NBME form 2 Correlation - USMLE Forums
USMLE Forums Logo
USMLE Forums         Your Reliable USMLE Online Community     Members     Posts
Home
USMLE Articles
USMLE News
USMLE Polls
USMLE Books
USMLE Apps
Go Back   USMLE Forums > USMLE Step 3 Forum

USMLE Step 3 Forum USMLE Step 3 Discussion Forum: Let's talk about anything related to USMLE Step 3 exam


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-29-2013
Kais_MD's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 299
Threads: 26
Thanked 177 Times in 103 Posts
Reputation: 187
USMLE Scores NBME form 2 Correlation

Hi guys....Exam is in 3 weeks and 2 days. Does anyone know how the correlation of nbme 2 goes for step3... I scored a 440 but OMG the test was hard. my comprehensive feed bad shows i need to improve OB/GYN and Peds/Neonate....

any advice
feedback?
__________________
Always Remember (The Devil is in the Details) @_@
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #2  
Old 07-29-2013
XpaezX's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,216
Threads: 41
Thanked 1,327 Times in 711 Posts
Reputation: 1342
Default

From what I have gathered all the NBME forms for step 3 are useless and not predictable of actual performance... But it gave you an idea of what to work on and what to improve.. so Study those weak subjects
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-29-2013
Kais_MD's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 299
Threads: 26
Thanked 177 Times in 103 Posts
Reputation: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpaezX View Post
From what I have gathered all the NBME forms for step 3 are useless and not predictable of actual performance... But it gave you an idea of what to work on and what to improve.. so Study those weak subjects
ya i figured. i searched and usually pple who got 200-210 on real exams usually did around 350 on nbme. So i am being alittle optimistic....10 more days till UWSA.

How's your prep coming along?
__________________
Always Remember (The Devil is in the Details) @_@
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 07-29-2013
XpaezX's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,216
Threads: 41
Thanked 1,327 Times in 711 Posts
Reputation: 1342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kais_MD View Post
ya i figured. i searched and usually pple who got 200-210 on real exams usually did around 350 on nbme. So i am being alittle optimistic....10 more days till UWSA.

How's your prep coming along?
Good, IM doing uworld, have done Jason's, USMLEconsult, Kaplan Qbank, Kaplan Qbook

I have done some CCS but had to postpone that because I will take the exam at a later date.

I have seen that the best predictive value comes from uworld first pass performance, I have seen people that have scored in the mid 60's get more than 230.

Step 2 CK is an indirect score correlator as well, if you have done well on that exam you will definitely kill USMLE step 3, there is a thread in SDN that has score correlations according to uworld (this website also has one, but there arent that many people posting their scores there), you should check it out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-29-2013
Kais_MD's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 299
Threads: 26
Thanked 177 Times in 103 Posts
Reputation: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpaezX View Post
Good, IM doing uworld, have done Jason's, USMLEconsult, Kaplan Qbank, Kaplan Qbook

I have done some CCS but had to postpone that because I will take the exam at a later date.

I have seen that the best predictive value comes from uworld first pass performance, I have seen people that have scored in the mid 60's get more than 230.

Step 2 CK is an indirect score correlator as well, if you have done well on that exam you will definitely kill USMLE step 3, there is a thread in SDN that has score correlations according to uworld (this website also has one, but there arent that many people posting their scores there), you should check it out
Ya i checked that out too. I finished world mid 60's. Thank god....doing it second time around with 85-90%.
I am trying to get most of my scores in CCS too and Archer's is amazing. By the way if you can get his lectures for subjects too, I suggest to do. They help alot in management. I went thru that and all my Internal MEdicine went thru the roof. I rocked my CK as well so praying i rock step 3 too...
Good luck with prep. Its hard but not impossible. 90% and up is doable with a good well rounded prep.
__________________
Always Remember (The Devil is in the Details) @_@
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-29-2013
XpaezX's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,216
Threads: 41
Thanked 1,327 Times in 711 Posts
Reputation: 1342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kais_MD View Post
Ya i checked that out too. I finished world mid 60's. Thank god....doing it second time around with 85-90%.
I am trying to get most of my scores in CCS too and Archer's is amazing. By the way if you can get his lectures for subjects too, I suggest to do. They help alot in management. I went thru that and all my Internal MEdicine went thru the roof. I rocked my CK as well so praying i rock step 3 too...
Good luck with prep. Its hard but not impossible. 90% and up is doable with a good well rounded prep.

