I failed with Ximedus review, please avoid it - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CS Forum

USMLE Step 2 CS Forum USMLE Step 2 CS Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CS exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-18-2013
Banned
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 1
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Stop I failed with Ximedus review, please avoid it

I got big fail in ICE with * in lower performance, i spent alot of money to attend the Xemedus review in florida, defnitely not worth it, I got my cs results and discovered I failed in the ICE, i went to the florida review course Xemedus, they trained me wrong in the hx taking and pe review, it was a big mistake for me, please dont make the same mistake for me, dr Roweley did not give an effective review, for the amount of the flight and the cost of the review, it definitely was not worth it, the patient actors they have a subpar they dont really care about your success and they break character several times, it was a total waste of money
i am really dissappointed by the lack of quality of the course,
now I am going to have a difficult time in getting residency
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message




  #2  
Old 06-18-2013
shima's Avatar
Banned
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,106
Threads: 64
Thanked 574 Times in 378 Posts
Reputation: 593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliedoc View Post
I got big fail in ICE with * in lower performance, i spent alot of money to attend the Xemedus review in florida, defnitely not worth it, I got my cs results and discovered I failed in the ICE, i went to the florida review course Xemedus, they trained me wrong in the hx taking and pe review, it was a big mistake for me, please dont make the same mistake for me, dr Roweley did not give an effective review, for the amount of the flight and the cost of the review, it definitely was not worth it, the patient actors they have a subpar they dont really care about your success and they break character several times, it was a total waste of money
i am really dissappointed by the lack of quality of the course,
now I am going to have a difficult time in getting residency
what mistakes did you make

why did you register so late on this forum to tell us this,


why have you not asked any forum members for help before,

I think this is.

TROLL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr. Jacob (01-30-2015), Novobiocin (06-19-2013), tramps (06-19-2013), XpaezX (06-19-2013)
  #3  
Old 06-19-2013
val7's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 557
Threads: 29
Thanked 296 Times in 186 Posts
Reputation: 316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shima View Post
what mistakes did you make

why did you register so late on this forum to tell us this,


why have you not asked any forum members for help before,

I think this is.

TROLL

I cannot believe you, shima!
Someone tells us about their experience and tries to warn others, and all you can think of is insulting them?
what happened to treating other people with respect?
It is not anyone's duty to register here as soon as they find out a course is not very good (or whatever) in order to tell YOU. and besides, you are stating you already took step 2 CS on your profile.
Please try to keep a respectful environment on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 06-19-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 22
Threads: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Reputation: 17
Default

I am sorry to hear what happened about you failing the exam.. During time like this we tend to blame other people and that is totally understandable.. I also attended ximedus.. I realized that the ICE part of the exam is based on your core knowledge that you got during medical school or experience and no review course will help you with that.. They can't increase your knowledge.. They are effective for CIS and SEP since that is the focus of their course.. I remember them being honest about this thing.. Remember it is a 3-5 day course only.. You are expecting too much from them..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 06-19-2013
XpaezX's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,216
Threads: 41
Thanked 1,327 Times in 711 Posts
Reputation: 1342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by val7 View Post
I cannot believe you, shima!
Someone tells us about their experience and tries to warn others, and all you can think of is insulting them?
what happened to treating other people with respect?
It is not anyone's duty to register here as soon as they find out a course is not very good (or whatever) in order to tell YOU. and besides, you are stating you already took step 2 CS on your profile.
Please try to keep a respectful environment on here.
The reason this is very suspicious is because this is the 2nd time in 1 week somebody registers to attack a particular CS course.

First it was Kaplan, now this Ximedus thing
Also because these guys do the same in other forums and start opening numerous threads and insulting people.
IF you go to the other forum that is similar to this one but without the "-" and without an S you will see the same, those threads end closed because this is in fact spam+trolling.

I dont think this guy failed because of the course he took, but because of himself.. courses dont guarantee a pass/fail; they are just a guide.

If courses guaranteed a pass then everybody would be passing every exam on earth. If you analyze the thread opener post you will see that nothing makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
cearamor (06-19-2013), citadel08 (05-18-2015), Dr. Jacob (01-30-2015), Novobiocin (06-19-2013), shima (06-19-2013), tramps (06-19-2013)
  #6  
Old 06-19-2013
cearamor's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 223
Threads: 5
Thanked 183 Times in 102 Posts
Reputation: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpaezX View Post
The reason this is very suspicious is because this is the 2nd time in 1 week somebody registers to attack a particular CS course.

First it was Kaplan, now this Ximedus thing
Also because these guys do the same in other forums and start opening numerous threads and insulting people.
IF you go to the other forum that is similar to this one but without the "-" and without an S you will see the same, those threads end closed because this is in fact spam+trolling.

I dont think this guy failed because of the course he took, but because of himself.. courses dont guarantee a pass/fail; they are just a guide.

If courses guaranteed a pass then everybody would be passing every exam on earth. If you analyze the thread opener post you will see that nothing makes sense.
I agree with you.. This thread is really suspicious.. I took ximedus, but didn't get the results back yet.. Perhaps only next wednesday.. Anyway, If I fail, it will be a matter of time management, not the course..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr. Jacob (01-30-2015), shima (06-19-2013), tramps (06-19-2013)
  #7  
Old 06-19-2013
shima's Avatar
Banned
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,106
Threads: 64
Thanked 574 Times in 378 Posts
Reputation: 593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shima View Post
what mistakes did you make

why did you register so late on this forum to tell us this,


why have you not asked any forum members for help before,

I think this is.

TROLL

this person has posted on numerous forums, numerous, the same story.

