USMLE Forums - View Single Post - Kaplan Prep Course : Take it or leave it ??
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010
USMLE Forums Guru

Steps History: 1+CK+CS
Threads: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by fin-84 View Post
Now that I read your other threads it seems that you have quite tight schedule. This could be one reason to take the course. Anyway the best thing you can do is ease your mind. Test is unique experience (I read that you cannot re-try if you pass it and if you donšt pass it it could close some resident places cause they tell that step 1 must be passed in the first attempt). So maybe for you it's good choice
Yeah...due to limited time constraint, I am thinking that taking this prep course will help boosting my progress comparing to self study. Buy as u said, I don't want to get rush taking this test since it's a once in a lifetime chance to perform well. My timeline is the fast-paced study option, but I am flexible with it...if eventually I am not ready yet to take the test...I won't risk it...better prepare myself for another few weeks...maybe 2013 match will be more reasonable and give me more time to gain more us clinical experiience, but the downside...I will waste another one year....yeah life is about choosing the rite options !!!