KMCL Step 2 CS Experience
FIrst Im going to start with the cliche everyone starts with.... but Im a real person so if anybody wants tips, u can always email me.
I started particing for CS and the beginning of January, and was going to take the exam on Feb. 10, at first I had no study partner, so I decided the the best thing to do was to take the FA and reading front to back, and thats what I did, I then started reading the practice cases, (yes, all 41) and I just read the chief complaint and in a peace of paper started writing what I would ask... after that, I went back to the questions in FA and noticed what I missed.
Then, I went to my computer and started typing the PN.
I did that for about 2 weeks, until I finally had a partner I could practice with, I in turned out that what Ive done previously made the practice so much easier.
What I can tell u is... NOTHING that u do can help u for that day. I had the advantage that my study partner had taken a CS course and she told me EVERYTHING they tought her (thats another big advice Im giving u if u wanna save money)... but THE DAY.. I was terrified.
I started my first case and it was a difficult one, cuz I had no idea how to perform the PE without undrapping the patient (which they told me was a non no) and then when I came back to write the PN I started noticing I forget to ask alot of questions.... and that pretty much happened in all 12 cases.
What I DID DO RIGHT: (and I think help me alot).
1. Take ur time reading the chief complaint and writing ur pnemonics (I noticed alot of US students or graduates dont take that much time in the door info... dont worry, just take ur time. I was literally the last one to go in in every case and the first one to go out)
2. knock everytime u go in a room and present urself. Ask them.. Mr____? that way u already told the their name and got that one point.
3. Drape after uve introduced urself.
4. After ure done, always make a quick review of what they've told u so far.. and ask "Is there anything else u wanna tellme" (If u forget something they almost always tell u)
5. Wash ur hands, and when u are talk to them about something. I'd always ask them their occupation while I was washing.
6. Always explain to the what u're going to do on the PE beforehand.
7. When ure done, tell them"thank you" and explain tops 2 differentials and 2 workups u wanna do (not more then 2)
8. and ALWAYS ask, "do u have any questions"
9. If someone coughs, offer water.. always be polite and try to smile once in a while. I know its hard and u're nervous and its NOTHING like being in a real hospital, but if I could do it u guys can to.
10. My BIGGEST advice.. PRAY... everyday beforehand, give to the Lord u're day and ask for His help. He'll never say no
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My Step 1 Experience||lemontea88||USMLE Step 1 Forum||21||11-26-2016 04:21 AM|
|My Step 1 Experience: 269/99||maryjane85||USMLE Step 1 Forum||60||10-23-2016 12:24 PM|
|My Step 1 experience 258/89||mayursn39||USMLE Step 1 Forum||29||11-26-2014 01:15 PM|
|My experience Step 1 and 2CK||drwagner||USMLE Step 1 Forum||1||10-21-2011 08:15 PM|
|My 255/99 Step 1 Experience||sufi||USMLE Step 1 Forum||43||09-13-2011 09:01 PM|