Integrating CSEVideo with First Aid - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 2 CS Forum

USMLE Step 2 CS Forum USMLE Step 2 CS Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 2 CS exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-26-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 85
Threads: 9
Thanked 74 Times in 34 Posts
Reputation: 84
Question Integrating CSEVideo with First Aid

Hi all,

Please help me out. I have my CS pretty soon and I have just started to study for it. I subscribed to CSEVideo today but everything in the website seems so clustered.

I have decided to use FA + CSEVideos but I'm not sure how to get the best out of the videos. What I mean is "do I start with the videos or audios (I think I saw some audios)" and "which videos should I start from?".
Also do I have to go through FA first even before looking at the videos?
I'm currently studying the minicases in FA if that helps.

I'm hoping that some kind-hearted people here will point me in the right direction as to how to make the best use of my new CSEVideo subscription.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message




  #2  
Old 05-27-2011
Haisook's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 752
Threads: 124
Thanked 620 Times in 265 Posts
Reputation: 640
Default

Hi,

Most cases in CSEvideo have their counterparts in FA, so I suggest you skip the minicases for now, and proceed to the practice cases. There are 3 video sets in CSEvideo; before watching a video, search for its counterpart in FA practice cases, and have the book open while you watch the video. This will save you a lot of time 'cause you're doing both at the same time. Some cases in CSEvideo have no counterparts in FA practice cases e.g. eye pain; for those you can check their own patient notes in the website, or check FA minicases.
__________________
I've regained my honor [99/99].
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
tootsie (10-25-2011)
  #3  
Old 05-28-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 85
Threads: 9
Thanked 74 Times in 34 Posts
Reputation: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haisook View Post
Hi,

Most cases in CSEvideo have their counterparts in FA, so I suggest you skip the minicases for now, and proceed to the practice cases. There are 3 video sets in CSEvideo; before watching a video, search for its counterpart in FA practice cases, and have the book open while you watch the video. This will save you a lot of time 'cause you're doing both at the same time. Some cases in CSEvideo have no counterparts in FA practice cases e.g. eye pain; for those you can check their own patient notes in the website, or check FA minicases.
Hi Haisook,

Thanks so much for the reply. I have been studying the cases using your suggetion and its working out pretty well for me. CSEVideo is a wonderful resource but I feel the website just needs to be more organized. I hope the CSEVideo person on this forum takes note of the feedback.

Thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 05-28-2011
Haisook's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 752
Threads: 124
Thanked 620 Times in 265 Posts
Reputation: 640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzoneZone234 View Post
Hi Haisook,

Thanks so much for the reply. I have been studying the cases using your suggetion and its working out pretty well for me. CSEVideo is a wonderful resource but I feel the website just needs to be more organized. I hope the CSEVideo person on this forum takes note of the feedback.

Thanks again
You're welcome.

I agree that the website needs some organization, like why can't the patient note be there in the same page as the video? Also, why can't I buy a package and be able to activate it later myself, instead of sending emails to the admin (e.g. USMLEWorld lets you do that)?

Nevertheless, I think the content - mainly the videos - is very helpful, and after watching all the videos, you will have memorized all the questions to ask and how you act in the encounter, a very critical point for us, IMGs.
__________________
I've regained my honor [99/99].
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 05-28-2011
iron's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 229
Threads: 43
Thanked 52 Times in 43 Posts
Reputation: 62
Default question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haisook View Post
You're welcome.

I agree that the website needs some organization, like why can't the patient note be there in the same page as the video? Also, why can't I buy a package and be able to activate it later myself, instead of sending emails to the admin (e.g. USMLEWorld lets you do that)?