Yup, I'm scoring right now in the mid 70's but I have done just a few tests so obviously my score will decrease.

yeah Archer lecture notes are amazing, they have given me a solid foundation for almost all qbanks I have answered.

My goal is to obviously get a stellar score, will see what happens!

im pretty sure you will perform beyond your expectations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-29-2013
Kais_MD's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 299
Threads: 26
Thanked 177 Times in 103 Posts
Reputation: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpaezX View Post
Yup, I'm scoring right now in the mid 70's but I have done just a few tests so obviously my score will decrease.

yeah Archer lecture notes are amazing, they have given me a solid foundation for almost all qbanks I have answered.

My goal is to obviously get a stellar score, will see what happens!

im pretty sure you will perform beyond your expectations
Lets hope. you are on the right path. Keep it up.
Repitition is the key.
if you have time start putting up questions and we'll discuss.
__________________
Always Remember (The Devil is in the Details) @_@
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-29-2013
XpaezX's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,216
Threads: 41
Thanked 1,327 Times in 711 Posts
Reputation: 1342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kais_MD View Post
Lets hope. you are on the right path. Keep it up.
Repitition is the key.
if you have time start putting up questions and we'll discuss.
Sure, from which source do you want me to put questions? If you dont have Qbook I can do that, so I share a question from a source you dont have and by doing that you expand your knowledge, either that or we can discuss uworld concepts, whatever you want, I want to help you because you will do the exam before me so.. you get my drift
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-29-2013
Kais_MD's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 299
Threads: 26
Thanked 177 Times in 103 Posts
Reputation: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpaezX View Post
Sure, from which source do you want me to put questions? If you dont have Qbook I can do that, so I share a question from a source you dont have and by doing that you expand your knowledge, either that or we can discuss uworld concepts, whatever you want, I want to help you because you will do the exam before me so.. you get my drift
haha....GOod so when i take it i'll be able to give you a detailed comprehensive feedback on how the exam is......lets do surgery/obgyn and Peds
__________________
Always Remember (The Devil is in the Details) @_@
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 07-29-2013
XpaezX's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,216
Threads: 41
Thanked 1,327 Times in 711 Posts
Reputation: 1342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kais_MD View Post
haha....GOod so when i take it i'll be able to give you a detailed comprehensive feedback on how the exam is......lets do surgery/obgyn and Peds
You got it, will post a couple of questions starting tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 07-29-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 530
Threads: 35
Thanked 291 Times in 207 Posts
Reputation: 301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpaezX View Post
Good, IM doing uworld, have done Jason's, USMLEconsult, Kaplan Qbank, Kaplan Qbook

I have done some CCS but had to postpone that because I will take the exam at a later date.

I have seen that the best predictive value comes from uworld first pass performance, I have seen people that have scored in the mid 60's get more than 230.

Step 2 CK is an indirect score correlator as well, if you have done well on that exam you will definitely kill USMLE step 3, there is a thread in SDN that has score correlations according to uworld (this website also has one, but there arent that many people posting their scores there), you should check it out
what is Jason's ? how good is it? thanks
__________________
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
XpaezX (07-30-2013)
  #12  
Old 07-30-2013
XpaezX's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,216
Threads: 41
Thanked 1,327 Times in 711 Posts
Reputation: 1342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadde View Post
what is Jason's ? how good is it? thanks
Jason's family and board review, it is a book or ipod/ipad app that has multiple questions, i believe it is an amazing resource! It also works well for step 3!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
Sadde (07-30-2013)
  #13  
Old 07-30-2013
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: ---
Posts: 530
Threads: 35
Thanked 291 Times in 207 Posts
Reputation: 301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpaezX View Post
Jason's family and board review, it is a book or ipod/ipad app that has multiple questions, i believe it is an amazing resource! It also works well for step 3!
thanks!
Did you try Jasons for step 3? Where can i buy it ?
__________________
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 07-30-2013
XpaezX's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,216
Threads: 41
Thanked 1,327 Times in 711 Posts
Reputation: 1342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadde View Post
thanks!
Did you try Jasons for step 3? Where can i buy it ?
Yes I did, recently finished it.

