step 3 experience of 228 - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 3 Forum

USMLE Step 3 Forum USMLE Step 3 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 3 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-27-2015
Anwar's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 97
Threads: 16
Thanked 63 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 73
Pakistan step 3 experience of 228

hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
step 3 experience of 228-my-step-3-228-experience.pdf  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
aish (09-02-2015), allawi1085 (08-30-2015), Cubandoc (09-06-2015), drciri (08-30-2015), kagman (10-02-2015), mahlaqatk (09-16-2015), merci12 (09-13-2015), mutatingskyline (08-28-2015), nguoimiennam (09-19-2015), step1prepkol (09-13-2015), usmle1981 (08-28-2015), wuzzy (03-26-2016)



  #2  
Old 08-28-2015
USMLE Forums Newbie
 
Steps History: Step 1 Only
Posts: 9
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default thank you!

Thank you! You are heaven sent! I am in the same situation. I got my Step 2 CS results last August 12 and I am cramming for my tentative Sept 29 and October 2 test. I just started studying uworld last August 13. May I know if uworld is really enough? Did you feel like it covered almost everything? I have no time to study anything else. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 08-28-2015
Anwar's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 97
Threads: 16
Thanked 63 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 73
Default

Yes uworld in enough if you do it the right way. The questions that will not come out of uw you can't prepare for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
mutatingskyline (08-31-2015)
 
  #4  
Old 08-28-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 97
Threads: 21
Thanked 23 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default Registration procedure

Hi Dr.Anwar,
Thanx and congratulations.
1.May i know process of reg for step3 ?
2. how long does it take to register ?
3. Do we need usmle transcript to register? If so how can we get them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-28-2015
Anwar's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 97
Threads: 16
Thanked 63 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 73
Default

1. go to fsmb.org and you will find a way to register everything is written u will need an ecfmg certificate
2. from registration to permit arrival around 7-14 days
3. no need for transcripts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
Hi Dr.Anwar,
Thanx and congratulations.
1.May i know process of reg for step3 ?
2. how long does it take to register ?
3. Do we need usmle transcript to register? If so how can we get them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Bird (08-28-2015), wuzzy (03-26-2016)
  #6  
Old 08-29-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: Not yet
Posts: 27
Threads: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
Default nbme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwar View Post
1. go to fsmb.org and you will find a way to register everything is written u will need an ecfmg certificate
2. from registration to permit arrival around 7-14 days
3. no need for transcripts
thank you very much for advise.i would like to ask ,did you take any NBME before appearing in the exam?
i have been preparing for step 3 since june,i took NBME 2 in end of july,my score was 30marks below passing score.then i took UW self assessment and i got passing score.
i am still preparing for step 3 these days.but the problem is that you cannot renew your q bank,as a result of which ,i have only option to do wrong questions,which is over predicting my score i guess.
do you have any advise for me ?should i solve step 2 ck UW q bank too?because I've learned the right answers in step 3 q bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 08-29-2015
Anwar's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 97
Threads: 16
Thanked 63 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 73
Default

no i did not do any nbme
try doing uwsa for assessment
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.y View Post
thank you very much for advise.i would like to ask ,did you take any NBME before appearing in the exam?
i have been preparing for step 3 since june,i took NBME 2 in end of july,my score was 30marks below passing score.then i took UW self assessment and i got passing score.
i am still preparing for step 3 these days.but the problem is that you cannot renew your q bank,as a result of which ,i have only option to do wrong questions,which is over predicting my score i guess.
do you have any advise for me ?should i solve step 2 ck UW q bank too?because I've learned the right answers in step 3 q bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 08-30-2015
Anwar's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 97
Threads: 16
Thanked 63 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 73
Default

Basic sciences is very basic in step 3 and in the last 4 its not advisable to read new things so just go over the uworld tables and algorithms once and best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
drciri (08-30-2015)
  #9  
Old 08-30-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 97
Threads: 21
Thanked 23 Times in 10 Posts
Reputation: 33
Default About state

Thanx Anwar for answering my ques.
Another ques is,am i suppossed to take my xam from state where i got my CID?
Or i can take xam any state ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 08-30-2015
Anwar's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 97
Threads: 16
Thanked 63 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 73
Default

In any state u want
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Bird (08-30-2015)
  #11  
Old 09-01-2015
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 148
Threads: 40
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 20
Default

Hi Anwar, does step 3 result will be out on 3rd Tuesday in mid night in candidate website,

Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 09-01-2015
Anwar's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 97
Threads: 16
Thanked 63 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 73
Default

yes it does
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamidi View Post
Hi Anwar, does step 3 result will be out on 3rd Tuesday in mid night in candidate website,

Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
harisifti (09-01-2015)
  #13  
Old 09-01-2015
USMLE Forums Addict
 
Steps History: 1 + CK
Posts: 148
Threads: 40
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Reputation: 20
Default

Thanks Anwar,

please can you say at what time i can expect the result, I mean at 1 am, 2 am or 3 am in the morning ect.

will appreciate your reply,

Thanking you,

kamidi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 09-01-2015
Anwar's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 97
Threads: 16
Thanked 63 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 73
Default

there is no exact time
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamidi View Post
Thanks Anwar,

please can you say at what time i can expect the result, I mean at 1 am, 2 am or 3 am in the morning ect.

will appreciate your reply,

Thanking you,

kamidi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
harisifti (09-01-2015)
  #15  
Old 09-13-2015
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: CK Only
Posts: 55
Threads: 7
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Reputation: 35
Default

Thanks Anwar.

I noticed that UWORLD leave out a good proportion of topics in each subject and does not have enough questions on each topic. For example, in Cardio section most of the arrhythmia questions are about atrial fib only and leave out other types of arrhythmia. In Onco questions, very very few questions about lymphoma, leukemia and theses topics (maybe only two questions) and a lot of questions about prostate cancer! Is the real exam like this? I mean does UWORLD bring up topics that you are most likely will see in the exam and does not cover topics that most likely you will not be tested on?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 09-16-2015
Anwar's Avatar
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 97
Threads: 16
Thanked 63 Times in 22 Posts
Reputation: 73
Default

uworld pretty much covers all the important topics being covered in the exam as for all other topics they are not as high yield as the ones included in uworld were. in my experience uworld covered almost everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by one11 View Post
Thanks Anwar.

I noticed that UWORLD leave out a good proportion of topics in each subject and does not have enough questions on each topic. For example, in Cardio section most of the arrhythmia questions are about atrial fib only and leave out other types of arrhythmia. In Onco questions, very very few questions about lymphoma, leukemia and theses topics (maybe only two questions) and a lot of questions about prostate cancer! Is the real exam like this? I mean does UWORLD bring up topics that you are most likely will see in the exam and does not cover topics that most likely you will not be tested on?

Thanks.
__________________
246/255/1st/228/2011/2 US LORs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Step 1 228 bcelikten IMG/FMG Forum 4 08-27-2015 07:33 PM
Step 1 228 bcelikten IMG Residency Match Forum 1 08-15-2015 01:44 AM
228 step 1 experience s.azam USMLE Step 1 Forum 14 02-05-2013 04:32 AM
Step 1 228/83 experience coldsteel USMLE Step 1 Forum 4 12-05-2012 06:10 PM
228/98 Experience; Using Kaplan Qbank Page References Sana99 USMLE Step 1 Forum 2 12-20-2011 05:43 PM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)