in ur exam abt ur pn?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23  
Old 02-02-2012
tootsie's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 433
Threads: 16
Thanked 284 Times in 199 Posts
Reputation: 294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardik221186 View Post
hey tootsie
I am so grateful for your help. I would like to thank you in a way i cannot describe. I would maintain that thanks at the highest form of thought in mind , and the gratitude given i hope you well. Thank you for the time you have helped me and many regards sincerely to you.

Thank you very much ,
i have one more question what did u do in ur exam abt ur pn?
No prob. I'm studying to take in in the next few weeks. Although I type fast enough (30-35 words per minute) I was also nervous about the caps vs non caps thing.

Like bebix mentioned, it doesn't matter AT ALL. I just wanted to do it for my own satisfaction but it is not required. It's not a spelling bee contest either, you can misspell and have typos and it wouldn't matter because they are not grading you on that.

That said, someone here in the forum mentioned that all-caps is ugly in the sense that it seems to be written in a yelling manner. I don't know how true that is, but personally, I hate reading paragraphs in all caps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24  
Old 02-02-2012
bebix's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,357
Threads: 194
Thanked 3,259 Times in 881 Posts
Reputation: 3269
Default

@hardik221186 ... I followed "Kaplan Medical USMLE Step 2 CS" style... great and inexpensive book! (I bought the kindle version for 15U$!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25  
Old 02-02-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 167
Threads: 8
Thanked 134 Times in 47 Posts
Reputation: 144
Default hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebix View Post
@hardik221186 ... I followed "Kaplan Medical USMLE Step 2 CS" style... great and inexpensive book! (I bought the kindle version for 15U$!)
hey bebix,
Thank you for the time you have helped me and many regards sincerely to you.


Thank you very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #26  
Old 02-02-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 167
Threads: 8
Thanked 134 Times in 47 Posts
Reputation: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsie View Post
Hey hardik, there is this software called Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing. Anyways, if you do at least 2 days of this or even 1, you can greatly improve your typing speed if this is causing you anxiety. To the point where it really wouldn't matter if you have to do it caps or no caps because it becomes so mechanical for you. This was one of my concerns also because I had only done Mavis Beacon to learn fast typing but never continued it to realize that further along they teach you how to caps and even locate the numbers.

which version best maviss beacon teaches typing deluxe, platinum etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #27  
Old 02-02-2012
tootsie's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 433
Threads: 16
Thanked 284 Times in 199 Posts
Reputation: 294
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardik221186 View Post
which version best maviss beacon teaches typing deluxe, platinum etc?
I have platinum, although I don't know the difference between the two. Just use anyone that you can get your hands on. It really doesn't matter. The plan is not to become a stenographer writing 200 words per minute. All you need is to learn the basics...enough to make the patient note typing the least of your worries.

That book bebix mentioned is excellent at PN and also on interpersonal communication. I'm planning on reading it a 2nd time. If you're in the US, you can get it from amazon. I bought mine used (even though it was spankin' new still in plastic) for $13. If you're not in US, then order it on kindle (provided you have one).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #28  
Old 02-02-2012
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 167
Threads: 8
Thanked 134 Times in 47 Posts
Reputation: 144
Default hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsie View Post
I have platinum, although I don't know the difference between the two. Just use anyone that you can get your hands on. It really doesn't matter. The plan is not to become a stenographer writing 200 words per minute. All you need is to learn the basics...enough to make the patient note typing the least of your worries.

That book bebix mentioned is excellent at PN and also on interpersonal communication. I'm planning on reading it a 2nd time. If you're in the US, you can get it from amazon. I bought mine used (even though it was spankin' new still in plastic) for $13. If you're not in US, then order it on kindle (provided you have one).
hey i m fro boston. i have tablet. i will try for that book.
anyway thanks dude. best luck for ur cs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
tootsie (02-02-2012)



Reply

Tags
CS-Experience, Exam-Results, Score-Reports-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exam Experience Hanadi USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 5 06-20-2013 12:07 PM
My experience for May 3rd exam.. warriodoc USMLE Step 1 Forum 24 09-09-2012 05:33 AM
aisakya Exam Day Experience aisakya USMLE Step 1 Forum 19 11-10-2011 06:24 AM
My Exam Experience 224/96 sanakalim82 USMLE Step 1 Forum 7 08-19-2011 10:12 AM
My exam experience! susanbal USMLE Step 1 Forum 11 07-13-2011 07:36 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)