USMLE Forums - View Single Post - NBME, UWSA, Qbanks Averages, Correlation with Real Step 2 CK Exam Score
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016
USMLE Forums Newbie

Steps History: 1 + CK
Threads: 0

I used to check this site soo much during my Step 2 CK prep and now that I am done taking the exam I feel like I absolutely had to make an account and post here to share my experience in hopes that they help someone else.

So as you will see by my scores, I am definitely not the best student. I am a Caribbean Medical School student and I took my exam between my 3rd and 4th years. I studied about 3 months for the exam and mostly just did UWorld. I read Step Up to Medicine during my IM rotation in 3rd year but did not really use it during Step 2 prep. I studied about 7 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, and took about 3 weeks off. My days mostly consisted of taking and going over UWorld sections, which took me forever. It took me about 4-5 hours to carefully go thru 44 UWorld questions. I also watched Emma Holliday videos during the last week leading up to my exam. I also used them for SHELF prep during my 3rd year and found them very helpful.

Step 1- 213
NBME 4 490 – 235 … 29 wrong – 3 months out
NBME Comp (our school made us take this) 215 – 2 months out
NBME 6 440 – 225 … 32 wrong – 1 month out
NBME 7 420 – 221 … 45 wrong – 1.5 weeks out
UWSA 234 – 1 week out
Free 150 - 85.1% - 3 days out
Real Deal - 237

The biggest thing I can say is to trust yourself and your test scores on test day. I know a lot of people say this and it is much easier said than done (trust me) but try as hard as you can. After my test I spent the next couple weeks just looking thru forums about what to do if you fail Step 2 and when you can retake it and all of that. The real exam felt harder and just different than all of the practices so I thought there was no way I would pass nonetheless score about what I did in my practices.

Last thing, I got my score at about 2:45 pm the day of score reporting so do not freak out if you don’t get it in the morning.

I really hope this helps
The above post was thanked by:
drjds (07-28-2016), Laureen9 (07-25-2016), maymed (07-27-2016), samajade (09-11-2016), ucheeee (07-24-2016)