USMLE Forums - View Single Post - NBME, UWSA, Qbanks Averages, Correlation with Real Step 2 CK Exam Score
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016
USMLE Forums Scout

Steps History: 1+CK+CS+3
Threads: 1

IMG with Step 1 score in 230s (1.5 years ago).

For CK:
  • Did half of uworld throughout rotations (2015) in prep for shelf exams. Always read the relevant section from MTB2 for each shelf a week before. Sometimes read snippets of uptodate articles for rotations, usually after getting pimped.
  • Started dedicated study time in February '16 with ongoing rotations; finished the other half of uworld over the month with 68% total. Took detailed notes into MTB2/3
  • From March-May I watched Kaplan videos and did relevant questions from Kaplan qbank; finished with 70%. I took notes from vids and questions into my MTB2/3 books. Did not read Kaplan LN though.
  • NBME at prometric in early June: 255. Then took ~6 weeks off for CS prep afterwards (big mistake).
  • July 20-August 18: read my highly marked up MTB2/3 once, listened to heart sounds on youtube, reviewed stats once (mistake).
  • Took the exam on Aug 19 with the Chicago airshow doing practice flybys overhead

RESULT: 248 The new exam was manageable imo and a lot like uworld. Questions weren't too long; I always finished each block on time, except for the one with the long abstract. Only advice I can give is find a good source (not Kaplan) to review stats, ethics and clerical procedures/standards that maximize patient safety and care. If you think you know a topic well, ask yourself the following: what if the patient is pregnant (they love this one), immunocompromised, very old, peds patient.
The above post was thanked by:
drjds (09-15-2016), MerryM (12-02-2016), messi (11-04-2016), Outsider (12-25-2016)