Am I going to fail?
I studied for 1 month and in the last 2 weeks I practiced with a friend
this is my experience :
at the of the exam it was stressful
1. forgot to wear gloves in 1 station
2. when i summarized the history for the patient , i got things wrong and then corrected.
3. forgot to counsel about alcohol and smoking in many stations.
4. one of the SPs almost laughed at me ( it was in ER setting)
5. forgot to ask many questions to ask .
I don't know guys , is that enough to fail ??
thanks step taker,
i will post all the mistakes and the things the i did right
1. maybe 3 cases didnt know the differentials
2. didnt wash or wear gloves in 1 case
3. totally forgot about asking cage or alcohol counseling
4. some cases got incorrect information when i summarized
5. 3-4 cases didnt ask focused questions about his main disease (bcz i figured out late in the encounter)
6. all female pts whether they were young or old i addressed them as MS.
7. I don't think my PNs were complete in all cases although didnt leave any section blank
8. one of the patients smiled when she asked me (why are you asking these Q .. she meant the social history Qs ....and i just said it could be related to your illness)
9. forgot about the leg rest in many encounters
10. asked some pts Qs when I was examining them
my positives( i guess):
1. introduced, smiled , empathized, asked permission for anything.
2. answered all Qs they have
3. did closures in all cases + p/e
4. maintained an eye contact with them
5. told about confidentiality
what do you think guys ???
waiting for your feedback
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Do you think I will fail?||stupidme||USMLE Step 2 CS Forum||2||03-01-2013 03:31 AM|
|CS Fail; What to do?||teaandtoast||IMG Residency Match Forum||5||02-03-2013 07:01 PM|
|Will I fail the CS?||SurinderYama||USMLE Step 2 CS Forum||8||01-02-2013 01:15 PM|
|Fail in CK Need some help!||CK Syndrome||USMLE Step 2 CK Forum||4||01-26-2012 11:48 AM|
|Why do people fail?||ayash||USMLE Step 1 Forum||4||02-02-2010 03:04 PM|