The journey towards becoming a physician in the United States is a long one and involves countless hours of reading and studying for exams. Every American medical student, Foreign Medical Graduate (FMG) and International Medical Graduate (IMG) is required to take and pass all three United States Medical Licensing Exams (USMLE) to be certified and practice medicine in the United States of America. These board exams test many components and without the right guidance and preparation, it can feel like an uphill battle that will never come to an end.
The USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) exam tests medical students and graduates on their ability to address the diagnostic challenges posed, to prepare the patient for the next steps in work up and treatment, and to document each patient encounter appropriately in a typed format.
Art of USMLE specializes in preparing each medical student, foreign and international medical graduate with the knowledge and training to master and conquer the USMLE Step 2 CS exam. Our objective is to assist every candidate with the ability to meet their maximum potential and pass this exam with high performance.
Our close to 100% passing rate is due to our endless efforts and investment in each one of our students, the extensive training that is received, the one-on-one guidance through our live patient encounters and the continuous feedback that is offered all throughout the course. With the recent changes to the Step CS exam and the entrance into residency becoming more competitive, it is imperative to pass each one of the board exams on the first attempt, especially the Clinical Skills exam.
1. Five-day CS Course
• 24 High yield Live Patient Encounters covering all aspects of the CS exam.
• Actual test like setting to test all your skills and not leaving it to chance on exam day.
• Small classes 3:1 ratio, student to M.D.
• Perfecting the art of data gathering to obtain the information pertinent to each individual case.
• Fine tuning and trimming your physical exam technique to complete the focused exam in the time allowed.
• Mastering the art of data interpretation in a live setting.
• Time management structure.
• Closing every case in under two minutes.
• Addressing, neutralizing and conquering each challenging question asked by the SP’s.
• Immediate feedback after each encounter by a highly trained M.D. followed by the implementation of those suggestions in future cases.
• Handling intimate, and personal topics that often come up on the CS exam.
• Patient note dissection.
• 24-hour access to our patient note portal with an unlimited submission of notes.
• Tricks and tips to complete your patient note in under 10 minutes.
• Explanation of the backbone of the Step 2 CS exam.
• Fine tuning your English during the encounters to pass the SEP component.
• Discussing the most common mistakes that are made so you do not make them.
2. Diagnostic Exam
This program is chosen for those who have been practicing and would like to test their skills and performance in a real CS exam setting. This exam is a direct correlation to how well you will perform on your exam day.
• Three live 15-minute patient encounters followed immediately with patient note submission on our portal.
• Once all three encounters are complete, the medical student/M.D. will receive an assessment from one of our highly trained M.D.’s highlighting the strengths and weaknesses.
• A detailed assessment of all three patient notes, following the USMLE guidelines of supporting each differential with the appropriate findings. Each note is individually reviewed by the M.D. and not by a computer scan.
3. Patient Note Assessment
• 15 Patient notes allowed for submission and review.
• Direct access to our patient note portal.
• Receive a detailed assessment as well as a step-by-step dissection of the note.
• Reviewed by one of our highly trained M.D.’s.
• Pinpoint positive and negative findings to support each differential diagnoses provided.
• Feedback within 24 hours.
4. Special Package
: ICU CS PREP
1 or more attempts:
• Special one-on-one attention to diagnose the weaknesses and eliminate them. To implement a method which will reintroduce many proven techniques and tactics that will allow the candidate to reach their maximum potential and pass their CS exam.
• Practicing data gathering and interpretation with the use of mnemonics.
• Ruling in/out differential diagnoses to obtain your positive and/or negative findings.
• Review all physical exam techniques and maneuvers.
• Patient note structuring and typing.
• Relationship building with the SP.
• Expressing sympathy and empathy when it is appropriate.
• Asking questions in a well-structured, free flowing format.
• How to navigate through the physical examination.
• Maximizing and maintaining eye contact.
• Analysis of body language and rapport.
• Full assessment of strengths and weaknesses in the English language.
• Techniques to minimize errors that might cost you a failure in the SEP component.
• Tips to avoid certain traps in each patient encounter.
• Exercises to practice and implement into each patient encounter.
We are located minutes away from downtown Chicago and from the actual USMLE Step 2 CS test center (near O'hare airport).
Please feel free to visit our site www.Artofusmle.com
or contact us Toll-Free (866) 985-8759
to answer any questions or concerns you might have about the courses we offer.
Stavros Vouyiouklis, M.D.
President at Art of USMLE
Office: (866) 985-8759
Chicago | New York