If some one actually think they failed because of a review course they really need to have a reality check.

it is clear they failed due to a character flaw.

Even on this forum he made over couple of posts about the same experience.

this person failed due to having a very bad character flaw,

one being as we saw now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
cearamor (06-19-2013), Dr. Jacob (01-30-2015), tramps (06-19-2013), XpaezX (06-19-2013)
  #8  
Old 06-19-2013
val7's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: CS Only
Posts: 557
Threads: 29
Thanked 296 Times in 186 Posts
Reputation: 316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpaezX View Post
The reason this is very suspicious is because this is the 2nd time in 1 week somebody registers to attack a particular CS course.

First it was Kaplan, now this Ximedus thing
Also because these guys do the same in other forums and start opening numerous threads and insulting people.
IF you go to the other forum that is similar to this one but without the "-" and without an S you will see the same, those threads end closed because this is in fact spam+trolling.

I dont think this guy failed because of the course he took, but because of himself.. courses dont guarantee a pass/fail; they are just a guide.

If courses guaranteed a pass then everybody would be passing every exam on earth. If you analyze the thread opener post you will see that nothing makes sense.

Oh ok, I guess I did not know the word "troll" meant spam as well, I just saw it as an insult, plus I did not understand shima's reasoning ('why didn't you ask forum members for help', ...)
But yeah, it does look suspicious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
shima (06-19-2013)
  #9  
Old 06-19-2013
XpaezX's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,216
Threads: 41
Thanked 1,327 Times in 711 Posts
Reputation: 1342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by val7 View Post
Oh ok, I guess I did not know the word "troll" meant spam as well, I just saw it as an insult, plus I did not understand shima's reasoning ('why didn't you ask forum members for help', ...)
But yeah, it does look suspicious.
Yup, the word troll in other forums has been defined as a person that lurks (that is.. doesnt comment, just observes from the distance) and then out of nowhere strikes (in this case attacks) just for fun/frustration or a combination of both.

When you open numerous threads you are a spammer.

When you open numerous threads and attack/complain then you are a troll.

IN this particular case this guy is both, because he has opened several threads in a limited timeframe in various forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Dr. Jacob (01-30-2015), nishaa (06-19-2013), shima (06-19-2013), val7 (06-19-2013)
  #10  
Old 06-19-2013
shima's Avatar
Banned
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 1,106
Threads: 64
Thanked 574 Times in 378 Posts
Reputation: 593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpaezX View Post
Yup, the word troll in other forums has been defined as a person that lurks (that is.. doesnt comment, just observes from the distance) and then out of nowhere strikes (in this case attacks) just for fun/frustration or a combination of both.

When you open numerous threads you are a spammer.

When you open numerous threads and attack/complain then you are a troll.

IN this particular case this guy is both, because he has opened several threads in a limited timeframe in various forums.
this is the best explanation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 05-18-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default Dr Aris

I too failed the step 2 CS back in 2009 after attending this course and failed to get into residency that year because of it. The course was not good at all compared with Kaplan. After Kaplan I totally ACED this exam. Kaplan was extremely focused, detailed and blunt. My performance was sky-high after Kaplan in Newark and I wished I had not fallen into the Ximedus trap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
citadel08 (05-18-2015)
  #12  
Old 05-18-2015
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 276
Threads: 21
Thanked 133 Times in 70 Posts
Reputation: 143
CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcharg0 View Post
I too failed the step 2 CS back in 2009 after attending this course and failed to get into residency that year because of it. The course was not good at all compared with Kaplan. After Kaplan I totally ACED this exam. Kaplan was extremely focused, detailed and blunt. My performance was sky-high after Kaplan in Newark and I wished I had not fallen into the Ximedus trap.

I always wonder with this type notes → if failed 2009 then you definitely passed it in 2010! , but now it is 2015 , I guess, you should be over with Residency by this time, and start working as an Attending Physician

What are you doing here?

thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
zcharg0 (05-18-2015)
  #13  
Old 05-18-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reputation: 12
Default

yes i am over with residency and i am a family physician now...i just thought i would share my experience of ximedus with others after all these years and didn't know about this forum until now...i wish i had prepared better for this exam by NOT going to dr rowley in ximedus but to Kaplan from the beginning. she was a nice person but at least back then her course was not good at all for me (clearly as i failed badly). looking back on things, i think she gave me a false sense of security and confidence going into the exam without picking up the fact that my knowledge and several aspects of my communication skills were totally lacking. this was very easily picked up by Kaplan, i quickly made the necessary adjustments and passed the exam a few months later in 2010! i do not work for Kaplan, i just wanted to share my experience and wish people pass this exam first time, because with the right approach you can pass first time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
citadel08 (05-19-2015)
  #14  
Old 05-19-2015
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 276
Threads: 21
Thanked 133 Times in 70 Posts
Reputation: 143
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcharg0 View Post
yes i am over with residency and i am a family physician now...

Hey, Doc -

You have done everything !!! Who cares to know about your CS - you're ATTENDING US PHYSICIAN now!

It is perfect time to go to Hawaii -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Tags
Step-2-CS-Courses, Ximedus-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How about Ximedus for CS? water USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 6 06-19-2013 02:24 AM
Ximedus course in Florida dhanvanthri80 USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 0 04-15-2013 07:10 PM
have you heard of Ximedus! imgaspirant USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 11 10-16-2012 01:40 PM
Feedback about Ximedus CS Live Course indra2013 USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 1 11-16-2011 06:34 PM
Avoid My Nightmare healer2b USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 8 05-20-2011 05:11 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)