- thank you for taking the time and reading this post. I completely understand that everyone is laser focused on their priorities, so i'm cognizant that this may not get lots of responses.
- I'll start with my ask - I'm a PGY4 resident (radiology), currently studying for the USMLE Step 1 - while still pursuing my residency program. I started just a few weeks ago and intend to study for the foreseeable future (10 months total?).
I am currently seeking advice from you all but also from those who have been in a similar situation as mine: International Medical Graduate, a resident, Taking the USMLE exam to pursure a Fellowship in the great USA (don't believe Trump - It was, and will always be great).
My Current Strategy & Schedule:
- Study about 4-5 hours during the weekdays, 7-9 hours over the weekend
- Read through FA during the week and try to complete 1 system per week when possible.
- If I make enough progress during the week then i go through around 20 QBANKs over the weekend (remember i have duties as a PGY4 resident too)
- Switch back to studying/memorizing FA during the week for the following section
- Go through qbank over the weekend
- Rinse & repeat
Please keep in mind that english is not my first language, so it takes me a little bit longer than most to go through this process.
I'd really appreciate any help or advice anyone has for me.