USMLE Forums - View Single Post - The effect of Med School Failure on Residency Matching
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012
USMLE Forums Scout

Steps History: Not yet
Threads: 2

hey guys,

i studied in eastern europe... my transcript for my first few years is really rotten... i failed a load of classes and i didn't attend some classes (i was careless and i forgot to unregister to the classes when i could have, they were not mandatory just random optionals)... i didn't want to do medicine (was forced into it) until i was woken up with a nice summer experience working at a hospital in the summer. i got my priorities straight and i never failed again and did really well in my rotation years and scored pretty solid grades throughout the rest of my time there... i got some great clerkship experience in the US and in Canada (6 months combined) and now im heading into USMLE prep... i would like to know how bad my situation is before i start prepping for the steps.

years ago, i talked to my auncle (he's from pakistan) and he told me they don't care at all about transcripts... he's an oncologist in florida right now... he said that they don't even look at it... so that relaxed me... but now i read here that they do look at it...

am i screwed?