Nevertheless, I think the content - mainly the videos - is very helpful, and after watching all the videos, you will have memorized all the questions to ask and how you act in the encounter, a very critical point for us, IMGs.
Is it 9 hrs video for all 36 cases or more thn that ?which is better ,7days or 14 days ?esp when only 3 weeks left for exam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 05-28-2011
Haisook's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 752
Threads: 124
Thanked 620 Times in 265 Posts
Reputation: 640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
Is it 9 hrs video for all 36 cases or more thn that ?which is better ,7days or 14 days ?esp when only 3 weeks left for exam.
Each video is 15 minutes or less, but not more, cause as you know, the actual time permitted in the exam for each encounter is 15 minutes. So 15 m x 36 = 9 hours. You can watch them in 7 days, so it depends on your pace and schedule. Bear in mind there are also a lot of patient notes and audio sections, but I didn't find them useful enough.

Personally, I bought one month expecting more content, but I was done in about 2 weeks on a slow pace.
__________________
I've regained my honor [99/99].
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
iron (05-28-2011), maksemous (02-11-2012), tootsie (10-25-2011)
  #7  
Old 05-28-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 85
Threads: 9
Thanked 74 Times in 34 Posts
Reputation: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
Is it 9 hrs video for all 36 cases or more thn that ?which is better ,7days or 14 days ?esp when only 3 weeks left for exam.
It depends on the amount of time you want to dedicate to the videos per day. 7 days might be enough if you have already read through FA and you just want to have a feel of what the real encounter looks like. But I will advice you to go for 14 days if you can afford it so that you have time to go the cases more than once before the exam.

Hope this helps. Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
iron (05-28-2011), tootsie (10-25-2011)
  #8  
Old 05-28-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 85
Threads: 9
Thanked 74 Times in 34 Posts
Reputation: 84
Default

Guys/ Seniors,

I have another question

If you finish a case early, can you add the extra time you have to writing the patient notes???????

OR the maximum time to complete the PN is strictly 10 minutes????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 05-28-2011
harlesmd's Avatar
USMLE Forums Guru
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 390
Threads: 40
Thanked 365 Times in 144 Posts
Reputation: 375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzoneZone234 View Post
Guys/ Seniors,

I have another question

If you finish a case early, can you add the extra time you have to writing the patient notes???????

OR the maximum time to complete the PN is strictly 10 minutes????
Yes, it will be added for writing your patient note.
__________________
Time is immortal when you believe on something...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 05-28-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 85
Threads: 9
Thanked 74 Times in 34 Posts
Reputation: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlesmd View Post
Yes, it will be added for writing your patient note.
Good stuff Harlesmd

Thanks a bunch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 05-29-2011
csevideo's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 67
Threads: 11
Thanked 50 Times in 21 Posts
Reputation: 70
Default

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
There are actually 48 videos, 36 cases and 12 mystery videos.
The study guides include all the mnemonics, differentials, and workups for each case per system.

The patient note does not show up with the videos so that you are given an opportunity to memorize the case as you are watching it then view the note.

Later activation is set up manually because we have streaming videos, our system will be updated so that you can activate on your own.

However, we are taking all the comments into consideration and will make appropriate changes.

Thank You and Good Luck in your exam
CSEVideo.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 05-29-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 124
Threads: 45
Thanked 68 Times in 23 Posts
Reputation: 78
Default

hi all!!

i have read first aid twice now and my exam in in the third week of June.
i have practiced once with a study partner over skype.
now i am interested in watching the videos to get a feel of the whole exam thing.i have 3 questions..

1. Is one week good for me?

2. Are the examinations done in the videos appropriate and adequate. I read somewhere that the physical exam is not the best feature but still if it teaches one how it can be done on time then I'd like to see it.