You can get it on Amazon if you want the book or via Apple store if you want it on your Iphone/Ipod touch/Ipad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 07-30-2013
Kais_MD's Avatar
USMLE Forums Veteran
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Posts: 299
Threads: 26
Thanked 177 Times in 103 Posts
Reputation: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpaezX View Post
Yes I did, recently finished it.

You can get it on Amazon if you want the book or via Apple store if you want it on your Iphone/Ipod touch/Ipad
I am thinking of getting jasons.....I have 3 weeks exactly....You think its a good idea. Maybe i am just freaking out lol
MY IM is apparently on point. I need to do small subjects
__________________
Always Remember (The Devil is in the Details) @_@
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message



  #16  
Old 07-30-2013
XpaezX's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,216
Threads: 41
Thanked 1,327 Times in 711 Posts
Reputation: 1342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kais_MD View Post
I am thinking of getting jasons.....I have 3 weeks exactly....You think its a good idea. Maybe i am just freaking out lol
MY IM is apparently on point. I need to do small subjects
Yes get Jason's it is a fast read and will help you a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 08-01-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 16
Threads: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpaezX View Post
Yes get Jason's it is a fast read and will help you a lot!
Hi... Could you plz tell me is it the second edition book or do I have to buy another one????
Thanks so much for your help...
And also what subjects do I need to revise as I don't have much time to do it all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 08-01-2013
XpaezX's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,216
Threads: 41
Thanked 1,327 Times in 711 Posts
Reputation: 1342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nora05 View Post
Hi... Could you plz tell me is it the second edition book or do I have to buy another one????
Thanks so much for your help...
And also what subjects do I need to revise as I don't have much time to do it all...
The 3rd edition is the one you want, the one with the black dude smiling.

I would advise you do the internal medicine sub-topics, peds and ob/gyn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
nora05 (08-01-2013)
  #19  
Old 08-01-2013
USMLE Forums Scout
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 16
Threads: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Reputation: 18
Default

[QUOTE=XpaezX;206485]The 3rd edition is the one you want, the one with the black dude smiling.

So second edition won't work????

Really appreciate your quick reply, may God bless you....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
XpaezX (08-01-2013)
  #20  
Old 08-01-2013
XpaezX's Avatar
USMLE Forums Master
 
Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Posts: 1,216
Threads: 41
Thanked 1,327 Times in 711 Posts
Reputation: 1342
Embarrassed It can and It will BUT!

[QUOTE=nora05;206487]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XpaezX View Post
The 3rd edition is the one you want, the one with the black dude smiling.

So second edition won't work????

Really appreciate your quick reply, may God bless you....
It will, but some topics.. specially in internal medicine have updated guidelines (Cardiology, Endocrinology, cancer screening and so on) so unless you are aware of these changes then 2nd edition can work just fine, but be careful to supplement doubtful info with updated material just to be safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The above post was thanked by:
nora05 (08-01-2013)



Reply

Tags
NBME-, USMLE-Scores

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the USMLE Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Medical School
Choose "---" if you don't want to tell. AMG for US & Canadian medical schools. IMG for all other medical schools.
USMLE Steps History
What steps finished! Example: 1+CK+CS+3 = Passed Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and Step 3.

Choose "---" if you don't want to tell.

Favorite USMLE Books
What USMLE books you really think are useful. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.
Location
Where you live. Leave blank if you don't want to tell.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NBME 15 correlation Faith-USMLE USMLE Step 1 Forum 14 06-26-2014 01:46 PM
NBME form 2 score correlation anatomie USMLE Step 3 Forum 1 01-30-2014 08:41 AM
NBME 3 correlation ?? aknz USMLE Step 2 CK Forum 1 02-17-2013 12:06 PM
NBME 3 Correlation stfidel USMLE Step 3 Forum 1 02-02-2013 10:47 AM

RSS Feed
Find Us on Facebook
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

USMLE® & other trade marks belong to their respective owners, read full disclaimer
USMLE Forums created under Creative Commons 3.0 License. (2009-2014)