I'm really worrying about my Step 2 CS results & I feel like there's no way I'll pass the exam. It's seriously all I can think about ever since finishing the exam, and I keep remembering bits where I messed up! I guess I was just so worked up, I couldn't perform at all the way I normally would have. I wonder what you guys make of the whole thing... So here's a list of my mistakes:
- Didn't wash my hands with the first patient.
- Forgot to counsel a young patient - they had smoked cannabis & drank alcohol & were unwilling to tell me anything if I told their parents- I'm sure that's a common one, but I hadn't come across it before, so I talked about confidentiality & forgot to counsel them!
- In fact I forgot to counsel yet another patient about cannabis too, because I ran out of time.
- ... And I don't remember counseling anybody about alcohol. (I counselled all the cigarette-smokers!)
- Missed the dDx on at least 2 patients
- Not sure if I draped everybody, now that I think back to the day of the exam.
- Talked to one patient about colonoscopy & put that down in my workup while having already told them explicitly that their issue was an upper GI one. (And I put down 'colonoscopy' in my workup as well, while forgetting to put down 'endoscopy'.)
- Didn't complete one of my notes.
- For my workup, I didn't necessarily put each workup on a different line, eg. I'd write 'UA, UDS' in one box.
- Didn't have physical findings to support my diagnoses in nearly every patient.
- Saw venous eczema, but wrote about arterial disease.
- Didn't ask all female patients about their ob/gyn Hx in detail, just said, "and did you have any problems with your period/menopause?" and left it at that, if they said "no", even though I should have pursued it a bit more- particularly in one patient
- Did not ask a depressed patient about suicidal intent & self harm
- AND the mother of all - I farted in front of one patient, & it was *really* smelly This has never happened before, ever, and it happens in the exam. FML. Seriously.
I am so, so worried about this. I feel like I ruined the exam in pretty much every way possible. If I pass, it'll be a miracle.