3. What else should I be doing now? any tips or suggestions???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 06-02-2011
iron's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 229
Threads: 43
Thanked 52 Times in 43 Posts
Reputation: 62
Default

Hey how to do minicases? Do we need to practice them as long cases ? I have heard that we can do those cases in last week ,but i was just going through it , i saw there are few different topics then long cases ,so can anyone suggest me how to read them ? .Do we have to read the d/ds esp the highlighted ones which r the main diagnosis n others we can make something related to complaint,otherwise I don't think it is possible to remember all those lists and to ask them in exams.
so can any1 guide me ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 06-03-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 124
Threads: 45
Thanked 68 Times in 23 Posts
Reputation: 78
Default

hey iron!

most of the minicases are given as cases.the ones that arent u can either practice with a partner or just try asking the questions to ur self n see if u manage to ask them all..

its not possible to remember eveything.but just try to form ur own set of dds for each symptom.so u can apply that to any disease of that particular symptom.


i have a questions.
the physician in the cse video does super fast neuro cases understandably but mssing some componenets.is that all right or do we lose marks ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
iron (06-03-2011)
  #15  
Old 06-03-2011
iron's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 229
Threads: 43
Thanked 52 Times in 43 Posts
Reputation: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicine View Post
hey iron!

most of the minicases are given as cases.the ones that arent u can either practice with a partner or just try asking the questions to ur self n see if u manage to ask them all..

its not possible to remember eveything.but just try to form ur own set of dds for each symptom.so u can apply that to any disease of that particular symptom.


i have a questions.
the physician in the cse video does super fast neuro cases understandably but mssing some componenets.is that all right or do we lose marks ?
thanks
ya actually when i see the minicases I can make the d/ds n invxs, but was worried about how to ask them as in long cases ,u r rite ,most of the cases they have covered in long cases n for those uncovered ,I think it's like trying to frame questions for main symptom n ask associated symptoms.
ya regarding cse video ,I think she is so fast I can't manage to do so first ,butnow I can covered more no. of physical examinations when i do them how she has taught there ,but I too m worried as it won't be possible to take permission every time before PE ,as first aid has mentioned n few cases there will be fake symptoms ,don't knw whether we ll b able to discover it if we do evrythng so fast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 06-05-2011
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 124
Threads: 45
Thanked 68 Times in 23 Posts
Reputation: 78
Default

hi haisook and iron!

need a little help..
i am practising patient note but now wonder whether we can write for example sensation intact through out and motor strengh 5/5 throughout if we just examined it lets say in the knee and hands.we cant say it can we??

if i just check the relexes in the knee n biceps can i write relfexes 2/4 ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 06-06-2011
iron's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 229
Threads: 43
Thanked 52 Times in 43 Posts
Reputation: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicine View Post
hi haisook and iron!

need a little help..
i am practising patient note but now wonder whether we can write for example sensation intact through out and motor strengh 5/5 throughout if we just examined it lets say in the knee and hands.we cant say it can we??

if i just check the relexes in the knee n biceps can i write relfexes 2/4 ???

well
In first aid they have written the way u r saying and i think we can write it that way like muscle strength 5/5 throughout ,DTR 2+ n symmetric but they have mentioned that u should only write what u have done ,not what u haven't performed ,so it depends on what all u have performed ,as they have sp lists too ,to cross check ,so I think it won't look nice to write what we haven't , it may look like that we r fooling them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 06-06-2011
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 29
Threads: 5
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Reputation: 25
Default

hi all
i took the exam in april and ipostedmy experience and been a silent viewer since, i noticed ?'s bout the pe in csevideo i recommed you follow her mightn not look right to you at first but with time you have these pe fit it after you take hx and do basic like heart and lung. theya re done fast so you can fit it in the exam i highly recomed her method for pe i used it and made each case ontime will have results on june15 in retrospect i think i did well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
tootsie (11-12-2011)



Reply

Tags
CS-Preparation, CSEVideo-

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thank You CSEVideo drlouis USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 11 02-04-2017 12:03 PM
Discussion about CSEVideo dr.yale USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 37 07-29-2012 02:50 PM
CSEVideo.com inquiry csevideo USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 1 04-30-2011 08:14 AM
CSEVideo.com WE DID IT! JUST FOR YOU csevideo USMLE Step 2 CS Forum 5 04-22-2011 06:36 AM
Integrating CK books into later years of college srimbbs USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 1 02-27-2011 11:46 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)